Chili con carni, choc cereal shake and vanilla cereal shake - new

how do you order the banana fudge bars? they sound yummy

Not sure if they're up yet. Maybe coming in in the next week or so? I know when I ordered the tomato soup wasn't in yet.

S&S used to sell the banana fudge bar but I know that they had a big sale of them in Nov last year when they were going out of date. Some people on here bought 50 or more at the time as they were cheap. The banana bar was my favourite at the time but I never got round to putting in a big order of the short dated ones and regretted it at the time. However, I still have a few left but can barely bring myself to eat them now as I'm totally over them. Some of the people who bought 50 were sick to the back teeth of them :).

I think the moral of the story is not to expect to love the same thing throughout this diet because your tastes do change and some things that you love to start with might be things you don't much like after a while. And just because you didn't like something to start with it's worth giving it another go after a while because often it's nicer the second time around. I didn't like the porridge on the first try but I like it now, especially with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled into it. On the other hand I didn't much like the cottage pie to start with and I still don't :).

They were banana duo not banana fudge.

They were banana duo not banana fudge.

On the old list I have from last year (same list as here):

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-values/Full-VLCD-Programme.pdf

they are listed as banana fudge and 146 calories so must be the same? I think they were called Banana Duo on the site. Someone should ask Rob I guess. Maybe he is due more in? The maple, fruit and almond was also on sale back then but seems to have gone out of stock too.

The tomato soup must be different though as the old soup was a. rank (I don't think anyone liked it) and b. 155 calories so hopefully a nicer tomato soup is on its way :).

Lol Darcy, I suppose it's spicy if you're not used to spicy food. The spag bol is much the same. Opinions seems range from "it burnt my mouth off" to "it's nowhere near spicy enough I had to add extra spices" and everything in between. I'm not a lover of really hot things (think tikka masala rather than madras) but I find the spice level just about right for me. The cottage pie is just about the blandest thing you can imagine! I usually end up adding a load of curry powder to it when I have it (which is not often!).

I can't eat the cottage pie at all without the allowed veggies. It just doesn't do it for me at all. Mixing some broccoli or something in with it hides the taste a little for me ;). I still have a few but not sure whether I will be including them on the home straight unless I get desperate :)

I was sent samples of the spag Bol and cottage pie which I tried before I ordered!! The spag Bol was lush and didn't seem too spicy, just right infact!! & the cottage pie was lovely too, it felt very homely - if that makes sense!!!

I think I am just basking in the fact that I can actualy eat something out of liquid form!! CD was our shakes and soups for me so anything more is an utter bonus!!!

Although, remind me of this 5 weeks down the line when taste buds change and I can stomach anything but a shake!!

Darcy
X

Back