Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Glad you enjoyed Cornwall Claire, Its nice to go somewhere out of season and get a totally different vibe, bracing walks along the coast are so invigorating and great for cal burning.
Your room sounds bright and zingy, in fact everything about you sounds bright and zingy right now :) !
Dying stuff is fab gives it a whole new lease of life, beware the dreaded synthetic thread though, I dyed a coral coat a deep rich navy, looked fab til the seems were dry and sadly glaringly undyed peach coloured grrrrr !
Have a good one

Haha, sounds like dyeing might be a bit of a roulette.. Makes it a bit more exciting! Think the best idea is to dye something you're not going to be too upset about it if doesn't come out as planned I guess!

Aching ALL over today, especially in my legs. Aargh!! Went on an IKEA trip with my boyfriend today, bought a new desk for the study. So far I've got grey walls, am going to paint shelves white, the sofa is now dark navy and the carpet is a mustardy yellow. Have bought some wooden magazine files which I might paint bright colours to bring a bit of colour into the room. Need to buy some cushions for the sofa, currently thinking mustardy yellow or geometric patterns in white/navy.

On the downside, I succumbed to IKEA meatballs... And the cheesecake afterwards... YUM.. I'm still technically on holiday.. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)

I've heard so much about IKEA meatballs, but have never been to an IKEA. They're going to have to be on my 'try one day' list!

Just like little sausage balls !! They serve with mash and a creamy gravy sauce... Nothing fancy, but totally delicious on a cold day !! :)

Managed to get the base coat of white onto the shelves. Then made a tomato soup - although it actually has loo ads of other veg in it - onions, leeks, squash, celeriac, carrots, celery !!! Also got red lentils in so nice and mushy :)

Just watching episode 2 of war and peace. Trying to get into it, almost there... Then more painting this afternoon :)

Hi again, just read through your diary although I did keep up with it before minis closed. U really are doing amazing I bet u feel great!
I admire how determined u are and not just after a quick fix.
Also well done on keeping to your cal limit, I just can't do that at all! As soon as I know my cals are restricted I eat and eat like iv never ate before that's just my all or nothing mentality I think xx

Thanks Kayleigh. For some reason today I have a demon appetite!! Trying to keep it at bay with fruit and low cal snacks, but I'm just peckish!! It's so much worse being at home during the day, hopefully when I'm back at work next week I will be back in the swing of things :)

I could eat a bowl of that soup right now Claire. Lentil and tomato yum.
I havent been hooked by war and Peace which is surprising at its just the sort of thing I love. Am still loving Call the Midwife though :)

i was like that yesterday but ok today x x x

Better today. Managed three coats of gloss on the shelving unit, and I think that's about all I have to do for the decorating - my boyfriend will put together the new furniture at the weekend.

Not a bad day today food wise, although I definitely eat more when I am at home... It's just so nice to cuddle up on the sofa and eat yummy stuff!!

B p: blueberries, area yoghurt and rude health granola
L: homemade tomato soup and Jacobs cream crackers
D coq au vin (hairy dieters recipe), mash and peas
S: banana and 2 clementines

Hope you have a good, chill Friday after all that decorating! Food sounds delicious, wish I was that much of a domestic goddess.

Had a nice day, but a bit of a foodie fail - succumbed to an Indian takeaway tonight!

Thanks amneris - I'm a huge fan of the Maury biker dieters book, I've got all 3. Their recipes are really easy to follow, plus they Are really tasty and the portions are decent despite being low cal

Spent the morning cleaning, then randomly an old school friend who I've not seen for about three years phoned to say he was in my village! So he came round for a cup of tea and we had a lovely catch up.

Having a good spring clean. Feels good to get rid of all that dust and grime :) am not normally much of a cleaner, so when I do it's a bit of a blitz clean. Means that it's quite a striking difference once I'm done though!

B: chocolate belvita biscuits
L: hairy dieters American blueberry pancakes, 1 tbsp maple syrup
D: Indian takeaway (doh!)
S: banana, 2 clementines

Haha, sounds like dyeing might be a bit of a roulette.. Makes it a bit more exciting! Think the best idea is to dye something you're not going to be too upset about it if doesn't come out as planned I guess!
If you can get a little sample of the fabric from a hem or something that won't be missed if you snip it off, you can easily find out whether it's synthetic (and won't take the dye well) by setting it on fire! Natural fibres burn and leave ash. Poly blends leave a melty mess. :)

Your food always sounds so good, Claire!

Good tip GSP thanks :)

Few pics from my cooking this week:

Coq au vin!
image.jpeg

Pancakes :)
image.jpeg

Haha
I've not tried buckwheat - these pancakes are made from plain old flour, but mixed with whipped up egg whites and quark. Blueberries add a nice burst of juiciness too :)

Omg for some reason I read them as buckwheat pancakes not blueberry! That will teach me to read minis while I'm falling asleep! They look amazing though, I might have to get myself a hairy dieters book. Most of the time I only cook for myself, though, and i get bored of leftovers quite fast which is why I never usually do proper recipes, I just eat random bits.

Hope you have a lovely saturday x

I wondered why you were asking about buckwheat!, :) lol

Had a peek in the scales this morning and had a nasty shock - not recording it cos it'll be high from water weight, the Indian takeaway and I think I'm I updating so HOPING lots of water weight to come off...

B: belvita biscuits
L: slimfast choc peanut meal bar
D: hairy dieters lamb chops and roasted veg
S: hot chocolate (options), banana, 2 clementines

Spent an hour shopping in to max, bought a few lovely tops (WHOO hoooooo I can shop in TK Max now), a basket and a few things for the sitting room. I blooming love that shop! Went and got the food shopping done in Sainsburys too.

One more day of holiday left, just going to have a quiet one tomorrow I think, maybe do some more cleaning

Busy day at home, finishing off the spring clean. I bought a stem vac last month, and it's quite addictive once you get going!!!! Also putting together desk for the study. Just need to do the drawers and it's done :)

Been v v good today - being busy really help. So far have only had belvita biscuits for breakfast and then a slimfast meal bar for lunch. Just had a mango for afternoon snack (mmmmmm) and will cook roast dinner tonight. Git roast beef, will only have 1 roast potato and pile the rest of my plate with veg - cabbage, broccoli and asparagus. Cover in bistro gravy and a few turns of black pepper. Delish!!!! :)

Back