Cathys Dukan diary

I dont need wine to relax, If I were any more relaxed I would be horizontal lol.

Not at the moment though, I am comfort eating quorn sausages, Ive nearly eaten a whole pack.
I am furious with my mother.
I think I said on here that it was my dads 70th birthday on Friday, but him and my mum are going to a neighbours wedding on the Saturday. So the other week she phoned and we were trying to figure out what would be best, a meal out in a hotel or a sort of bring your own plus wine small family & friends get together in one of the smaller rooms in the village hall. We live 40 miles from them, but thats fine its my dads 70th for goodness sake and hes lovely and he would do anything for us as we would for him.

Anyway this morning my brother phoned me and said that the neighbour who is up on holiday just now, said she would cook a curry for dad on Thursday night and mum said she would also and that they would invite their friends from in their wee hamlet. The friend asked , what about the family (meaning us & my siblings/our children)? My mum said "oh theres 19 of them I'll not bother inviting them".
What a cheek, I cant believe she would do such a thing, well I can actually, but even for her thats pretty low. How would my dad feel if none of his children or grandchildren who he absolutely adores, didnt bother turning up. We are all furious. Mum is on nights so she wont be up till after 3pm this afternoon. My sister is going to phone her and make her invite us. If she says the house is too small she is going to suggest the hall, and if she kicks up a fuss, I am going to phone and tell her we are coming up on Thursday night, I'll bl**dy well gate crash.
I am so mad GGGRRR

Now I HAVE eaten all the sausages

oh hon thats terrible! as if you wouldnt be there!! i do hope you get it sorted xxxx

Gosh yes... me too... hope you get something sorted!

Thanks ladies, its sorted now, my sister phoned mum and said that Duncan (my brother) had told her about what mum had said and that we all thought it was mean because we all wanted to celebrate his birthday too and were upset at not being 'invited'. Anyway mum said she had been put in a bit of a difficult position, though she could have easily said, 'oh lets book the hall and have friends and close family, it would have been fine. STill all sorted I am making stuff so can make some Dukan friendly food and eat before I go lol.
Emma started school today, she had a great time but is far too tired to tell me what she actually did there lol, typical. We are all tired today so early beds all round I think.

Sneaky mid week weigh in shows I am still the same, but I havent put much exercise in this week, the last few days its been really wet out and going to the village for Emma etc and the fact dh is here I havent really had time.
Right off to make some soap then to pick Emma up from school and go and buy my dad a 70th birthday present, aarrgghh dont know what to get him

<I'm wondering whether you're making soap or soup...>

70th birthday... that's a big one... (my Dad's 80 next summer!!!)... Might it be an idea to get together with your brother(s) and sister(s) and get him something big from you all? Or perhaps too complicated!

Think they have already bought. Good idea though, will remember that for mums lol shes 65 in November.
Think as he is partial to a wee dram in the evening I will get him some nice glasses to drink from, I have made him some red pepper chutney too and some tablet, he will love those, especially if I label them 'Grandads special chutney' or something.

Its definitely soap I am making, I dont fancy lavender & oat meal for lunch ;)

red pepper chutney... ooooooohhhhhHHHHHHHH!
Sounds like a lovely thoughtful gift.

Definitely no oatmeal allowed! Bran only! ;)

LOL. mmm red pepper chutney does sound divine? dukan friendly version???

you could make it dukan friendly, will have a go, with sweetener over the weekend;-)

Went to dads party , it was lovely had a nice time. Went to Inverness on Friday and got more oat bran and wheat bran. Yesterday went into the village to do ther bits of shopping, and came back , had a slight runny nose, then it just all of a sudden turned into a full on head cold, and now I feel awful, I hardly slept last night. My ears and nose are completely blocked and my throat thinks I have swallowed sandpaper :(. I dont have anything in to make me feel better either. I just want to be asleep. I have never had a cold come on so quickley, ggrrr

Oh NO Cathy! big hugs (and tissues!)
I know you can get sugar free cough med if you need that!
Glad your dads party went well. did he love his pressies?

I just replied to you on daily menu thread, but to ensure you read it :)

CHICKEN SOUP...

garlic, veggies, onions, pepper!!

spice it up and knock that cold on it's head :D

I hardly ate yesterday, I was really cold then later on I was so hot. Today I feel more human but I have a cough that wasn't very pleasant this morning. But is just a bit tickly now, I got some sugar free strepsils yesterday which seem ok. We went to a friends house for dinner and had roast beef and loads of veg (shes doing Dukan too lol shes really slim but wants to shift the bit on her tummy and she is terrible for carbs so I told her to do Dukan see if it at least helped with the cravings) they we had a toffee muller for dessert lol. After that though I had 2 hot toddies, but I slept like a log so all good.

glad you feel a little better :D

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today Cathy... I like the sound of Vicky's soup...

Thankyou all. I love the sound of the soup. I might make it on Thursday so it has time to steep overnight for Fridays PV day

Back