Stabilization CONSOSTAB (shared diary)

Sounds lovely, Anja, and you managed to achieve a good balance between indulgence and sensible eating.

I'm dreading the food aspect of our holidays as I will be able to exert only limited control on what food is available. I only hope that I can do half as well as you did.

That's really impressive Anja... It sounds so very restrained initially, and well organised, and then there's the paragraph of "treats" which are also in such moderation yet look so tempting to the those of us not in your phase, that I can only wonder why I can't do it!

I do have one question for you though which intrigues me.

large family: 6 adults 4 kids (3, 6, 12, 14).

Is it like a sect? Do you chop and change among adults... and swap kids with each other?

(Or shouldn't I ask ;)) :D

Welcome back, Anja. Food sounds good, a nice balance of holiday/normal. Well done on the STS - brilliant.:)

That's really impressive Anja... It sounds so very restrained initially, and well organised, and then there's the paragraph of "treats" which are also in such moderation yet look so tempting to the those of us not in your phase, that I can only wonder why I can't do it!

I do have one question for you though which intrigues me.

Is it like a sect? Do you chop and change among adults... and swap kids with each other?

(Or shouldn't I ask ;)) :D

Ha ha no it's my Scottish family:
me, DH, 2 small kids
2 grandparents
and DH sister and her husband and 2 older kids.

Easy, no sect ;) just my clan of babysitters :D: the cousins looked after the little ones a lot of the time and everyone looked after them to give us a day off. We didn't manage to go out at night but no great loss really.

As for restrained and all that - yes I sort of was, always for 3/4 of a day, but it's so much easier when you're not in your own home and when busy doing fun things rather than staring at a computer or having to contemplate the housework etc etc! And restraint with alcohol has never been an issue for me.
Also - everyone is still so impressed with my efforts & positive comments abound that I feel I can't let my guard down too much either... My MIL said she'd taken a photo that was an 'advert for Dukan' - I hope she sends it to me :eek: Which reminds me I must get our pics off the camera too...

It's true that you, Robin and DD ought to be on our guru's site in the "success story" category...

I'm like you with alcohol. While I'll probably have a kir (if it's sunny!) this weekend at our BBQ, I'm not bothered otherwise and can happily drink H2O and Diet Coke until the cows come home.

Yep I hear you re positive comments, and I must use them to encourage me not to lose the plot now out of ketosis (or, even, make such a big thing of having let go of my crutch temporarily!!).

Lovely to have all the family together for a holiday like that... with 7 in my house in a fortnight (just one downstairs loo and downstairs bathroom), I'm "concerned"! But will just take myself out for a mind clearing WALK if things get too difficult (they all tend to pick and nibble between meals, then not want meals as early as I might!! Then I feel guilty being "she who's hungry"! I'll be sneaking chicken into the loo with me to fill up!! haaaa! oh no, not the loo, cos there'll be a queue for that.. I've a small laundry room - that'll be where I'll stash Dukan food in a cooler!

Good morning - STS for me, no change there, I was not actively trying to lose anything which I might have to do at some point though. Indulged in a shop-bought chocolate dessert after my weekly shopping trip - it was not huge (125gr I guess) and AFTERWARDS I checked the label: 420Cal :eek::eek::eek::eek: in the serving. Oops.

It's true that you, Robin and DD ought to be on our guru's site in the "success story" category...

Really?? thanks! I will be having a party if I manage to round off the year in September at the Conso start weight! I'm about to come up to my 'starting day' anniversary soon, it was just after my work's summer party and choir's summer concert (which are bot coming up) - I recall sitting at the Choir AGM just after that (where we organise nibbles and wine) with my big water bottle :D:D and nothing else...

Yep I hear you re positive comments, and I must use them to encourage me not to lose the plot now out of ketosis (or, even, make such a big thing of having let go of my crutch temporarily!!).

Lovely to have all the family together for a holiday like that... with 7 in my house in a fortnight (just one downstairs loo and downstairs bathroom), I'm "concerned"! But will just take myself out for a mind clearing WALK if things get too difficult (they all tend to pick and nibble between meals, then not want meals as early as I might!! Then I feel guilty being "she who's hungry"! I'll be sneaking chicken into the loo with me to fill up!! haaaa! oh no, not the loo, cos there'll be a queue for that.. I've a small laundry room - that'll be where I'll stash Dukan food in a cooler!
Now if they are snacking - and my family were too (especially the teenagers but they're very sporty and allowed) - you can too! Just on other stuff. And remember the piece of fruit you can have now. If you choose a small one (plum? apricot?) you could have two. And please please don't do it in secret, even if it's dukan-friendly. It's the secret bit that's so lethal for the mind (I slip up there too some evenings).

I guess that you are avoiding the apparently inevitable but of course unwelcome comments about your eating that way but I'm not sure it's a solution? Can you have a word with your family re: commenting on your eating habits and that it's making things WORSE? I appreciate that this may not be possible nor be understood.

Oh and just wanted to add: I still allow myself the odd graze box (healthy snacks of course:p) and the last one had goji berries in the mix. I can positively and definitely confirm that I do no like them! I have now banned them from any future deliveries.

Thanks Anja... all duly noted and will be pondered over in due course. You're absolutely right, re the secret eating - whatever it comprises - being destructive. And you've identified immediately WHY I'd think I'd need to eat a Dukan chicken leg mid-afternoon in secret - cos others would comment! Think it weird! Whatever! And I really have tried to explain ad nauseum but it just doesn't seem to go in with some people! And then there's the guilt thing too...

But you are right and I will be at the market tomorrow checking out strawberries for a nice double cream + meringue treat for my guests this weekend after the Sun BBQ... and I'll strawbs and (Atkins) cream it! So it'll be my fruit portion rather than dessert which will be "out" on Sat pm!

And I really have tried to explain ad nauseum but it just doesn't seem to go in with some people! And then there's the guilt thing too...

Sounds all like a great plan!

Re the comments - stop explaining, just TELL them NOT TO COMMENT. You know what you're doing. And after all you're not commenting on their eating / snacking habits (or maybe you are??) GOOD LUCK!!

Maybe I should start commenting! the thing is, "normal people" probably wouldn't care!

Great result, STSing, Anja. :)

Jo - I don't know whether this will help at all, but I stopped my family's comments about what I ate during Cruise by telling them, "Look, this diet is making me feel healthier than I have for years so I'll eat what I need to eat in order to make a success of it." They couldn't argue with the health aspect and haven't made an adverse comment since.

It may not work with your family, but may be worth a try?

Secret eating ....hmm! I used to buy a pack of several eclairs in the supermarket because I wanted one, then eat the lot and throw the packet away before OH saw it. Must try not to do in future. Or choc fudge.

Time for an update - grumble

Hello everyone, I thought I'd check in before our thread completely drops off the forum!

I'm not exactly a happy bunny +.5kg (to 65kg) despite a fairly strict week where I should AT LEAST have STS... I think it MAY be because with the summer finally here my overall intake has shifted back to more veg (at least it's no longer 2/3 protein I don't think). I usually take bowl of green salad stuff (all from the garden, so proud of muself!) topped fish, meat or egg to work. Rather than taking the protein topped with a bit of leaves!

Oh well there is nothing I can do about it and I'll just have to plod on as I have various social occasions coming up. I KNOW my diet is healthy and has no junk and virtually no fat in it, so that will have to be matra :). Anyway, to pick up from another thread, my bruising problem that I put down to VitC deficiency and my yoga teacher thought was due to incorrect posture HAS GONE so I have probably managed to tackle it on both fronts.

I even doubled my exercise - two lengthy (1.5 hr and 1 hr) energetic (no cruising) cycle rides with DD2 (18kg) on the back. I have worked out we can actually cycle to our swimming lessons when the weather is good, so I'll stick to that in future. I did not have extra treats to compensate.

Ah but I need to remember that I am not doing 100% conso any more: I have a TB of linseed every day (except PP) and when I take my multivits (still don't remember every day) I have added a 500mg capsule of cod liver oil.

I had a 'normal meal' last Friday with come belgian beer, and a pice of chocolate cake at work. A completely treat free weekend (thank goodness for oatbran muffins!!). Nothing in the week, kept to conso small carbs, 2 fruit and only had a couple of small potatoes with one meal. Mostly even skipped the cheese or equivalent. On Thursday I cracked and had 2 dried dates and 2 apricots.

Ah well, as I said onwards, and if August dawns with no break in this trend I'll be able to take more drastic action and have more exercise - I'll be able to start the running as soon as all my evening commitments end for the summer. Once (if ever) I've mastered it I can also go out in the morning but at first I have no idea what state I will be afterwards in so I'll start the sessions in the evenings.

But I have told some of my friends about my plan so hopefully I'll have to stick to it now!

Sorry me rambling again, must do some work now - have a good weekend everyone!

Baking weekend coming up!

And of course I needed to share that I have quite a lot of baking coming up. Warning - all non-Dukan!

This morning I made the crisp bread I was talking about. So easy and so delicious - I had my one slice this morning already!
This is what I made:
Kerniges Knäckebrot
but I won't post a translation because it's definitely not Dukan-friendly! All I can say is: DrKarg you've met your match!
Then tomorrow will bake some simple soft rolls
Brötchen für Hamburger
to have with the (lean) burgers I'm making for the family as the kids love them, and finally for Sunday I have to bake a quick cake for sharing after the family service at church (my versions with cherries):
Klatschkuchen

And THEN I should have the urge to bake out of my system for a little while!

All I can say is that those pics make me feel glad that I'm on Conso - yum!

Yes luckily it is all to be shared out. The cake just disappears - not even sure if I will get a piece. Surplus rolls go in the freezer after the meal... and I don't think the crisp bread will hang around for long either!

Was ist haferflocken?

Hafer Flocken
Oat flakes

ie Rolled Oats (Porridge Oats - at least that's what I used)

I plan to retry the recipe with oatbran in future. It will still not be 100% Dukan but good for getting Oatbran into Stab without having Porridge every day :)

The crispbread looks great, Anja. Will definitely try that!

Don't worry about your weight, probably all extra water and a bit of muscle. As you're eating well and exercising, there's nothing more you can do. I'm sure the next weigh-in will be kinder to you. You can always take the ostrich approach (as I do) and weigh less often? I worry a lot less about my weight if I don't actually know what it is (and just tell myself it's 64 kilos as it was almost 3 weeks ago, despite what may have been eaten ;)).

Back