Red Day Chicken Cake (with cheese, sausagemeat and bacon)

I have this in the oven for tea tonight!! Excited. Meat cake...

Well i clicked that out of curiosity it sounds bizzarre haha chicken cake...who'da thought it!!
But it looks n sounds lovely!! Defo one to try :D thanks for sharing! xxx

I actually made mine with turkey and I used philly with garlic and herbs cos I love that! It kinda infused the sausage meat and made it cheesy and herby, but it didn't have that gooey cheesyness that proper cheese has. Left a bit of watery cheese round the sides, but I could live with that. Am thinking of variations already... :)

haha watery cheese...yum! :p
Are those morrisons sausages Syn Free??
ive been avoiding sausages thinkin they were rele naughty!! xx

Just wanted to bump this up and say how yummy it is! I make it quite a bit and it's lovely with roasted vegetables that have been sprinkled with Schwartz Mediterranean veg sachet (10g = 1.5 syns - all you need to give a lovely flavour and sooo nice). I also use Joe's sausagemeat which is yummy!

Thanks again for brilliant recipe!

Hi, i made this last night and it was lovely but a bit on the dry side, 2hrs seems a long time for chicken has anyone else tried cooking it for less time? Even saying that it was a really tasty dish.

I never cook mine for 2 hours, when it looks like its done i take it outta the oven. have also tried this useing spicy chicken and chilli sausages and it was lush :)

I only cook mine for 40 mins and it's perfect. Here's a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 332
Aww crap, I'm makin this just now, and it's already been in for an hour and a half...

*runs to take it out*

It was pretty lush actually, I have leftovers for tonight... Think I'll make it again with veg in it tho, cos there is soo much meat, it feels really unhealthy!!

Stacey - I want to have tea at your house, your food always looks lovely.

Do you think this would be nice with flavoured sausage? I have lots of Joes sausages in the freezer, was thinking maybe pork and tomato ones or chilli and garlic ones would be nice? What do those of you who have tried it think? Shall I go 'flavoured' or stick to plain for a first attempt?

Cheers, Jo x

I did one with chilli flavoured saussages and chicken from joes and it was lush. :)

OK well I made this last night with Joes pork and tomato sausages (syn free) and it was bloomin fab!!

I've even had some cold for brekki this morning .... yummo.

I was thinking of maybe doing a cheese sauce to go with it too next time. mmmmmm

defo gonna have to try this it looks divine, and my hubby is a meat freak so he will eat it with me. Just gonna have to go to Morrisons now, have to find out where it is as its bout hr and half walk from here (no car!!)

Back