Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

How many syns are these on an EE day? En route to Asda to buy the cottage cheese..... :) Thanx for the recipe.

Sausage, surely as part of a meal they are synfree? Perhaps as a permanant snack they are synned? my consultant did give me the recipe and no syns were mentioned, she gave me a printed out copy.

As far as I can see it it's a better choice than a packet of crisps from a syn point of view so I'll keep scoffing! Omnom.

Cake - my syns were off the chart last night due to wine so I am sure the scones didn't do any more damage LOL

Someone on that thread said that Smash was synned. I dunno. They had Sainsbury's Value smash in the shop, but it was packaged like wallpaper paste, so I went for the dearer one that the Martians advertised.

I do believe that new smash is 1 syn a scone I do remember reading this somewhere. When I make this as a cobbler I can only eat 2 or 3 as I find it very filling with the meat and veggies so as part of a main meal and no something you snack on and can eat loads I see no problem....... then theres food abuse, where we substitute smash for flour, its all a grey area. Smash pizza base is free, so I assume this is because its part of the meal. My friend was also given this recipe very recently by her consultant at group saying these scones were free on EE and green

Yes I do think thats the case. Its minimal syns but apparently does have them :( mine is still the old package (phew) I do believe there are other instant mashes that are still free.

I think there is a very borderline food abuse if we are not careful but if in moderation or with our meals to me its fine :D thats my rule of thumb and I'm sticking to it. I would consider it food abuse if I snacked on them all day as they could then affect weight loss again my own opinion :)

:D Just baked these and have to say they are AMAZING!!!! In real danger of eating the lot though. I added 8syns of low cheddar, and made 8 scones, 1 syn each and totaly divine! Cant wait to make a cottage pie and use these as the topping...mmmmmmmm

I don't go to class now but when I did I remember the controversy about putting pasta n sauce into quiches. My consultant said if you ate it as part of a meal it would be syn free, but if you snacked on it you'd have to syn the pasta n sauce. I guess the same thing goes here.

Yesterday I had two of mine with eggs & beans as part of a meal & one in the evening as a snack. I guess I should syn that one. I won't though, as it stopped me eating all the delicious party food I would have hogged out on!

Oooh yes! These would be a fab idea as part of the Xmas-buffet stylee thang!!! :eek: With some healthy home made hummus! And as garlic bread!!! :drool:

Im wondering a lot about what to have at Xmas as obviously Ill be tucking into Xmas dinner, but Ill be at my mum's and we ALWAYS have buffets of loads of crisps, nuts, cheese etc etc which is OK for a day or so but not throughout Xmas (ie Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, thedayweekyearafterthatetc...) :rolleyes: Need idea for healthy Xmas snacks! Mm maybe I should start a new thread...

Ermintrude, have you seen the sw christmas recipe book, I was drooling, choc truffles, mince pies, xmas puds. I'm going to enjoy xmas sw style! Ok some syns but far less than my normal xmas.

I HAVE to make these, but to clarify, cos I need it all spelled out in black and white cos I'm a numpty at cooking :cry:- what oven temp do I cook these scones on?

And if I want to use them as a cobbler top for stews, do I make & bake them first then top the stew towards the end? Or chuck them as raw 'dough' on top of the stew?

Ta very much :eek:

I HAVE to make these, but to clarify, cos I need it all spelled out in black and white cos I'm a numpty at cooking :cry:- what oven temp do I cook these scones on?

if fan oven 180-190 otherwise probably 200

And if I want to use them as a cobbler top for stews, do I make & bake them first then top the stew towards the end? Or chuck them as raw 'dough' on top of the stew?

Ta very much :eek:

you pop them on top of the stew to cook about 25 mins before the end until golden :D

Thank you so much :) Off to bake now, nomnom! x

Ermintrude, have you seen the sw christmas recipe book, I was drooling, choc truffles, mince pies, xmas puds. I'm going to enjoy xmas sw style! Ok some syns but far less than my normal xmas.

Ooh no I havent, I dont go to class so I dont see all the yumsomeness. Is it worth getting then? Can you get it online?

OMG :eek: Does this mean you are a weegie under Fifa rules??

:rotflmao: @ "under Fifa rules". My mum was born and raised in Clydebank so does that make me an honorary weegie under the aforementioned FIFA rules? or does a dishonourable weegie sound more the go? :p ;)

Its the cous cous cake and fake doritoes all over again...

noooooooooo - not that again!! My poor old heart can't take the strain!

My view, for what it's worth (nothing probably :rotflmao: ) is as some others have said that it's probably not "food abuse" if it's part of your meal and it's effectively still a potato substitute but would be "abuse" if it was an afternoon tea type sconey arrangement.

Back