Claire's Food Diary

Hiya

Your doing so well, keep up the good work!!

I've not been up to much, my wee girl was in Florida with my parents and came back last weekend, so i've been off work all week spending time with her..but the weathers been rubbish so been in all the time...pretty bored really, which doesn't help with eating.

Your doing great with your food, i've nver counted fat before, but it looks pretty easy, I used xenical a couple of years ago, infact i've still got a months supply in my cupboard. I dunno how you can have 2 squares of chocolate!! lol that would drive me insane...ive decided to stop all chocolate coz one bit is never enough!!

:)

I'm with you littlemiss, I can't just eat 2 squares I have to eat the whole lot, pretty impressive stuff claire.
HOpe you continue to do well :)
Best wishes.

lol, i would be the same if i had a whole bar but i just took 2 squares of my little uns chocolate! i have no restarint with goodies! but thanks ladies!

yesterday i was fairly good but had a planned blip cos my aunt is over from france and we went for early dinner of spanish tapas - was sooooo good but i think ill pay for it today, eek! but hey, everything in moderation and we all deserve a treat now n again!

so -

breakfast - special k bliss and 1% milk - 4g fat
lunch - 1/2 bagel with leerdammer light and fat stripped parma ham and hadful of crisps - 3.5g fat for the 1/2 bagel and 5g estimate for crisps
dinner - tapas - estimate 3,000,003 g fat :) and worth every bit :p

went in the gym yesterday morning too and burned off 500 cals :)

so todays plan is -

breakfast - 4x scotch pancake with lurpack light - 11g fat (ish)
lunch - 6 inch subway bread with leerdammer light and reggae reggae sauce - 13g fat
dinner - low fat ready meal curry - 7.5g fat

all in ll not the healthiest of days but im staying within my limits and not adding anything else in - well might have a mini milk ice lolly but dunno!!

xcx

I went shopping in tesco yesterday and was looking at the chocolate bars. Thats all i did though. I was checking all the nutritional info and they were all like 500 cals for a small bar. I thought to myself that i could just have a couple of squares every few days but then did a reality check and knew that that wasn't gonna happen! So carried on walking and bought some apples. LOL

well done slim lol! i like gettinng to the point where you realise you can NEVER buy multipacks or hare sizes ever again lol! xxx

am pleased with myself today :) followed my plan v well but have had slimfast pretzls after dinner - but i figure my inner was 7.5 g fat and theyre 2g so its still a normal amount of fat for a meal and the cals stayed in limit too!!

having a v weird day though in other ways.
me and my boyfriend of 9 years split up like 8 months ago. recently we've been like sleeping together and hanging out alot , even aside from the time hes here with the kids, and weve both been talking about wanting to be back together. i lay it down to him today and told him i want us to either make a go of it or stop messing about like this cos its stopping anyone being able to move on. hes at work now but coming up after, i really really hope he decides he wants to do this, i really want to try again. he hasnt always been the best boyfriend but i just cant help but miss him and think that 8 months apart seems to have changed me alot so it might have changed him too. aaargh, tis a pain cos im hanging! i just dont know what we're gunna decide and im soooooooo wound up waiting to see him!!!

ah well, we shall see!

xcx

oh god i know, thank you slim, i just have no idea where we stand at the moment!! damn chefs that work till 10pm!!!!

Hiya

Well done your doing great.

Not had a subway for years, craving one now after reading that...just as well its late and i'm skint!

I've not been too bad recently, as i've not allowed stuff to be in the house, like chocolate and crisps ect.

I'm going to a physio just now and i've got exercises to do for that, and i'm gonna do my exercise bike, about 20min a night, as of tomorrow, and i'm also gonna get back to calorie counting...booked a holiday for May so need to get slim for the ole swimming costume.

I hope it all works out for you with your man. I remember you telling me about it all a few months ago. Your right, sometimes it does change people to have some time apart, and the good thing is that you know the warning signs to look out for. I'm sure it will work out fine. Let us know how you get on!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heya, well done for doing everything so well.
I hope that it went ok with your man.

hey all. well last night ended badly :( he decided that he doesnt want to risk us not working again so we arent going to give it a go :( it makes me so mad cos it was all his behaviour that broke us up and there i was running back, i feel like any dignity i had is gone and now he knows i want him which seems a shi**y siuation to be in grrrr.
anyways on the food front ive been a bit bad today but figured i wouldnt be great cos i was at the hospital with my little un and i can never be good in there, no idea why, maybe emotions but most likely boredom!

so i had -

bfast - special k and milk - 5g fat
lunch - (eek!) 1/2 portion canteen mac cheese and chips (estimate) 25g fat (the mac cheese is made with skimmed milk and 1/2 fat cheese! healthy old nhs!) and 6 chocolate chip cookies (estimate 20g fat)
dinner will be - barbeque marinaded chicken breast - 4g fat

looking at it written down it doesnt actually seem too bad for a slip up, plus ive come home and am totally fine with just getting back to it, whereas when i was in the hospital i was planning a trip to tesco for onion ring crisps , galaxy caramel and toffee popcorn, which i didnt do, so maybe it was a bad meal but a good save in general!!

went to this gym at 7am today - very proud! did -

10 mins treadmil - 70 cals
25 mins x trainer - 260 cals
5 mins bike - 50 cals

not so much but well better than nothing! also i weighed myself and so far since weds ive lost another 4 lbs so that's the 2 i gained last week gone plus a further 2, so im 15 st today and that WILL be the last time i see that number on the scales!!! i think im gunna change my weigh in day to a monday - it will give me the incentive to be good through the wekends :)

well hope your all well and happy weight loss!!

xcx

Sorry it didnt work out. I know what you mean about him knowing you wanted him back and chasing him. It gives him the power. I have had girlfriends like that. They play you along just for that feeling it gives them over you.
There are plenty of cliches i could mention at this point but i'm not going to. You know them, everyone has been telling you them.
Don't bury your head in the food cupboard though. It is easy to think "ah f**k it, i give up". But if you do, you will feel even worse the next day knowing that nothing has changed AND you eat crap food.
We're looking out for you. We may not be there by your side but we are thinking about you. Take care x

thanks so much slim, its so nice to know :) x

Hi
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

But on the plus side your doing great with food and exercise, well done you for going to the gym at 7am, that must've taken a good bit of motivation. Every time you think about giving up remind yourself that you dont want to waste all the time you've spent at the gym. It will pay off eventually, it has to.

I've been quite good today myself. Ive stayed within my cals and I managed to do some exercise and some time on the bike earlier...i'm feeling a bit like having something nice but i'm not gonna ruin todays work.

Hope your ok chick!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yay littlemiss!! well done luv :) im so enjoying the gy i must say - it gives me some alone time and keeps me out the way when my ex sees the kiddies :)

today ive been good :)

breakfast - 2 x chocolate brioche rolls - 10.8g fat
lunch - sweet onion chicken teriyaki subway - 5g fat
dinner - pasta with morrisons eat smart tomato and mascarpone sauce - 8g fat

snacks - organix goodies carrot stix baby crisps - 1.8g fat
- slim fast caramel bar - 2.8g fat
- slim fast pretzls - 2 g fat
total - 30.4 g i think

went to the gym

- 10 mins tread mill - 70 cals
- 25 mins x trainer - 270 cals
- 5 mins exercise bike - 50 cals
3x 15 reps on 3 weight machines

Days's Rating - :D

hey hey! plan for today -

breakfast - 1/2 melon - fat free, pot low fat strawberry yogurt 1.1g fat, 2x light laughin cow triangles - 0.6g fat, cup of tea - 1g fat

lunch - bagel with leerdammer light - 8g fat

dinner - healthy roast (herb crust chicken - 3g fat (estimate), potatoes mashed w/ philli light - 2g fat (est), parsnips, carrots and chickpeas w/light tahini - 3g fat (est) stuffing - 2g fat - total 10g fat
pudding - w/w lemon dessert w/ low fat custard - 4g fat

sounds like a good day of food! dinner is gunna be FAB! im excited about it lol!
must say i forgot how good using xenical is for my cooking skills! when ive been on weight watchers etc i often rely on ready meals but on lower fat i make the real effort to cook well and i try to make good meals. ive really noticed the difference my new way of eting is having on my health already. before i started i was often having fairly alarming spells of tightness in my chest, and feeling like i coulldnt get a big deep satisfying breath, thats all but stopped now. obviously im getting a lot less out of breath when im doing thins and have alot more energy, i guess thats a combination of the eating and the gym. my skin is worlds better than it was, i was very porey before whereas now my skin is far more smooth looking :) feeling good today!

also - im getting my 5 a day for like the first time ever now lol!
im having fruit juice with breakfast most days - thats1, then cherries as a snack through the day, thats 1 or 2 servings, then im trying to have at least one veg with dinner most nights, thats 1, then more snacking on raspberries or blueberries - 1 or 2 :)

my ipod broke at the gym though, that makes me sad :( i have a backdate of money coming in in the next few days though so im gunna wait till i lose 4 more lbs (that'll be 2 stone total) and reward myself with a nice new ipod nano and docking station :) i cant wait till i hit 3 stone, im gunna get a big back tattoo to celebrate that one!

this sounds really lame, but i cant wait to lose 2 more lbs cos itll take me to the same weight as my weight loss friend in real life (as opposed to my minis mates!) , she started her weight loss in feb, but was a stone bigger than me, and its been my mission to catch up to the same weight as her, then overtake her! she's stalled just now , so im hoping i can do it this week lol, we're both v competitive so i know itll spur her on to get back on track too, so its not ENTIRELY selfish!! *evil laugh*!!!

well sorry about the length of this post, but its been ageeees since i had a proper ramble on here!!

good luck all and have a grreat day and keep going hunnies!!

xcx

Last edited:
Hiya

Your doing great, keep up the good work!

My eatings not been as exciting as yours, pretty boring recently, trying to curb the amount of calories I eat. Ive been doing my exercises but didn't do any tonight as i've been sick all day, so I thought i'd have a day off.

Hope you enjoy your lunch, i'm sure there wont be much difference in you if you used to be a size 14 and your now a 16.

I've put on 10lbs in 3 weeks but a work mate said to me the other day - have you lost more weight, I wish, not had a good loss for months, and my clothes are tighter. as the week goes on i'm feeling more determined, but trying not to get my hopes up too much coz when i do that if its not a great loss i get dissapointed and tend to binge.

On a positive note, i've not had chocolate for 4 days now, which is a mini goal for me!!

Keep strong claire, your doing great, let us know how you get on with your date.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

was bad wih food yesterday evening. the chicken that i had in for the roast was out of date so we ended up getting pizza, chips and a bit of junk food, eek!!! havent eaten much today though cos i just dont feel hungry after the food last night, so im hoping not too much damage has been done! ive been really good as well this week and haven weighed myself!!! trying sooo hard to get till monday lol!!

you all had good days?

xcx

Last edited:
Great day thanks. Boiled eggs for B. 2 Pitas with ham and ww yoghurt for L. Fish soup for D. Apple, orange and pack of mini ryvitas for S.
25 lengths at lunchtime swim and 15 mins on bike tonight. So feeling good.

Back