Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

made these little beauties as a topping for my stew yesterday ..yummy!!... i made seven smallish ones as i halfed the mixture as it was only for me.. i ate 3 of them even though i wanted to eat the lot..they were gorgeous..
am a bit worried now that ive read somwere that the new improved recipe smash now has to be synned..but im not sure how to go about synning it!

Smash, Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, dried, 88g sachet 1
Smash, Smash, Original, New Recipe with Full Cream Milk, made up with water, 100g made up ½
Smash, Smash, Buttery, made up with water, 100g made up Free
Smash, Smash, Original, made up with water, 100g made up Free

So even if you used the whole packet it would be a maximum of 1/8th of a syn each. Dont think you've got anything to worry about :D

without causing smashgate, is the smash not classed as a flour substitute tee hee *covers head and runs*

i use mr mash which i believe is till free then i add some onion granuals i love these i have used them as a topping or a scone in the afternoon and with soup as a bread substitute they are lush and i dont usually gain weight when i have had them so enjoy a little of what you fancy and all that lol

Well I lost 2.5lb this week after smash gate...sticks out tongue!

just made cheese scones and had with vegi sausage and beancasserole...lovely! much nicer than the couscous dumplings i tried before.would be lovely on a stew aswell.

Hiya me again...really want to make cheese scones but living in Italy they sell only nornal cottage cheese..will it be free or have the same taste? Help here I find only half the stuff for recipes.

It won't be free but by the same token it will not be hugely high in syns. You would need to post the details in the syn values section so someone can work out the syns for you.

OMG these scones/dumplings sound amazing! How long do you bake them for and at what temp?
Thank you for sharing!

OMG these scones/dumplings sound amazing! How long do you bake them for and at what temp?
Thank you for sharing!

as the cobbler topping 25 mins ish until golden brown. I should imagine a little less as a normal scone. I've not tried them. I tend to bake them on around 190

you must try them as a cobbler honey with the added syns of cheese mixed in and sprinkled. Its the best comfort food and very filling. my mix made 22 small cobbler toppings as I rolled into balls and flattened so minimal syns and heavenly :D

Back