Carrot_tit's Unit Diet Diary

Not a great day yesterday, i ate loads but then it you can carry your unites over (god i hope you can cos i've been working on that premise!) I should still be okay.

Day Four - 16/08/07

Breakfast
Cup of Coffee - 0
2 Weetabix - 0.5
Strawberries - 0

Dinner
Large Tin Sainsbury's Extra Lean Meat - 5
Jacket Pot - 0

Tea
2 M&S Cod Fillets - 9
Jacket Pot - 0
Broccoli - 0

Snacks
Delmonte Strawberry Fruit Double - 0.5
Half Pack Barbeque Snack a Jacks - 0.5

Water
2 Litres

Total - 15.5

Quite a large total but if i've worked out my units for the previous 3 days correctly and you can carry over units i should have started yesterday with 17 units instead of ten so fingers crossed i'm still okay.

Last edited:
Hey hun!

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to carry over units?? I'm no expert - in fact, never done this plan before, but SW & WW allow you to roll your points/syns over to the next day (but not the next week) so I guess no harm done.

You are doing great - I love looking at the food diaries in the unit diet section - think I will maintain on the unit diet once I'm done with CD. You get to eat whatever you want (your meals yesterday sound lovely) within your units and you all say you are full!! Can't wait.

Keep it up - and thanks for saving me some sausage casserole :D LOL!!
xx

I'm hoping you can roll units over too as i didnt do too good yesterday either!! Darned pizza!! :)

We need natalie to come on so she can let us know - it might stop us worrying!!!

I've been feeling really miffed since Friday :( I've been doing a running programme, i started it with the intention of it helping me lose weight but it's been great for my depression, but as soon as i started doing it i noticed a clicking noise in my hip. It wasn't a problem at first but as the weeks went by i noticed that my leg felt wooden until i heard the click and it became easier to run. Anyway i decided to visit the doctor for a check and he thinks there is something wrong with my left hip and i'm going to have to have it x-rayed and until they get any results back i have to really limit my running :mad: and he said it could take upto 10 weeks!!!!!!!! I'd only just worked my way upto doing 30minutes now i'm only allowed to do 20 and that has to be a mixture of running and walking. At this rate i'll never be ready for my 5k in October :mad:

Anyway here's my menu:

Day Five - 17/08/07

Breakfast
Cup of Coffee - 0
2 Weetabix - 0.5
Stawberries - 0
Small Banana - 0

Lunch
Frosties - 0
Small Banana - 0
Barbeque Snack a Jacks - 1

Dinner
2 Small Chicken Breats - 5
Chicken & Mushrom Pasta in Sauce - 3.5

Snacks
Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps - 4

Water
2 Litres

Total - 14.5 :eek:

I don't usually eat Walker's crisps but there were sat on the side when i got home from the doctors and they seemed fair game! Never mind eh.

Day Six - 18/08/07

Breakfast
Frosties - 0
Small Banana - 0

Lunch
8 Fish Fingers - 2
Jacket Pot - 0

Dinner
8 Fish Fingers - 2
Jacket Pot - 0
Butter - 4

Snacks
Delonte Strawberry Fruit Double - 0.5

Water
500ml

Total - 8.5

I hate weekends. I find it so much harder to stick to on a weekend. I think in future i shall have to carry more points over from weekdays and hopefully that will cover me. Plus i really must work on my water consumption.

Sarah,

Loving your diary and fish fingers:)

Sorry to hear your hip has been playing up, hope you get it all sorted.

Love Mini xxx

Oh no - thats rubbish about your hip. I hope you get sorted soon, it seems a shame when you have just built up to running for 30 minutes. I am very impressed though - i cant run to the end of my road!! LOL I hate running.

Weekends are hard for me too. I am hoping for 2lbs weight loss this week as i'm seriously eating too much cereal. It's either that though or i blow it completely. I am definately going to be keeping my units to a minimum on a weekday now and having more on a weekend. Thats whats good though about this - flexibility!! :)

Keep smiling - you're doing great. :)

I think the idea is that you have 70 units over the course of the week. So if you know weekends are your weak point, you have a consistent 5 or 6 each day, then you can have more on the weekends. I remember reading it somewhere in the literature but can't for the life of me tell you where :confused:

Anyway, sorry to hear about your hip - why is it when we start to do something good for ourselves, something has to come along and hinder it?! :(

Its in the members handbook, it says you can spread them out however you like, personally i would avoid having a high day before WI but you can really please yourself so long as 70 per week x

Thanks Guys, i got weighed this morning and i have to say i'm disapointed. I lost 1lb :confused:. Now i know any weighloss is good and i was only expecting between 1lb & 2lb loss but not in my first week. Usually when i start a diet i lose anywhere between 3lbs & 7lbs so it came as a shock to jump on the scales and have only lost 1. Still hey ho, perhaps the rest will drop off next week :D

Day Seven - 19/08/07

Breakfast
Frosties - 0
Large Banana - 0

Lunch
Roast Turkey - 2
Yorkshire Puddings - 3
3 x Aunt Bessies Stuffing Balls - 1.5
Roast Pots - 0
Mash - 0
Broccoli - 0

Snacks

Water
500ml

Total - 7

I can heartly recommend Aunt Bessie's Sausagemeat Stuffing Balls, there yummy and as long as i've worked it out correctly they are only 0.5 unit each.

Hi Sarah.

Well done on the weight loss. You are right though a pound off is better than a pound on. The lady who emails me said that it may take a while for your metabolism to adjust to the new eating plan and to keep at it.
I'm thinking of doing fast track from tomorrow to give myself a boost - it'll depend on how strong i'm feeling mentally!!

Keep at it honey - you're doing great. x

Hi Carrot

I suppose there's two ways of looking at it:

1. Did you enjoy the week and find it easy'ish? If so imagine enjoying a diet and losing 1lb per week. Not mega weight loss but I read on anotehr forum that first week weight losses are generally small on this plan if you use plenty of free food. 1lb off is fantastic considering the lovely things you've been eating this week. Perhaps it is down to metabolism after doing a vlcd or other diet plan?

2. Did you struggle the last week? Did you find it hard and unsustainable (don't know if thats a word!) If so then 1lb is gutting for a hard, miserable week.

I suppose the reaction to weight loss depends on how muchyou enjoy the diet. I was spurred on with cd (even tho I couldn't stick at it :rolleyes:) by the positive attitudes of everyone on here. The majority of members enjoyed cd and so it made the hard times easier to cope with. I enjoy this diet and even tho I had a big 1st week loss i'm happy to settle for slower losses. I'm sure my 1st week loss was only down to loads of water, 45min walk every day (minimum) having 10 units each day and watching my free foods.

Also remember that on other diet plans if you are hungry during the first week you're losing water weight as well as fat. If you don't experience hunger during the first week then your loss is largely fat loss isn't it?

Anyway. Well done. You're lighter than you were last week and when you get to goal you will know that you won't regain loads of weight simply through eating foods like pasta or bread as your body will be used to them while dieting.

Sorry for rambling, but my mate has just had her 1st weigh in and lost 1lb so i've been chatting to her this morning!

Love Lou xxx

Monday 20/08/07

Breakfast
Coco Pops Cereal Bar - 0.5
2 x Weetabix - 0.5
Strawberries - 0

Lunch
Large White Breadcake - 1
3 x Ham - 1.5
Snack a Jacks - 1

Tea
Roast Turkey - 2
Mash - 0
Broccoli - 0

Snacks
Delmote Strawberry Fruit Double - 0.5

Water
1.5 Litres

Total - 6.5

Turkey again for tea as there was plenty left after Sunday's roast and it seemed a shame to waste it. I has planned on doing something with pasta with it but by the time i got home from work i just could not be bothered:D

Good menu yesterday Sarah - i'm sure if you carry on like this you'll have a good weight loss next week.
How are you feeling about TUD and in youself? Are you ok?

I'm okay. I spent most of yesterday evening in bed due to quite a bad headache, again! I've booked into have my eyesight tested today just in case. I'd finally managed to fall asleep when i was woken up by stomach pains. I spent the rest of the night sharing the sofa with my dogs as it was closer to the toilet than my bedroom. I won't go into detail but i had it coming from both ends :sick0019:Makes me wish i'd gotten weighed this morning instead! Must have been something i'd eaten but i can't for the life of me think what it could be. Still feel a bit icky this morning but i have dragged my bum into work.

Fish Fingers for tonights tea :bliss:

Sorry to hear you were sick last night!

fetch.dll

Hope your feeling much better!

Well done on your weight loss. You have loads to eat and you have lost a pound which is great!!!

I am following this diet with interest.

One pound of butter is a good reminder of how much one pound is.

Love Mini xxx

Oh thats rubbish sarah, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a bug with the headache and sickness.
Enjoy your fish fingers tonight - you deserve them!! :)

Get well soon honey and well done on weight loss xx

Back