ColJacks food diary

... Still don't think you are eating enough :(:confused::(

Please check with your consultant

I have a class buddy who's list of daily foods contains only 2 fruits and 2 veg - what the list doesn't say is that she eats a whole dish of fruit for breakfast, 2 pieces of the same fruits with her lunch and half a plate piled high with the 2 veg for her evening meal. She's on a very tight budget so can't afford to buy lots of different items, what she does do is buy 2 or 3 large packs of 2 fruits and 2 veg and whilst she admits her meals are boring compared to mine, she easily eats much more than 1/3 SF every day.

Give Coljack a break - he's obviously losing weight and not going hungry and he does his research so why mend what aint broke?

I don't quite know how to take this comment :( ColJack asked on the main forum for people to take a look at his diary and advise where appropriate.

I had noticed that this week there was a drop in syns & quantity of food - twice ColJack's lunch has consisted of fruit only. My comment was purely raised out of concern. There is no doubt ColJack is a successful slimmer and we are all proud of him.

I shall now withdraw from this diary gracefully.

I apologise to ColJack if I have offended him in any way :confused:

I don't quite know how to take this comment :( ColJack asked on the main forum for people to take a look at his diary and advise where appropriate.

I had noticed that this week there was a drop in syns & quantity of food - twice ColJack's lunch has consisted of fruit only. My comment was purely raised out of concern. There is no doubt ColJack is a successful slimmer and we are all proud of him.

I shall now withdraw from this diary gracefully.

I apologise to ColJack if I have offended him in any way :confused:

Ali - please don't be offended!!! I'm so sorry if you are, that wasn't my intention.

The first one you quoted you mentioned lack of protein & syns but Coljack had 3 sources of protein that day and 18.5 syns.

The second quote I think was where you referred to not eating enough - maybe so but there are days when any of us can grab something just for convenience, and to give credit where its due, the choices made were much healthier than eating something with syns that's not so healthy.

My comment about my friend was just to say that the food diary she gives our C prompted her to say she wasn't eating enough when in fact she was eating huge portions, just not much variety. When she explained this to the C she was applauded for sticking to plan on such a limited budget - I wanted to show how its easy to jump to conclusions.

Again, I apologise for coming across like I did - hubby always said I should have been a school teacher!!! And please don't withdraw your support for Coljack cos of me!!!! Tell me to shut my gob next time. :eek:

BTW - My lunch today was a "grab what you can" affair - only had 10 mins to raid the fridge so grabbed a pkt of cooked chicken, an apple and a banana - and yes, I am now starving cos it wasn't enough but I did stay on plan. lol

Ali- we all know, including coljack I'm sure that your comments are out of love, not malice so don't leave the thread.

If it's jumping to conclusions people are worried about the same can be applied to them.

Let's forget that and concentrate on what's more important...coljack and how fantastic he is!!!

:D

Ali, please don't leave on my account. No offence was taken at all.
I don't claim to know everything and I appreciate all input since it stops me from getting complacent.
I did have light lunches those days since I wasn't planning on the walks so the only portable food I had with me was fruit.

Today was even worse, as you'll see below.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Wednesday 11 May

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs
Frappe made with HeB milk

Dinner

Beans in Tom sauce
( forgot my fruit but have 20 or so cans of beans in the boot of the car. :) )

Evening meal

150g shreddies ( oops. 56g as 2 x HeB, 94g as 18 syns )

Snacks

HeA = 2 x 350ml skimmed milk
HeB = 2 x 28g shreddies

Total daily syns = 18

Total weekly syns = 65.5

I had a phone call last night that mom was in hospital so I had to visit straight from work and after forgetting my lunch box I was starving.
I grabbed a bowl of shreddies when I got in and just syned it and it's 5 syns per 28g

I was tempted to call today an "off plan" day but might as well own it.

I will have some more eggs later, maybe with some mushrooms for more protein. ;)

Hi ColJack,

I've been a silent reader of your diary so far but just wanted to say well done for your achievement so far and hope your mummy gets better soon. xx

Hi ColJack :wavey:

Best wishes winging their way to your mum for getting home quickly and into better health :hug99:

Last edited:
Morning Coljack xx

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear mums in hospital. I hope they soon have her in much better health.
I'm in a similar situation with my dad being in the hospice, and visiting after work etc. It's v hard I know, and a lot of lovely supportive people on here hav been reminding me to make sure I look after myself too, so now I'm saying the same to you xx. Its difficult to stick to plan when you hav so much on your mind, so we should both cut ourselves a little slack if or when needed xx. Got my wi tonite so we'll see just how much slack I've been cutting! ;)

Sending you lots of love and good wishes,

Dawn x.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks for all the kind words, Mum's out now, she was in because she had an infection in the wound from her operation the other week...

Seems today was a bad day food wise again...

Thursday 12 May ( EE )

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs
Banana

Dinner

Beans in Tom sauce
(Weigh in day, light lunch)

Evening meal

Sea food sticks ( 32!!!! oops.. :) )
3 mini babybel light (HeA)
Alpen Light ( 1/2 HeB )
35g Apricots ( 1/2 HeB )
Apple

Snacks
4 finger KitKat ( 12 syns!!!! )
Packet of crisps ( 8.5 syns!!! )

HeA = 3 Mini babybel
HeB = 1 Alpen light + 35g apricots

Total daily syns = 20.5
Total weekly syns = 86 < most syns I've ever had in one week.. :)

I would dearly love to be able to eat seafood sticks - they are so handy and speedy and SW friendly, but I just can't get a taste for them!

Hope WI went well and best wishes to your mum, hope she is feeling better soon.

:)

Glad to hear your mum's back home :D
Hope she's feeling much better soon :D

Good news on mum xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Friday 13 May ( EE )

Breakfast

1/2 tin beans
1/2 tin tomatoes
Banana

Dinner

1/2 tin beans
1/2 tin tomatoes
2x plums
Nectarine
3 x mini babybel light (HeA)

Evening meal

Portion chicken tika kebab meat (7.5 syns)
Salad
( stuck on a traffic jam on the way home for an hour and a half. )

Snacks

Small portion of pasta bolognase made with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and quorn.

HeA = 3 Mini babybel light
HeB = none

Total daily syns = 7.5
Total weekly syns = 7.5

Oops, I knew I'd forgotten something :)

I'll update later, watching Biggest Loser USA at the moment.

Saturday 14 May ( EE )

Breakfast

1/2 tin beans
1/2 tin tomatoes
3 mushrooms
71g apricots ( HeB )

Dinner

Home made quorn bolognaise with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
3 mini babybel light

Evening meal

Chicken
Roast potatoes
Cabbage
Leeks
Brocoli
Gravy 140ml ( 2 syns )

Snacks

Piece of pork pie ( 10 syns )

HeA = 3 Mini babybel light
HeB = 71g Apricots

Total daily syns = 12
Total weekly syns = 19.5

Sunday 15 May ( EE )

Breakfast

1/2 tin beans
1/2 tin tomatoes
3 mushrooms
71g apricots ( HeB )

Dinner

Home made quorn bolognaise with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.

Evening meal

Chicken
Roast potatoes
Cabbage
Leeks
Brocoli
Gravy 140ml ( 2 syns )

Snacks

142g Apricots ( 12 syns )
3 plums
Apple

HeA = none