Red Day Chicken Cake (with cheese, sausagemeat and bacon)

Laurie

MM addict
My dad has been making this for years for all the family... today i adapted the recipe to make it slimming world friendly.
It turned out gorgeous, it was a real treat i had it with some roasted vegetables but you can really put whatever you want with it! Took some pic's of it too hope you like!!

Whole thing is free + hex a

Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
8 morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 babybel lights
6 rashes of bacon

Method
1- spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proofdish
2-slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- remove the skin from the sausages (i just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-break the sausagemeat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-slice the babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausagemeat.
6-using a potatoe masher push the cheese into the sausagemeat.
7-slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausagemeat.
8-top with the bacon
9-cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-half hour b4 cooked remove the tin foil. You will have water from the chicken pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 mins.

Enjoy...
here's some pic's

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

mmmmmmm - looks absolutely yum !

Debz xxx

Wow! This looks so delish! :D I usually do Green Days, but I think I'll be having a Red Day soon - just for this! :D thanks for the recipe! :)

It's worth it Stacey i even had a another little slice of it last night.
I have it tonight too , cold though! Its just as good cold honestly.
xx

Right Im gna make this too!

Who knows when but I will make this week at some point when I have a few hours to let it cook!

Mmmm I need to make this....that's tomorrows tea sorted, although do you think it would work with laughing cow triangles rather than babybel? Daft question most probably.

i was in sainsburys after work today with the sausages, but looked at the queues and they were massive, so i'll try again tomorrow.

i should really read recipes fully before i decide to do them. Just put all the ingredients together, then noticed it takes 2 hours. Thats me just put it in for my tea tonight. I"m starvin!!!!!

Edit - after all my waiting (an hour and a half), it was very yummy. Still got a huge bit left.
Thanks for the recipe. xx

Last edited:
I had this last night, really enjoyed it, am having again tonight as there was loads left over. Thanks for the recipe.

Oooo Laurie!!! This looks wonderful!!!!

Definitely trying this one out! Looks like a giant sandwich/burger without the bread!

just had the other bit for my tea tonight, with brocolli, cauliflower and courgettes, was yummy!!!!
Thanks again. xx

This was yummy but my oven is too powerful, me thinks, as I overcooked it! But I will know for next time to reduce cooking time and/or temp. It was sooo yummy and I had it with a ginormous plate of roasted veg. Will def def def be making again. It was hard to cut it into quarters and only have a quarter rather than half! (But I had to keep telling myself that it would be equivalent to me eating 2 chicken breasts, 4 sausages and half a pack of bacon all in one go so I managed to rein myself in!)

Back