Chocolate Pudding

That is what I am confused about as well. The only other thing I can think of is that quark is diary, and tofu is beancurd. Perhaps its the "bean" bit thats the problem.

I imagine it might be possible the eat the whole block in pudding form without too much difficulty.

There is no way on earth i would manage the whole bowl of pudding LOL made into just 2 portions once and i couldnt manage it all and i felt really sick after :yuk:

I've never understood this whole blending pureeing thing!!

Ok so for example if you blend/puree a banana it makes it more sins right??

So what the hell does chewing do?? is that not the same thing??

or am i just being a thicko??

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hilly said:
I've never understood this whole blending pureeing thing!!

Ok so for example if you blend/puree a banana it makes it more sins right??

So what the hell does chewing do?? is that not the same thing??

or am i just being a thicko??

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Had this EXACT conversation with my Mum yesterday - if I mash a banana on some toast, how is that different to me slicing a banana on some toast and then 'mashing' it together through chewing in my mouth??

As far as I can see that's the same the thing!! x

Yes I agree with you! All a bit odd isnt it. Think its more to do with over consumption than it changing calories, as the syns hotline said you could over consume a pudding but could probably not eat a full block of tofu. Surely though if you separate it into 4 servings and only had one then it would be fine. I will ask my c tomorrow anyway. Perhaps someone else would like to ring the syns hotline and see what they say to them. That would be interesting!

I think it's just to help us control portions! For example we would probably stop at 3 or 4 oranges eaten whole, but squeeze 10 into a glass and that wouldn't be too difficult to drink down at all!! I think it's often a case of using a bit of common sense! I wouldn't have any qualms at all about mashing up a banana on a slice of toast and not synning it if it was part of a proper meal!X

Exactly! It is far easier to over-consume blended fruit than whole fruit and so take in more calories. SW are just trying to protect your calorie intake but saying you need to syn it.

Went to W I today and my c told me that she also goes to another group as a slimmer and the nutritionalist there told her it should be synned. Still dont understand it, dont think I ever will. We all thought it was beyond us really, I do get the fruit juice bit but I still am confused about having a quarter of the tofu in its original state - free- a quarter of the tofu blended - synned. Still the same amount of tofu?????? Oh well as circes says we will never get to the bottom of it. My c herself said she will continue to make it, just not so often. I will too, its too nice to just dismiss. My weekend treat I think.:confused::confused::confused:

By the way she said 11 syns just for the tofu for the total mixture, plus the syns for the cocoa, comes in at around 3.5 - 4 syns per portion, depending on which cocoa you use.

Well yet another person phoned the hotline and was told it was free so perhaps go with that rather than this un-named nutritionalist at the other class. What relation is she/he to SW and speaking on what authority?

I have just phoned syns hotline ladys and the lady says its free.... Well 4 syns for the cocoa LOL but tofu is defo FREE FREE FREE :D

Well I am now of the conclusion that I will have a little and if my weight loss is OK then try a little bit more oink oink and see how that goes. Thanks for trying the syn hotline, think they need to be singing from the same hymn sheet!:confused:

Just made this choco-orange style for taster at group today.

I doubled the tofu, used 6 tbsp of cocoa, 3/4 cup of sweetener, 2 tsp of orange extract and 1 tsp of vanilla and it tastes bloody lovely. Didn't need the extra cocoa at all, even asked my flatmate to taste and tell me so herself!

I won't be synning the tofu. Considering SW says you can make puddings and cakes using lots of quark and ridiculous amounts of eggs I just don't see how blending the tofu can be any worse. This is one of the only decent vegan pudding options I've been able to make on this diet...and it's gonna be low syn dammit!

:eatdrink023::eatdrink023::eatdrink023:Good on yer girl!! I dont understand it at all to be honest. Made a quark cheesecake today and the only syns in that is the options chocolate, now you have to mix that, like all the from frais and cottage cheese puds but they are free! It just doesnt make sense at all. Yes I can understand the overeating part but if your only eating the same amount how can it then be synned!! As I said before, I will still make it as it is really gorg, but just experiment and see how my weight loss goes.

Well I am now of the conclusion that I will have a little and if my weight loss is OK then try a little bit more oink oink and see how that goes. Thanks for trying the syn hotline, think they need to be singing from the same hymn sheet!:confused:

I think it is because the syns hotline is kind of like a customer service call centre, so is down to the personal opinion of the person you get on the phone, hence the varying information.

In reality though, yes it definately should be all the same advice given out, as it only adds to confusion otherwise. I think the only way to get a 100% definate answer is by speaking to head office.

I think it's just to help us control portions! For example we would probably stop at 3 or 4 oranges eaten whole, but squeeze 10 into a glass and that wouldn't be too difficult to drink down at all!! I think it's often a case of using a bit of common sense! I wouldn't have any qualms at all about mashing up a banana on a slice of toast and not synning it if it was part of a proper meal!X

I agree and I do exactly that - but my aunty had written that she had 1x banana mashed on toast on her food diary and her c pulled her up on it in front of the group and said it changes the syn content. I think that's total cr*p and so did my aunt (and apparently told the c that, politely of course!) but it's just a case of the sw c's maybe just making up the facts, just be honest with us...you don't want us to mash it coz we'll eat more and mess up the plan. don't tell us it 'changes the syns' coz that makes no sense!

I'm with you on this definitely!

Have got my tofu, just need to get the chocolate. Can't wait! x

indiebabe said:
I agree and I do exactly that - but my aunty had written that she had 1x banana mashed on toast on her food diary and her c pulled her up on it in front of the group and said it changes the syn content. I think that's total cr*p and so did my aunt (and apparently told the c that, politely of course!) but it's just a case of the sw c's maybe just making up the facts, just be honest with us...you don't want us to mash it coz we'll eat more and mess up the plan. don't tell us it 'changes the syns' coz that makes no sense!

Especially if it was 1 banana mashed on toast, that's not over eating, because from what I understand the syn value came into it when you eat something as you wouldn't, ie 8 oranges in a glass of juice is excessive and you wouldn't eat that many but you would eat one banana!

Back