Common SW misconceptions put right.

Just in response to Mandy I do want my sins but I have a bit of a problem with rgards to self control lol once I start I can't stop but I don't really have Many of the meals that contain them I like knowing I CAN have them and then feeling good that I haven't coz once I start I just don't stop I'm an all or nothing kind of girl lol xx

I'm the same. I could use my syns for crisps and white bread/butter but I know once I eat those things I cannot stop at just one and it quickly becomes the path to giving up SW completely. For me it's like asking an alcoholic to just have one drink a day or a smoker one ciggie...it's too difficult to do for me in moderation so I choose not to use my syns on those things.

Hello everyone. I'm new and will probably needs lots of help so I'll apologize in advance for the endless questions. I love the diaries, get great ideas from the food lists that other members eat. I made a big pot of red lentil, bacon (all fat removed)and butternut squash soup today,:confused: would this be syn free?

Hello everyone. I'm new and will probably needs lots of help so I'll apologize in advance for the endless questions. I love the diaries, get great ideas from the food lists that other members eat. I made a big pot of red lentil, bacon (all fat removed)and butternut squash soup today,:confused: would this be syn free?
It depends on exactly what is in the soup and what plan you are following. If it is just lentils, lean bacon, butternut squash and stock then it should be syn free on EE.:)

I am using my full 15 syns a day, yesterday I had a small pack of choc buttons as a post WI treat, However I have been using my syns for this sort thing... honey on my porridge, Mayo Light or French dressing with salad, hot chocolate drink, or an extra cereal bar for a snack or some gravy on a roast.
I hope I am using the syns properly?

This is what I tend to do eat free, then I know the "extras" eg butter and marmalade on my toast or gravy or ex light mayo are taken care of.
Jean

Sparky - Am I reading your signature wrong or have you lost 27 stone? If so OMG thats amazing, look at all your stickers! - well done you!!
I think she has put a sticker up for every kilo lost not stones !!

tara40 said:
I have Porridge with wheatgerm from Waitrose so that i dont have to have a scan bran. it is on the HexB's on the SW website.

I have never had scan bran with porridge as I think its just plain awful! Do like however the thought of wheatgerm with it. I think the literature Im using is a little older and can't find it. Can someone please tell me how much I should be having with my porridge? Thanks!

I don't always have my 1/3 of a plate of free food . I often make a huge post fovegetable soup. Can this replace the 1/3 I am missing?

I don't always have my 1/3 of a plate of free food . I often make a huge post fovegetable soup. Can this replace the 1/3 I am missing?
It is not so much about replacing the vegetables it is to ensure that when you dish up say meat and potatoes, it takes up only 2/3 of your plate so that the meal has less calories than if it had covered the entire plate. It probably won't make much different at the beginning but if you find you are piling your plate with say pasta you may be better off doing green.

Free foods are not completely unlimited! ABSOLUTLEY TRUE

Yes, think that is really true.
I have been guilty of this, using too many mugshots and low fat supernoodles, mainly due to stress and being so busy, but it's taken its toll on my weight loss.

#
You can't eat Mugshots and Muller Lights all day every day, and then be surprised to STS. I'm putting this one up as it seems apt, while I sit trying to force down the last few mouthfuls of my MAHUSIVE pasta carbonara. You still have to exercise portion control, it's just down to your own judgement of when you are 'full' rather than having amounts and weights set out by the plan.

Is that pic of the lb of fat for real? is that a really tiny mug its next too.

Another thing Why can you mush up and cook toms but are synd if you do same to an apple, they are both fruit technically

FatTony said:

Another thing Why can you mush up and cook toms but are synd if you do same to an apple, they are both fruit technically

I would assume it is because the calorie and sugar levels are much higher in an apple than a fruit. Also you'd be unlikely to over consume the tomatoes.

The photo is a medical replica of a pound of fat. If you think that a pack of butter is half a pound it makes sense that this is the size of about two of them x

Back