Red Day Chicken Cake (with cheese, sausagemeat and bacon)

We had this the other day, but used Tesco's sausages, which were 1 syn each. And it was lovely. You could do so much, add a layer of sliced tomatoes before you add the 2nd row of chicken, or a layer of stuffing (for syns obviously). I didn't think I'd like it, but we had 1/4 each and some veg and it was lovely. Definately going to be done again in our house.

Ooh it's in the oven as I type! Mmm so looking forward to it :drool: x

Had to Rep you for this recipe! I absolutely LOVED it!!! Thank You xx

rrr im no longer doing the SW diet, but am over the moon you all enjoyed my recipe! Its always been a favourite and we're even having it today lol.
Hope this recipe will be a fav of many more mini's

xxx

Have got this in the oven as i type, can't wait to try it. Havent been very meticulous over cutting all the fat off the bacon though, but its not going to make much difference considering the binge i had this week and last :p

I absolutely love this recipe. The good thing is the whole family enjoy it, too. Our SW consultant told us about this a few weeks ago and once I've found the recipe on here, that was it....!!! Had it a few times now. Very nice with jacket potato and beans!:)

That looks delicious a definate must try mmmmmmm

Been meaning to make this since I joined and have all the ingredients in the house, so think I will be making it for dinnert tonight - cant wait as Ive heard so many good things about it!

I'm going to cook this today - am hoping it's be plenty for today and tomorrow dinner for two people, but sounds like there will be from posts.
May well do Turkey version, one because I'm economising / tight, and two, because if it's yummy I may well do it for xmas day. (Lots easier than doing turkey, stuffing, and sausages with bacon. This way it'll be all in one.

I'm going to serve it with roasted cauliflower and roasted new potatoes, steamed brussel sprouts and carrots. Mmmm. No yorkshires because can only get WW sausages and got to syn those.

OMG - this was lovely!
We had half of it yesterday, and the other half cold today, which I think was even more scrummy. Today I used the left over cabbage, carrots and roasted cauliflower chopped up to stir into a cooked up batchelors pack of macaroni cheese (made with water and no milk) which I sprinkled a little grated half fat cheddar on top and sprayed with frylight before putting under the grill. Mmmm.

This Chicken Cake is so yummy !!!

My dad has been making this for years for all the family... today i adapted the recipe to make it slimming world friendly.
It turned out gorgeous, it was a real treat i had it with some roasted vegetables but you can really put whatever you want with it! Took some pic's of it too hope you like!!

Whole thing is free + hex a

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 babybel lights
6 rashes of bacon

Method
1- spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proofdish
2-slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- remove the skin from the sausages (i just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-break the sausagemeat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-slice the babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausagemeat.
6-using a potatoe masher push the cheese into the sausagemeat.
7-slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausagemeat.
8-top with the bacon
9-cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-half hour b4 cooked remove the tin foil. You will have water from the chicken pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 mins.

Enjoy...
here's some pic's

View attachment 3858

View attachment 3859

View attachment 3860

View attachment 3861

View attachment 3862

I just have to say this will be a new family favourite. I cooked it last night then we had it cold tonight, with salad, pickles and new potatoes. I have been struggling the last few days but this recipe has helped me back on the straight and narrow.

If you have not tried it please do.

Ohh I have to try this. I normally get the Morrisons suasages instead of Joes due to the bulk ordering etc, but a word of warning, the Morrisons ones are now syned at 1/2 syn each. Still worth 4 syns for the whole thing!

I think some herby roasted potatoes and veg would go down really nice :)

Back