Claire Bear's shrinking mission

We're flying into Canvun and renting a car and travelling around, staying in playa del carmen, Chichen itza, merida then tulum.

cant waaaaaait!!

Have hooked economy plus seats with BA as been so preoccupied about fitting into airline seats these last few years, but now I really am not worried - haven't been able to feel this way since forever!!!

Btrilliant! :D Have fingers crossed for you hun! You're so determined and in the right head space that you can do it! :) x

Ooooh it sounds like a wonderful trip!!! :) Economy Plus is supposed to be fabulous, lots more leg room, etc - and it's a long flight to be squashed and uncomfortable (I flew to Auckland and back in August and it was c**p!).

Yeah, hope so.
we travel quite a bit (both early 30s, no kids!!) and I've been getting increasingly angst about plane seats. Been needing to request seat belt extenders for the last 10 years or so, and can pretty much deal with that confidently now, just hate encroaching over into my neighbours seat, so got into the habit of avidly looking up seat layouts so the two of us can squish in together without being next to anyone, or insisting on economy plus for the longer haul flights.
Its a dream to think one day this might not even be an issue for me...

I KNOW!!! flipping bright orange, next to dark blue seat belt. Hate it :)

Every time I fly in the future and I don't need one, I'll spend the whole flight smiling :) :)

That's my aim too - I've just booked a trip back to my favourite Abruzzo in April and am hoping I won't need one then - but we shall see :)

i hate them bloody trolly birds i say it quiet then she shout extension belt here please swine

I've never been on holiday/a plane - I didn't know it was that bad :( *hugs all round!* Here's to not needing them very very soon! :)

Claire - have you tried the Asda version of slimfast? I've only tried the banananannaa one so far and OMGit's gorgeous! IMO it's even tastier than slimfast - really lovely and thick! Could have it as a proper milkshake IMO! :)

I flew to the U.S. when I was the weight you are now and didn't need an extender so look forward to having a very big well deserved smile on your face :D.

thanks for the suggestion PSP, will def give them a go!

Thank Angel, heres hoping. I do a lot of travelling and find long haul flights aren't as bad as some of the European ones. BA seats are prob the smallest I've found.

having a good week sticking on plan. Had sneaky peek on the scales this evening, and think I'm on track for a loss this week. My official weigh in on Saturday, so will update properly then. I think my indulgence over xmas has helped the weight loss go a bit faster now!!!

glad your having a good week bigbear x x x

Fingers crossed for your WI tomorrow x

fingers cross for w.i in lovely x

Thanks guys. !! Not so satisfactory - scales a bit unreliable this morning, maybe they don't like the cold weather??!?
either STS or 1lb loss - which is different from what it was showing mid week!!!

Ive not being keeping up with fluid intake at all this week, so def going to get back onto that this week.
TOTM is approaching, so I think that's the main culprit with holding on to some water.
also, think I am a but constipated *blush* !! So will try and sort that this weekend !!!

all in all, I'll log a 1lb loss. I hope I can catch up with a few more pounds next week,
either that or my indulgent xmas is catching up with me!!! Have been bang on plan for two weeks now though, so all will even out in the end...

Sounds like a good call hun - and well done despite the looming totm and blockage :)

Get that water down you, and spinach, lots and lots of spinach! :)

Last edited:
Back