Red Day Chicken Cake (with cheese, sausagemeat and bacon)

OMG, MEATLOAF!!! Well, not really, but it looks enough like meatloaf to get me excited! The meatloaf I used to make is out of the question now as it had a load of full-fat sausagemeat in it, so I shall definitely be giving this one a shot! THANK YOU! :D

Im glad you all like it :)
it is my favourite and always has been.

At Christmas my dad makes a 'Turkey Cake' its much nicer than having plain old Turkey makes it exciting too!

Im going to make this at the weekend. Looks great, fab pics

Went to sainsburys on Wenesday night to get their Be Good To Yourself sausages and was told they dont do them in that store, even though its one of the biggest in NI. Huh! was rippin and they dont sell Heizn chilli bean, thought Shane was going to cry. Tesco's tonight :p

Delicious tried this last night- what a success! I found it hard to eat more than a quarter as it was sooo filling. Boyfriend helped me out tho and ate left overs. Saved one quarter to have at some point today. Already had breakfast and lunch and cooking tea as we speak so its prob going to be a mid afternoon snack. x

OMG!!! this looks so lush!! I am a green day gal but as soon as i can get to morrisons i shall be giving this a go. Maybe on a day my brother and his wife can come for dinner given the other comments. Don't want to end up eating it all to myself even if it is syn free!!!! LOL!!!

Question though.... could you use normal cheddar rather than babybels?

OMG!!! this looks so lush!! I am a green day gal but as soon as i can get to morrisons i shall be giving this a go. Maybe on a day my brother and his wife can come for dinner given the other comments. Don't want to end up eating it all to myself even if it is syn free!!!! LOL!!!

Question though.... could you use normal cheddar rather than babybels?

i dont see why you couldn't use normal cheddar as long as you use it as a HE, then it'll still be a free day!

i would say stick to the babybels as you need enough cheese to cover the dish. I dont think it would work with cheddar.
Plus the babybels stay in the dish whereas normal cheese would probably 'disappear'

Ah... ok then. Havent looked but i assume you can have more babybels than normal cheddar then? Only asked cuz normal cheddar cheaper!! LOL!! Oky dokey chuck-a-doo. Will give it a whirl with the babybels. It still sounds so lush!!!

i only say use morrisons cos they're syn free!
you can use other sausages with syn values but remember you need 8 sausages.
i know there are some half a syn each mayb someone can tell us which ones
x

I am making this tonight!!! I am quite excited about this!! Can't you tell I lead a fascinating life?!!! LOLOL!!!
Will post later to let you know how I get on with it!!!

This looks really nice. On the menu for next week for sure! I have told mother in law too as we both struggle with red day recipes :) - thanks! Also linked this post in Money Saving Expert Slimming World Support thread/ forum

OOOOOOOOHH!!! this was soooo nice!!! Everyone loved it, even my daughter (although she did have to have ketchup with it!!).

I'll give this a go, looks delicious. I normally use WW sausages because other than quorn sausages, they're the only LF ones I can find in my town.

There are no morrisons in northern ireland is there any other kind of sausages that are syn free??

only joes sausages google him...
im sure there're sausages that are only half a syn each if you have half the cake it'll only be 2 syns...
x

i made this the other week and it was very nice indeed, i used to buy a pie in morrisons that tasted just like this but it had pastry. when i make it again i am going to put a thin layer of stuffing under the bacon top, dont know how many syns it would be

Back