Cathys Dukan diary

If you're unwell, make a PP version... chicken, fat free cube, dried herbs, water... whizz it up... will be hot and soothing!

Oh good idea, I've gone all hot again now :( Will make the soup and put chilli powder in it sweat it out lol xx

Feel a bit better, but have such a chesty cough and tickly throat, once it starts I just cant stop , horrible, plus I have a lovely cold sore hanging out of my nose. I am so attractive lol.
Diet is going great but my laptop is in serious need of attention and the touch pad wont work neither does one of the usb hubs and it keeps crashing, so if I dissappear its because I have sent it off to be fixerd, can use ds2s though

poor you! I had a sore throat on Monday, and hit hard with vitamin C, multi vits AND being grumpy to all... it worked! (You're too nice Cathy!)... as for that coleslaw (typed that automatically, cos I love it, so will leave it...), I sympathise being prone too... on my lip, mind you! Nose must be awkward!

I cant wait for weigh in tomorrow, this is the lowest I have been for years, I darent think about the long term I am finding it a bit scary. I dont know how I will feel when I am slim again. For the last 10 or so years I have dieted and had very limited success. This just seems too easy. I am a bit hormonal I think TOTM is looming for next week. But today I was thinking how weird its going to be when I am at my goal.
I never felt I was slim when I was 3 stone lighter, so I dont really know what its like to be slimmer.
I dont have a good figure when I am fat, some people can carry it off, but I cant, and I'm not bothered if I feel fat when I am 3 stone lighter, I will look at pictures of how I am now and remind myself.
I dont know what is wrong with me today, i'm just being silly, but I wonder what it will be like when I dont need to be slim anymore. I just want nice clothes and to look nice, I dont feel fat if I am honest but I am, so I am losing weight because no matter how comfortable I am with myself, I want to be the right weight for my height and be healthy, I dont want to go to the Gp for a reason and them to blame it on me being over weight, when I know fine its because of something else.
I suppose its just the not knowing, and having struggled for so long, what will I do with out my fat lol, dont get me wrong though I am so glad its working and I am looking forward to buying something and wearing it and not thinking, it didnt look like that on the model.
Also I think I cant quite believe it is working, I am seeing numbers on the scales that I have not seen for years when it starts hitting those 180s I will cry with happiness.

Sorry I am rambling on, I had to write it somewhere, just because I was getting a bit upset. gah, just a bit weird today is all
xxx

That all sounds pretty brilliant to me, enjoying the process, accepting and embracing the loss as its own reward.

Stock up on tissues, you'll be breezing into the 180s in no time.

aww Cathy you will be ok ...I dont look thin even when thin but i will just remember the weight im losing and it will be worth it your going great

Cathy... that's a lovely post... it's true, one day, you wake up (like Vicky today) and you're at target... and the next day when you wake up (as I did six years ago), you might well wonder "errr what do I do now"!

Thanks to Dukan and Phase 3, we're not alone...

As to how we feel slimmer, hmm... that's more tricky... I still examine myself regularly in shop windows as I pass to double check...

I have to keep reading my last post today because I am really craving carbs today, TOTM came early and I haven't got anything in I can eat that is Dukan friendly, I have taken stuff out for dinner but its not defrosted yet, its the end of the week and I have hardly anything left. I am in danger of a foot slipping off the wagon. I am still in control though lol, I wont be falling off, but I really want something sweet that doesnt taste of sweetener.
I just keep focusing on next Fridays weigh in, aarrrggghhh

Good post Cathie, and I'm glad you're sounding so strong, despite feeling carb urges...

I guess one important thing to retain from this sort of post is how crucial it is to always have some extra Dukan friendly food lingering... do you not have any sachets of sugar free jelly or something?

The way I used to handle those moments when nothing but < xyz > would do was to bake something... the sort of thing we don't normally allow ourselves because of tolerated items... but it's far better to eat something like that, than < xyz >

Remember also, if you're absolutely about to eat < xyz >, have an exceptional second helping of oatbran muffins/galette... again, better than the alternative.

As that book I've been telling you about is teaching me, each time we use our "resistance muscle", we strengthen it and it'll subsequently become easier to resist. Likewise, each time we use our "giving in muscle", we simply strengthen it.

GO CATHIE! You're close to your first target!

Thanks Jo. I dont have any jellies no, I am going to buy some tomorrow, just for emergencies, lol. If I make jelly everyone can smell it and they will all want some, so I get the little pots and hide them behind the healthy stuff.
I just had some yogurt and stuck a tiny bit of cocoa powder in it and some wheat bran and oat bran, that will keep me going for a bit till my mince is defrosted. But what ever savoury thing I eat just isnt doing it for me, think I will have an early night

or out for a long walk... some soup? it won't "do it", but it might fill you... there are times I know that I just need "filling" to stop my mind wanting... always wanting...

take care cathy...

Thing with me is I could eat savoury all day,and be full up but the sweet craving wont go till I have something sweet. I know its all hormonal. I will ask dh to pick me up some diet coke on his way home, that might do the trick. Hmm actually Emma has just asked for an ice pop, they are the sugar free ones I will have one. It will take me ages to eat too

and when you get your supply of yoghurts in, stick a couple in the freezer perhaps... they take ages to eat too!

Eeek we are getting a kitten tomorrow, cant wait. I wanted a house cat for ages, but had to wait till Emma was old enough. So after months of not hearing of any locally, ogt the local paper yesterday and there were 3 tortoiseshell kittys in there all female 1 smooth 2 fluffy, so we are having a fluffy one, I cant wait, and As Emma will be at school all day from Monday, I will get to play with it all day .

Oh I love kittens - our cat had 6 a year ago and they were great fun. We only kept one and I still think of him as a kitten, even though he is now a year old. Have fun!

Good morning, we got our kitty she is just adorable, shes called Izzy,I will try and attach a pic.
Weekend was good fun, glad to be on PP again though, there wasnt much Ducan friendly at the meal but I had haddock goujons and salad they were in batter but it was very light and thin so I ate it lol. The main was steak pie but I only ate the meat as there was lots of it, and a few carrots, salad and didnt eat the chips. I didnt have a pudding either, and had 5 vodka and diet cokes.
It was such a good night nobody had really changed, the boys looked older balder and fatter lol and some of us girls were fatter lol.
Didnt weigh myself will do it tomorrow after a PP day today.
Emma has started full time school today, she was saying she would miss the kitty but I suppose it makes a change from her missing me lol. Hope she gets on ok.
Right best go and get breakfast. Heres the kitty
DSCF2651-1.jpg

oh she is gorgeous' I will try and find a pic of mine when he was a kitty. Of course he is a right old bruiser now at 1 year old - he is one solid cat - far bigger than his mum

Attachments

• June2010 014.jpg
    June2010 014.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 32
What a handsome cat, lovely face

oooh how fabulous to have a kitten to play with! (and yours is cute too Mouse!)...

Cathy - a very important day for your daughter, and I expect you'll be quite sad waving her off. Does she have a uniform? I do like to see little ones heading off in their uniforms (much as I hated mine way back when!!).

Back