Constipation - quick remedy

mealiepuddin'

I suffered an odd pain in my colon today, along with feeling bloated and constipated - something that I have not experienced for many moons. Nevertheless, I felt awful for most of the day. Irritable and in agony, actually.:(

I researched some information on google - achieving little. On the school run, I bought some Epsom salts - remembering that my mum would give this to us when we were bunged up.
Back onto google when I got back home, only to find that Epsom salts is really dodgy to take. Damn.... will just bath in it then, as it is brilliant for drawing out toxins out of the skin.

Grrrr...... I want a natural solution! And finally - I found this simple and natural concept/recipe of getting things going and boy, did it WORK!!! Like a bomb!:p

So for any of you feeling a bit stuffed in, try this:

Drink 8 oz of ice cold water quite quick.
Straight after, drink a reasonably warm drink, ie. herbal tea, coffee or warm lemon water.
I drank my liquids really quickly.

A much kinder way to budge things along without days of cramping and feeling BLAH - running to the loo every 10 minutes with false alarms. :eek:
Perhaps a kinder way to clear out.:)

xx

i see, i was in emergeny hospital the other night.

and now im on some strong pain killers, but the nurse said it may cause constipation. i shall remember this post and thank you.

By 'eck - it works!!!!
Glass of water followed by a cup of black coffee (with a bit of cold water in so I could get it down quickly) and about half an hour later - bingo!
Cheers for the tip.

lol I'll have to remember that one, I normally use milk of magnesia to calm anything down which works pretty well and has a minty flavour but this sounds good too. Also I didn't know about epson salts might have to look those up as I do enjoy a good soak!

Last edited:
Thankyou for this remedy. Im going to use this a bit later on. im sure my weight loss would be more if I wasnt so bunged up!
Luckily im staying at home today!!

It didnt work for me :(

I'll definitely give this hot and cold drink method a try, it'll be great if it works as I really need something quick and easy and safe to deal with this 'wonderful' side effect of the Dukan diet :cool:

Apparently eating the core of a cabbage raw works a treat but i have yet to try it so any volunteers?!

When i first started losing weight my body seemed to go into shock at the lack of calories and i was constipated for a week at a time ;)

Milk of magnesia worked for me too... but it had quite a harsh effect, went...to far the other way (sorry if tmi)

trw1972 said:
When i first started losing weight my body seemed to go into shock at the lack of calories and i was constipated for a week at a time ;)

Milk of magnesia worked for me too... but it had quite a harsh effect, went...to far the other way (sorry if tmi)

When I lose weight my body does the same. :(

Definately Milk of Magnesia, works in less than two hours, just take two and half capfulls!..,

or if you really want a result, a large glass or warmed prune juice together with a couple of capfulls of Milk of Magnesia.

You may be a bit "loose" for an hour or two but it works! better than being bunged up!

Just don't feel safe to uhmm...TMI, pass wind! Trust me its not pretty!..lol

Good luck
Sal

Back