Chocolate Pudding

hollys nan said:
So sad!!!!!!!!!! THE CHOCOLATE PUD WE ALL LOVE IS ACTUALLY 11 SYNS JUST FOR THE TOFU!!! My c text us all tonight and apparently when you mix tofu up and it changes from its original form it becomes high in syns! Gutted, just thought everyone should know. Perhaps I will have a better loss next week.

I have just rang the syns hotline and talked to them about it they was really nice about it and said the tofu is still free even though we are blending it!! as it's so little calories per portion xxxx panic over everyone we can still enjoy it for only 2 syns xxxx

Well thats strange. I dont know how our consultant found out this info but she texted us all last night! Interesting that the syns hotline contradicted this!!! Hmmmm I will ask her about it when I see her Monday to see where she got her info from. She said the receipe itself just for the tofu came out at 11 syns before we added the cocoa. Thanks so much for your info piplatts,I will hold fire till I have spoken to her on Monday. She is so nice and helpful and she enjoyed it as much as anyone else!!! Will post her reply on Monday.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

hollys nan said:
Well thats strange. I dont know how our consultant found out this info but she texted us all last night! Interesting that the syns hotline contradicted this!!! Hmmmm I will ask her about it when I see her Monday to see where she got her info from. She said the receipe itself just for the tofu came out at 11 syns before we added the cocoa. Thanks so much for your info piplatts,I will hold fire till I have spoken to her on Monday. She is so nice and helpful and she enjoyed it as much as anyone else!!! Will post her reply on Monday.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes please do it will be interesting just to see, as like I said the people at the syns hotline seemed to think it was fine and she put me on hold to check with someone else too!! They was very helpful fingers crossed it will be ok!! (well I hope so) x

Oh so do I piplatts! I felt suicidal last night thinking I cant have my choc puds!!! Really put me in a foul mood! I so needed chocolate last night, but the options sorted me out. Must be some sort of drug in it I think.

This sounds amazing! I'll wait until Monday to see where hollysnan's c for her info from before I make it but I'm drooling at the thought. The chocolate orange one sounds like a bowl of heaven! x x

Well was thinking of making this pud tonight as I am craving choc and have just rung the syns hotline to see if they told me the same thing as piplatts, and they said it would be syned as it is changing the structure of it. She couldnt tell me what they would be, but it certainly would not be free!! So I will just wait and see my c on Monday, so confused!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

hollys nan said:
Well was thinking of making this pud tonight as I am craving choc and have just rung the syns hotline to see if they told me the same thing as piplatts, and they said it would be syned as it is changing the structure of it. She couldnt tell me what they would be, but it certainly would not be free!! So I will just wait and see my c on Monday, so confused!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Omg so back to square 1 then!!! Who was it u spoke to?? I spoke to a woman called sue!!
The way I see it is as long as your not overindulging in it and not having it every day then as a treat it's fine xx

That is exactly the way I am thinking. Even if it works out at 3.5 syns per portion (4 servings) you could still have at least 2 a night ha ha. But its like a child being given a load of sweets, then taking them of them isnt it??? Or even 3 if you are going the full hog on your syn allowance! It is a bit annoying though that they are giving differing advice to people! Oh well, made some with quark instead of tofu.... thought I would try it. Its sat in my fridge atm, but to be honest its a bit rank, tastes too sour even though I put loads of sweetener in! Dont think I will be eating it, but you have to try these things dont you.

Will let you know how things are on Monday, and the dreaded W I. We are having a taster day, mmmmmmmmmmm my c is so good and commited to her job. Have good weekend everyone, think slim!:D

while waiting to see how many syns this is (please be low please be low) had to satisfy myself with a quark/fromage frais/options mint/sweetener combo with a choc and mint hi-fi bar crumbled on top lol

Surely it cant be syned just because u blend it??? The carb, cal's & other stuff looking at it is lower than quark and thats free LOL i know its RANK but still if its lower its gotta be free RIGHT?? i blooming hope so x

I made this tonight desperately hoping to love it.....but :sigh::sigh::sigh: I hated it!! Gutted!!
I am so totally confused now!! :confused: I thought I had got my head around the diet and how it all worked but if 3 SW professionals each say very different things what hope have I got??! I find the concept of blending foods, causing change very confusing and as a beginner feel a bit scared to create anything now. Sorry to sound so dramatic!! lol

furrystomper said:
Surely it cant be syned just because u blend it??? The carb, cal's & other stuff looking at it is lower than quark and thats free LOL i know its RANK but still if its lower its gotta be free RIGHT?? i blooming hope so x

That's what i think too, and what the lady I spoke to said at the syns helpline said but let's wait and see x
I will still have it at the higher syn value though coz I don't have that much of it at a time anyway !! X

I think it is the same argument as blended fruit. That in the form of a chocolate pudding it will be easy to over consume. Eating the tofu as a savoury dish it would be taken as a main meal with superfree foods to ensure you do not overeat. I haven't tried it but I imagine it might be possible the eat the whole block in pudding form without too much difficulty.

Well thats what she told me on the syns hotline! She said if you blend it it changes, a bit like flour in a cake. I explained I didnt make a cake but she said it didnt matter, it is like rice is free but if you ground it it would become syns, likewise again with fruit and fruit juice. Personally I cant get my head round this concept at all, doesnt quite make sense to me, but I will still be making it for a treat sometimes. To my way of thinking so long as you dont have too much why would it suddenly be syned. Oh well, the confusion goes on!

Back