Chickadee's food diary.

Yeah I have had lots of social events lately but as you've noticed I've tried to be sensible!! I only drink
Water or robinsons sugar free juice! I maybe have a diet coke a few times a month but that's it!!! Arrrrgggggg!! I did pig out tonight by having some kettlechips, vanilla fudge( birthday present!) and a drumstick lollipop lol hardly crimes of the century though!! I went to dimaggios for dinner and had a BBQ chicken dish with rice and side salad. Think I'll have a red week from tomorrow onwards and see how I go :)

Thanks for bday wishes kron and numnum :) x

Well the strangest thing happened this morning....stepped on the scales and weigh less than yesterday by 1/2 lb!! And that was after my birthday meal at Dimaggios, kettlechips,vanilla fudge and drumstick lollypop???!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused: I've come to the conclusion that I may NOT be eating ENOUGH!!!:confused::confused::confused:

So my little experiment this week is to have 15 syns a day!I'm also gonna give red week a go as I had a good 2lb loss the last time I did red. Wish me luck :D Food to follow.....

Goodluck for your red week :) Enjoy the syns too hun. xx

Heehee scales are such fun lol
Good luck on red :)
I am getting a bit bored of salad so made a vat of soup last weekend and have frozen some so have enough to last a couple of weeks
I generally make it with butternut squash, carrots, onions, suede and a bit of curry powder just to give it some heat. I have it for lunch, or just before I go to kb class, and although I have been eating really really badly as I needed to put on a couple of lbs I still struggled to gain so thinking the soup was helpful.

Anyway, off to the pub to have a few cocktails :) and enjoy the odd glimpse of sun
My weekend binge is going really well lol, you don't want to know what I have been eating, but got some frozen soup out and going to experiment to see if it does help

I love soup :) Made a big batch of Superspeed soup last week and it was so yummy(obviously didn't do anything for the weight loss but I enjoyed eating it :))

Well I've just finished a nice healthy lunch of cod with lemon and corriander, cauliflower and green beans. Then my bf brought me in a 'birthday' cupcake from greggs - choco sponge with choco butter icing and white choc sprinkles(droooolllll!!!) Was gonna pass but then remembered my new syn rule!(must check syns for it!) We'll see if I can have my cake and eat it on Friday :)

Kron your day sounds fab, I'm a French Martini girl- love them!!

Well it's sunny in Glasgow today for a change so think I'm gonna go out and enjoy it while it's here :)

Sat -20.08.2011 - RED

Brekkie - 2 eggs scrambled.
57g wm bread - HEXB1
250ML ss milk - HEXA

Lunch - Cod with lemon and fresh corriander
green beans, cauliflower n broccoli.
chocolate cupcake with choc buttercream icing from greggs( have looked online and cals for cupcakes vary dramatically so I'll say 15 to be on the safe side!)

Dinner - SW Chicken Tikka Masala
198g new potatoes with skin - HEXB2
SF veg

snacks - wafer thin chicken slices, pineapple.

total syns - 15

mmmmm choc cup cake :)
Food looks really good, fish is great to eat, I bought some today and plan to have a couple of fish dishes this week as well
Well pub is on hold, a part from big grey clouds, I need to wait in for a friend to borrow a top, so will probably go play with my bell instead :)

Couldn't help but notice your amazing progress pics! Your figure looks sooo different even after just 4lbs! I've lost 8.5lbs altogether and can't really see it I don't think :( (though others tell me different).

How many inches have you lost?

Also, would you say that you are more toned/losing weight more with the kettleworx programme?

Congrats on the great progress :) xxx

Hi Bugs,

Thanks for the lovely comment on my pics :D

It is always harder to notice weight/inch loss on yourself I think so do listen to your friends who have noticed!! I'd suggest taking pics if you feel confident enough!

Since starting the Kettleworx programme I've actually gained 0.75lbs two weeks in a row!! Others, who also follow the programme have advised that a STS or small gain are normal and eventually the weight loss will catch up with the inch loss! So if you're interested in Kettlebells please don't be put off!! I have WITHOUT A DOUBT noticed a big difference in my body shape - as you can see from the pics, I've only lost 4 pounds but my waist and hips are shrinking :D:D This is what the magic power of the bells do!! And i've really only been doing 3 x 20 min sessions a week( sometimes i'll add in an extra session if I can fit it in) It is so much fun and I'm loving it!

I can't tell you how many inches I've lost as I don't have a tape measure but clothes that were tight on me a few weeks ago are now sitting much more comfortably so I know for a fact i'm losing inches :D

I hope that answers your questions and I've noticed you have posted on the kettlebells thread so I'm away to have a read :)

I'm not glad you have gained weight but I am glad I'm not the only one. Hammered the gym the past 2 weeks and started kettlenetics a few times a week. Put on 1/2 last week and on track to do similar this week :( That said I did a week of '20 mins at least exercise a day' for the week before that and lost 3 and a half! Madness

Aww thank you. Don't think me rude, but I just showed my OH your pic too and his reaction was "F**K!" lol he cannot believe you look sooo amazing after just dieting for 3 weeks and using KB for 2 weeks lol. AND to look that great with a 4lb loss. i hope I get that reaction off him when I lose some more weight :p

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering whether, with all this exercise, my scales would be affected. Though I don't think i'd mind if I was dropping the inches still :D

Where did you begin? Did you buy the kettleworx set? What I'm really struggling with it...what weight bell? Lol! I don't have great upperbody strength but i'd hate to buy a small weight and it be too easy straight away. I mean... how do you know?!

Thanks for the help, and I hope you put more pics up after week 4, 5 & 6. You are an inspiration :)

Danni
xx

Aw shucks Danni, tell your OH thanks lol :D

Judging by your stats and profile photo you don't have much to loose so I really think you'll see quick and fab results if you decide to go ahead and get Kettleworx. Your OH will be BLOWN away!!!

I bought my set off Amazon as it had the extra fast abs and fat burn dvds( these are extras to the core, resistance and cardio sessions and I've only done the fast abs a few times) I bought my kettlebell from Argos and I went for 5kg one! I too have rubbish upper body strength(it's getting better) but I figured if I want quick results I'll need to challenge myself. The 5 kg bell is fine for me - some moves I can do comfortably with it and others not( sometimes my arms shake lol) but I just give it my best and it's obviously working!! You can buy a set with a free 5lb bell but honestly I don't think this will push you hard enough. I think most of us are using the 5kg one to start with.

I've posted a reply for you on the Kettleworx thread s I'll keep this one short(ish) and sweet :D

Sparkledpixie - I totally feel your frustration about the numbers creeping up, however we need to put it into perspective that inches are just(if not more) important! We just have to keep the faith that the lbs will catch up with the inches soon!!! That's what I'm telling myself anyways lol I'm trying to drink 3litres of water this week to see if this has an impact. Let's hope I don't spend my whole week running to the loo LOL :)u

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply :) ah okay, there was me thinking to go for a 6lb or 8lb - don't wanna get ahead of myself lol! Ah I've seen that set on amazon... I'm gonna have a look at the other thread and potentially bug you to death on there hehe! Thanks :) xxx

I think I'll have to go around my house tomorrow and starting lifting things that equal that weight lol see what feels better :) xx

bunny, try filling up bottles of water and then either weigh them at home or google the conversion from ml to lbs :) Good luck!

Back