caws diary

We're still waiting to hear about placements - we know the area but not the actual placement. First one is on 20th October.

Woohoo - lost another 3 lbs this week. Playing catch up from last week I reckon. That's nearly a stone gone :D

I'm off out today to take my mum (and children) out to lunch as she's having a really crappy time at work and it's not very often that we're all not doing something on a Saturday.

I'm really rubbish at writing in my diary - I just comment in everyone elses :D

I'm not doing too badly although I could be doing alot better ! I'm slipping back into having the odd cake and biscuit with a cuppa, which is ok occasionally but not daily !

I also bought a tin of Quality Street (special offer for Christmas - you know what those supermarkets are like !) and it's nearly all gone !! I have had the help of two children to munch them though.

I'm away for the weekend, which could involve too much drinking but as I don't have much of a social life I'm looking forward to it !

I'm with Gem's whole philosophy - don't let dieting stop you living.
Hope you get very very drunk and had a wondeful time this weekend!!!

~Silence~

I didn't get very very drunk, as I had to drive home from the Midlands the next day - I got drunk enough though and we also had a lovely meal and didn't stop chatting !

I managed to get a Wii Fit last Thursday so will be going on that when I can - I'm just so busy at the moment and the next week is going to be aswell. Hopefully after that it'll calm down and I'll have a couple of days off!

Glad you had fun Caws!!!
Yay for the wii fit. I've heard that it's really very good and a lot of fun!

~Silence~

I haven't been here for a week - time goes so quickly. 23,000 posts to read - haha. I try to visit you and ~Silence~ (and Spod) at least, to check how you're doing !

I'm really enjoying my placement - next week is the last week and then I'll be back at uni. I need to go back for the rest.

Food wise - I've been eating too many chocolates and sweets and not enough vegetables. I'm still drinking lots of water and hardly any fizzy drinks. I haven't been to the gym for about four weeks (since starting placement !!) and I haven't been to my step class for the past 2 weeks as I've been working, so on the whole I've been more bad than good but haven't fallen completely into my old ways (yet !)

Glad to hear you are enjoying your placement caws! I would imagine its v. hard work and uni will be a good rest!!

Well done for not going back to your old habits. It is difficult to stick to good habits (I remember from teaching practice) when you are so busy and life is hectic with lots of working hours, but you will get used to it and get into healthy habits when on placements too!

xx

Right, time to get back on track. I actually haven't been too bad over the last couple of months - too much chocolate, mince pies and christmas cake over the past couple of weeks but the biscuit thing creeps up on you !

Yesterday I started my less carbs/more protein eating style. I do like it and it suits me - once you get sorted it's ever so easy to follow. I'm also going to 2 exercise classes a week and I'm going to do 2 home workouts a week.

I'm going to do this for January and see how I get on. I'm back on placement in two weeks so will need to be extra organised.

I'm also going to restart my ticker.

Helloo hunny!
well done for staying positive!!
Unfortunately christmas has been a naughty time for me too.. ate way too much amongst other things!! But like you, i'm starting again.. getting focused again & determind to do this!! :)
Good luck sweetie x x x x

Hi Caws
Welcome back!! You sound in a good place!! Where are you doing your placement? I am going to a local special school on Thurs morning bout my placement, but think I will be trying somewhere else too cause I want to do a block placement and the head of the school said she could offer me 1 day a week. Anyway, great to see ya.
xxx

My placement is in the same nursing home I went to in November. We do block placements and it's for another 5 weeks. I really liked it there - hard word but good. It's the shifts that are slightly awkward - long days, which are 7.30am-8.30pm or earlies 7.30am-2pm or lates 2pm - 8.30pm so although you get a 20 min break (on an early or late) to have a snack it makes it difficult to eat at 'proper' times. Anyway, I'll do it !

First exercise class tonight and it went ok. 10 of us so maybe we'll help each other as it goes on.

Food wise - been very good, porridge for breakfast, salad with chicken and ham for lunch and a banana and chicken stirfry with courgettes, onions and mushrooms for dinner. I'm back on the green tea with lemon (definitely can't get on with the red bush tea)

I did sneak a chocolate chip cookie and 10 salt sticks (pretzel things) but at least I counted them :D

Good luck with the placements. You are doing so well with the food. Fair play to you.
Lovely avatar by the way.
xxx

Aww - thanks Clarri. Thought it was about time I showed my face ! Don't really like photo's of me but have put a couple in to try and show some difference :D

Today I had toast for brekkie (don't usually but made it for my daughter and then she decided that she wanted a bagel) and I was out shopping at lunch-time so went into Subway - yum yum. I've made a bolognaise for dinner and will have a couple of spoons of brown rice with it rather than spagetti.

Still not drinking enough, especially water. May treat myself to four Terry's chocolate orange segments this evening.

Last edited:
Yaay caws is back! (I knew that already...you posted in my diary but this is the first time I've posted in yours since your return)

Sounds like you're in a good place... am really pleased for you! Keep it up is all I can say!

~Silence~

I was still around now and again lurking ~Silence~, just wasn't really posting and didn't have time to read everything !!

Haven't found Spod's new diary yet (I'm assuming she started one !!)

hi, good luck with the weight loss its a rough ride so i wouldnt worry about restarting so yay we've, returned lol go us!

Back