CHICKEN LIVERS

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Has anyone tried or used these. Asda sell little pots of them in the freezer section and I nearly bought them but realised I needed to check the book again, I see I can have them but not sure about the taste.

I like normal pigs liver, is it a similar taste maybe....hopefully ;)

Oh man I ADORE chicken livers :D

They are sweeter and softer than pigs liver (second only to calves liver) - try them, you'll love them :D

Duck liver is great too, but you don't see it often.

P xxx

PS - sorry, a bit too much enthusiasm there!! ;)

Oh I LOVE chickens livers, if you like pigs you will love them. My fave way of eating them are lightly fried with onions and fresh parsley on a bran galette. Delicious, quick and very very good for you.
The pate is amazing as well with the crispbread from the recipe section.

Oh my you lot have sold me....its going on my shopping list. Now to find the crispbread recipe and one for pate. LOL.

thank you all so much xxx

How do you make pate with them?! I'd be all over that!!

Sautee some onions then add the livers and some garlic, add salt pepper and a tbs pf brandy once the brandy has reduced and the livers are fully cooked add to a proccessor add some quark and blitz till smooth. Chill and enjoy xx

Is the brandy essential?! Just thinking I'd have to specifically buy it for this. But I'd looooove pate on Dukan toast, it'd be such a treat! X

I make chicken liver pate, loads (mainly pre-diet) and you can use, a bit of red wine, or even sherry....it just gives it a little something, so no worries if no brandy......xxxx

You have no idea how excited I am!! How long do u cook it? And where in the supermarket are they? Just in with fresh meats?! This will ve my "treat" tonight, everything crossed that the impending "weigh in of doom" goes well (oh so positive, not!) x

I buy the frozen ones, very cheap way ofdoing it. Xx

I love pate but I think I would be in danger of a swig or two from the brandy/wine bottle...sherry could work...I have some pale sherry for cooking that tastes so awful to drink...bluerghh!!

You have no idea how excited I am!! How long do u cook it? And where in the supermarket are they? Just in with fresh meats?! This will ve my "treat" tonight, everything crossed that the impending "weigh in of doom" goes well (oh so positive, not!) x

I found them in Asda freezers. Go to where they sell the chicken portions. They were in a small tub, like a coleslaw tub. And only 50p. i think it might even have said Smart Price on the tub,not sure.

Recipe sounds gorgeous, are we allowed to use the wine/sherry etc on Cruise?

Thank you! Any tips on how long I cook it for/ how I know it's done are welcomed! X

yummmm! can't wait to try this. i used to love making chicken liver pate, but wasn't sure there was a dukan version available. and i guess if not on the galettes, i can use them to spread on veggie sticks on PV days.

I also use them to enrich a bolognese. It really does make a huge difference. I'm thinking I could add this in to my food list if just made with extra lean mince or turkey mince. Something to look forward to this week.

You can add a teaspoon of mustard to the pate if you dont want to use booze. And to know when they are done simply cut one liver in half and check it, if a bit red give it a few more seconds. Whatever you do do not season during cooking as salt will make your livers tough, add any seasoning after the cooking.

Ah thank you Passionflower, I didn't know that. Will be buying some next week so will let you all know how I get on.

I bought some...could only find frozen and they recommend 4 hours to defrost :( so that's until 2145 :( hoping I can ve bothered to make it then, had planned it as my tea!! X

Back