Extra Easy Clothing

Jebbie

When you first started to lose weight, did you have trouble adjusting to clothes which weren't over baggy?

I've lost a 1st5lbs and my normal clothes are now too baggy. I got a new top the next size down and I'm unsure if it actually fits and looks okay, as I'm used to baggy to hide lumps/bumps.

- Jebbie x

I'm between sizes now, tops I bought for my hols a few weeks ago are looking too big now. My jeans are hanging off me, but next size down is still too tight. I hope by Christmas I'll be down a full size. Then I have to throw out the bigger stuff, so I can't grow back into it!

I still enjoy baggy clothes lol adjusting to loosing weight and having a huge breast reduction has been weird! !

I still grab the biggest tops forgetting I don't have an l cup anymore! !

Ebay. .. swap party with friends!! Only problem is with my friends we're all very different sizes! !

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've got the opposite issue - it feels weird not having my waistband really cutting into me and acting as a corset! My trousers fit now, but also they have got misshapen from being stretched so far, so I look forward to being thin enough to justify buying new ones.

I've found it REALLY weird adjusting!! I've needed to buy quite a few things recently... just every day kinds of stuff like underwear, a few pairs of jeans etc... dresses and stuff are still ok just baggier and probably not as flattering as a result.

Going shopping has been really strange as the sort of stuff I've worn for YEARS is not as flattering on me anymore. I've always had a small waist and big hips and being quite short, things like jeans/tops etc were never very flattering. I always wore dresses with little waist belts and tights/leggings etc. Now I wear jeans all the time and find dresses aren't as flattering!

I still can't get out of the mind frame of picking up size 12 dresses though... I get into the fitting rooms and everything is too big on me and then I get frustrated because I hate the thought of having to get dressed again and go out and pick other stuff to go in and try on...!! I've never been a good shopper but it does really annoy me now. The last couple of times have been easier though - I'm slowly getting the hang of it :)

A lot of people say they find shopping a more enjoyable experience after losing weight but mine has been the opposite. It takes a while to readjust and figure out what suits you again! xx

What's a swish?

- Jebbie x

Something our consultant organises every few months, she says to bring in the clothes that are too big now - other people put £1 in a charity box to take them - generally there's someone smaller than you and shrinking out of stuff other people could make good use of. Keeps costs down for when you're not planing to be that size for long

Something I noticed last night. I did my first review of my wardrobe as I'd just got my stone certificate. there were a few things that now fit that were too tight before (yippee!) But I actually found myself worrying - if they fit now, they'll be too big at target, and... they're so pretty!
Guess I just have to tell myself about all the other beautiful clothes I can buy at target, but sometimes there's a clothes season with really nice stuff and I hope I hit target in one of those!

I haven't had to but any new clothes yet and I'm 3 and a half stone down :) this is good as I HATE shopping as nowhere does clothes for my shape especially not clothes that I actually like. My primani leggings are holding out for now...i think in another stone or so ill notice it as I've lost all my top weight now it's another 2 stone to shift just off my ass and thighs :)

I just had a major sort out and all of my baggy clothes are off to the charity shop, i dont want the safety blanket of having the bigger clothes, 'just in case' hope ive done the right thing. like you Mandlegrot i cant find clothes i like to fit my shape. heres to hoping i get a new shape!

Back