Carry On Shrinking!

Jessica you I can't wait to reach day 23, only just managed to get to 4 after zillionth attempts to get back into Cd. Don't let a piece of cheese and tuna deter you from sticking to plan again. I've learnt having in the past lost on cd is that ultimately whatever diet plan people o we all have to take control of what food types and portions we eat. Alas the whole control thing is what I struggle with be it real food or cd packs.

Like the others say if daily weighing doesn't strengthen your resolve like it does or others then try not to do it. Don't undo all your good work so far!!! Hoping I can do as well.

I think the problem with control is so often we think it is an all or nothing deal. Either I have iron will and let nothing past my lips which is not 'on plan' or I will eat with no discrimination whatsoever. Why do we think that we have to be stronger and better than everyone else? We already are showing how strong we are by starting and continuing to deal with our weight problem. It is obviously something we find tough or we wouldn't have the problem in the first place, so maybe we should celebrate every success and forgive ourselves our lapses. We wouldn't let our kids give up on walking because they fell down, nor would be consider them a failure if they didn't read a whole book on day 1 of school. so why do we do it to ourselves. We are learning to walk towards a healthier us and will have stumbles. We are learning to read our bodies and find out what works for us, but it will take longer than a day, a week or even a year to gain that knowledge. The reality is we shouldn't give up and actually we can't give up - it is far too important for that. So rather, accept that we will at some point have tuna, cheese, chips or a cake, and that makes us human, not lacking in will-power - and definately NOT a failure!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Guys! You all speak so much sense and I really appreciate the support!
I have decided to stop the daily weighings, in fact I am going to try not to weigh at all and wait until my official weigh in with my CDC.
I said I'm going to try!!!
I have just had a tuna salad and it was blinkin lovely - am not going to guilt myself out about eating something so healthy. I have really proved to myself over the last couple of weeks that I can eat the odd healthy thing and it won't open the floodgates to other delights which was my main worry at the start of this.
My head is in a completely different place this time round with this diet and I have no doubt at all that the remaining 2 stone are going to go this year!
Once again, thanks for all of your comments, it really does motivate and encourage xx

I have just enjoyed a carrot with reduced fat hummus is it Cambridge NO did I enjoy it yes was it naughty no. Make healthy choices and know when you don't need to eat as in it's just habit/ boredom that is the key to getting the body you want. Xxx

Mmmm, carrots and hummus, now that sounds deelish. Isn't it funny how the things that feel naughty now are actually the healthy choices?
I'm not craving chocolate or cakes or crisps, what I really fancy is Jacket Potato with roasted veg (and cheese), spag bol or chilli.
All of which can be a healthy choice! x

Pasta or potato don't agree with me lol I had a salad with new potatoes and gained 5lb by the next morning, pasta also makes me hold water, strange but I'm fine with rice, citrus fruits and bread all thing that people can hold water from x

Hmm, that's what's making me so strong I think, the worry of eating something and putting on 8 million lb overnight!
I've not had a carb for nearly 4 weeks - it's a miracle - I was the queen of carbs before! x

Mash potato addict and that is what's killing me lol just stick with it and it won't take long, that's what I keep telling myself x

Oh yeah, pie and mash (loads of double cream and cheese)!!
I just don't know why I'm so fat......... x

I know exactly what you mean, I had some nectarines in the fruit bowl the other day which the kids just weren't interested in at all, I wanted them to get them eaten, it was driving me bananas! (or nectarines)......

Ahhhh passion fruit, major YUM!!! I do miss fruit on this diet, am looking forward to eating fruit when i get back to the real world :) ps you're doing great x

Don't think 3 shakes and a carrot with hummus was enough to cover the glass of red wine felt very ill all night :-( think it's because I have been on the diet longer then the glass I had last weekend. Hubby is looking after me by brewing fresh coffee

Oh dear, this is what stops me from drinking, not the added calories. I'm a scaredy cat so everything I read about alcohol and ketosis terrifies me x

Oopsie!
My willpower finally got the better of me and I gave in to a Roast Beef Dinner.........
It was absolutely deeeelish!!
I am interested to see how my body deals with this invasion of carbs and fat and red meat.
I didn't have much on my plate though, probably less than half of what I used to eat but I feel soooooo naughty. Not enough to make me down though, I reckon it will do me the world of good :0)

I'm glad you enjoyed it - I agree it was defo a good idea, so don't feel guilty. add a meal week in some vlcds is there to boost the metabolism, so you can continue to lose weight longer term. I start an AAM week tomorrow - working towards a lovely meal at the weekend. Actually, just remembered I'm on a course next week-end so will be eating rich food from Friday evening on and will not feel in the least guilty! take care.

Well done and glad you enjoyed it. We had lunch out today and I was looking forward to the chicken salad I ordered but it was horrible covered in loads of pepper. And soggy bits of bread on top I had 3 mouths and sent it back they had also put dressing on(loads of it) when I asked for it in the side and it tasted like cream with loads of oil and pepper in, hubby sent his back as it had big chucks of fat in it. Then found a 6inch green bean stalk in my little girls dinner. Needless to say we refused to pay for any of it, gutted :-(

Ooh lass, enjoy, sounds lush.
Mama-you don't seem to be able to get a good chicken salad in many places, best intentions don't always work out, although at least you didn't go for the chicken and chips like I did when it happened to me! X

Back