Cookies Food Diary xx

Poooor Cookies!

We all have those days! It can be really really hard to stay on track!

So many of us do really well on a diet for a couple of weeks and then just give up, I'm one of those people! We sabotage ourselves just like u said.
I have thought long and hard about why I sabbotage myself, and I have two theories, my first is that I hate myself deeply and that I feel I am such an awful person that I don't let myself suceed, and that pattern has been repeated in other areas of my life.
My second theory is that the first couple of weeks is great, ur doing well, you're feeling good and then panic begins to set in that if you continue to suceed that ur life may change, if u lose the weight people might think u look good, and that means u won't be an invisible blob anymore. I amn't explaining myself well here! I just think in my case my weight is an excuse, to opt out of life, and if the weight does go I'll have a hell of a lot to do! What if I fail? My gynae told me to lose weight to increase my chances of conceiving and I broke down in her office and told her I couldn't lose weight because what if I still couldn't conceive? My fat is my excuse for not being able to conceive but if it was gone then I may have to deal with the fact that my fertility problems will not be easily fixed and it might never happen for me!

Anyway, these are just my theories, maybe they might help u figure urs out and avoid sabbotaging urself?

Love Guen

Hugs for you hon,

We all go off track sometimes, but it just one day (sometimes 2!) and all is not lost, self sabotage like Guen said is so common - but you have done wonderfully well so far and will continue to do so. Writing down what you eat certainly helps and well done you for writing it all down, I know when I have had days where I have constantly snacked or gone over I am hesitant about recording it, but it does give me some accountability.

Hope your not feeling too low.

x

Thankyou soooo much girls!!!:)
You have both given me fab advice!
Guen, your first theory is me to a T!!! It's bizarre why we self sabotage, but we do! And also, I am so very sorry to hear that you are having trouble conceiving.... I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you Hun! xxx

And Scatty I think the 'accountability' of my Food Diary is what has made me continue with this weightloss plan. In the past, after 1 bad day, my diet would be abandoned but not so this time round. I don't mind how long this 'journey' takes me, but I will be have healthy BMI!!!!

I feel 100% better today, thank goodness! I ate out this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it!:D And for lunch I finally made some No Point Butternut Squash Soup.... and it was delicious!!!!! I haven't thought about food constantly (like on previous days) and I've eaten whatever I've wanted/fancied instead of denying myself... then eating that and more anyway! lol. Plus I ate main meals which filled me up and I didn't snack all day. So i am A Happy Bunny!!!!

Wednesday 20th January 2010

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Homemade Butternut Squash, carrot & ginger soup(0) served with a 30g dollop of Tesco LC Soft Cheese and chives(1) & 2 tangerines(0.5) total(1.5)

Dinner
2 slices Roast Turkey (2),1 chipolata sausage(1), 1 very small spoon of sage & onion stuffing(1), red cabbage(0), carrots(0), cauliflower(0), leeks(0), green beans(0), Roast parsnip (1), 1 roast potato(2) and gravy(2)total(9)

Dessert
A tiny piece of a chocolate/toffee cake(5)

Snacks
Popcorn(0.5), 2 biscuits(4)Total(4.5)

Drinks
Black Tea, water, diet coke & fanta zero

Total=20/19

1 point over.... will save a point tomorrow. But the yummy meal was worth it!

Thursday 21st January 2010

Breakfast
A GoAhead Oaty Bar thing, can't remember what it was called, but it was really yummy!(1.5) & 2 tangerines(0.5)total(2)

Lunch
Half a Jacket Potato(2) with 40g cheese (4.5), Lurpak(1), a spoonfull of coleslaw(1) and salad(0)total(8.5)

Dinner
Nothing

Snacks
Another GoAhead Oat thing(1.5), Iced Gems(1.5), WW Chocolate dessert(1), Popcorn(2.5), 2 bites of watermelon(0.5) & 6 Biscuits!!!!!!:eek:(6)total(13)

Drinks
Diet Coke(0) & Fanta Zero(0)

4 Bonus Exercise points earned:D

Total=23.5/23

0.5 over.... I'm not too worried about that.:)

Nando's... Yummy!!!

I'm off shopping for the day tomorrow and that means lunch at Nando's!!!:D
I love going there. And I'm meeting my Mum too, which is great! I haven't seen her since christmas, so can't wait to see her. My 4year old will be at school and I'll take the baby with me. He's at such a lovely age (nearly 9months) he's so inquisitive and he's always happy, bless him! So tomorrow should be a good day for me!:)

Oh and I must remember to take my Eating Out Guide so I can pick a point friendly food option!:D

Hope everyone is having a good week!!!
Love Vicky xxx

Friday 22nd January 2010

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Nando's Chicken Salad (a lemon 'n' herb chicken fillet on a bed of mixed leaves, beetroot, red pepper & cherry tomatoes)(3.5),1/3 of a pot of spicy Rice(1), a teaspoon of coleslaw(1) & 5 chips(1.5) total(7)

Dinner
Butternut Squash Soup(0) served with a dollop of VLF soft cheese(1),
Toasted Cheese & Tomato Sandwich
(2 slices WW bread(1) filled with 30g light cheese(3), sliced cherry tomatoes(0) & Extra Lite Salad Cream(0.5) served with
silverskin pickled onions(0) and
carrot sticks(0) total(5.5)

Snacks
Go Ahead Mixed Berry Oat Square(1.5) & French Fries(1) (2.5)

Drinks
1 cup of tea (0.5), Water, Diet Coke & Fanta Zero.

Total=15.5/19

3.5 saved, but went 0.5 over yesterday, so only really 3 points saved, but still good!:)

Had a good day today and didn't binge or overeat all evening, like I have been!!! Fingers crossed tomorrow will be another good one, then Sunday it's weigh in!!!:confused:

Hey..Just sendin my luck for your weigh day

:D

Enjoy ur nandos..its amazing :D

x

Aww Thanks Ash!!!!

I'm not expecting miracles tomorrow, even a 1pound loss would make me happy!!! Plus I have bought some new digital scales so I'm guessing I'm gonna weigh ALOT more on them, than on my old ones. My old ones are 15years old and rubbish... if you fidget around on them enough you can lose a few more pounds!! lol (Not that I do that! Well... not recently anyway!) So today was another good day, and I haven't felt like bingeing, so I'm happy! Here's what I ate today and I really enjoyed everything I had to eat (which isn't always the case!lol)

Saturday 23rd January 2010

Breakfast
Potato waffle(1.5)
1 spoon of beans(1)
1 dessert spoon lite cheese(1.5)
4 halved cherry tomatoes(0)
Total(4)

Lunch
Nothing! I was at a kids party and managed to resist the party food! Go me! lol Party Food is a major downfall of mine!

Dinner
McDonalds Chicken Legend(7)
(points worked out from nutritional info on McDonalds Website)
Diet Coke(0)
Cadburys Light Chocolate trifle(2.5) yummmmmmm
Total(9.5)

Snacks
Carrot sticks(0)

Drinks
Diet Coke(0)
2 cups of tea(1.5) (accidentally put a teaspoon of sugar in one cup of tea)

Total=15/19

4points saved

Struggling and unmotivated!

So I bought some new scales! And as I had 1st thought, my old ones were WAY OUT! In fact they were under weighing me by 8lbs:cry:

And then to top it all off, I weighed myself for my weekly weigh in and I stayed the same, didn't lose a thing!!! And then I stupidly decided that I'm going to give up on my diet and ate crap all day!!!!:break_diet: And I didn't even enjoy what I did eat.

I've been contemplating swapping to the Cambridge Diet... The LARGE losses really appeal to me, but I bet if I'd lost something this week, I wouldn't even be thinking about it!!

Urgh... I'm just so annoyed with myself!

Anyway enough of all that moaning! lol. I need a plan of action! Right I'm going to chuck the old scales out and use only the new digital ones. I'll go through all my previous posts and amend all the weights to..... :cry:..... 8lbs more!!!! Urgh that aint gonna be fun!

Then I'm going to write down my food diary for the day, So that I don't just say " Oh to Hell with it" and give up!!!

And then I'm going to start afresh tomorrow with renewed vigour!!!!:)

I really don't want to be fat this summer!!!! I just got the Xmas photos back and I look like a big fat sweaty blimp!!!! Plus my Sis-in-law is a STUNNING model, so you can imagine how bad I look when I'm stood next to her!

I looked at the Xmas pics pre-pregnancy and I looked great. I was slim, had my hair and nails done and most of all I was smiling and happy with my body! I've just sort of given up on myself... I still do my makeup most days... but thats about it. Things really need to change. I NEED to stop sabotaging myself.. I DO deserve to be slim and happy!!!

Right that is the end of my rant!:eek:
I'm sorry that I went on so much, I don't know where all that just came from! lol!

I hope everyone else is having a better time of it??? And Goodluck to everyone on this weeks weigh ins!
xxx

Sunday 24th January 2010

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
A toasted cheese and tomato sandwich ( 2 slices of thick bread(3) spread with VLF spread(1) and filled with Lighter Cheddar (5) and cherry tomatoes(0) )
Served with
Carrot sticks(0)
Cucumber slices(0)
Total(11)

Dinner
6 biscuits(9)
Snack a jacks(1.5)
WW cake Bar(1.5)
Total(12)

Snacks
Goodies Trifle(2)
Activia Creamy Yoghurt(2)
Iced Gems(1.5)
1/2 a small plum(0)
Carrot sticks(0)
Go Ahead Oat Bar(1.5)
Total(7)

Drinks
3 Cups of tea(1)
Diet Coke(0)
Fanta zero(0)

Grand Total 31/20:(

11points over:mad:

One very good thing that came from today is... I have thrown away the last 2 boxes of biscuits that I was given as a late Xmas pressie. I've noticed that the days I've gone over my points allowance, it's generally been because of eating these biccys!!!! So no more Biccy temptation!

Back on track tomorrow!!!:)

Your about the weight i was when i started now, stay with ww you know we are all here for you And those big losses dont last on CD. My only advice is to stop snakcing on sweet things and have 3 proper meals!

Thankyou soooo much Girls!!! I truly believe that if it hadn't been for this site and all it's lovely members I would be heavier than ever now and certainly wouldn't be back on my diet.

Katie you are so right, I need to kick the sweet treats! The weird thing is I'm more of a savoury person, but lately I've been snacking on sweet things constantly! And I haven't been eating 3meals a day. The 3meals a day problem is something I've had since my teens. I feel GUILTY eating 3meals a day, so I've always tried to skip as many meals as possible. Then I end up eating loads of rubbish instead! I'm definately gonna start working on this problem.

Guen,
Aw I really hope you have a better week Hun!!!! I'm thinking of you!!

And Thanks again girls xxx

So today I (and the kids) have a sickness bug, so I haven't eaten anything at all. Thats one way to lose weight I guess! (only joking! lol)

Monday 25th January 2010

No food all day due to illness

Drinks
Water
Diet Coke
Fanta zero

Total= 0/20

20 points saved

Gosh you must be ill to not eat! Im never ill enough for that! hehe, hope you feel better soon!
Tbh you are eating more in snacks than in meals so start eating meals lady!!! It wil make a big differance, i used to just eat choc bars, especially twixes , even for breakfast. Not good.

Tuesday 26th January 2010

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
WW Chicken HotPot (4.5)

Dinner
3 slices Hawaiin pizza(15.5)

Snacks
Nothing

Drinks
Lots of water

Total=20/20

0 points saved

I started feeling better at around 1 o'clock today, so was able to keep some food down. Hopefully I'll be totally recovered by tomorrow. I seem to of spent the last 2days endlessly washing sicky sheets, hoovering floors and bathing kids covered in sick! lol The little ones seem better this evening tho so that's good!:family2:

Back on track properly tomorrow. Less snacking and more proper nutritious meals. Hope everyone has a FAB week!!!:wavey:
xxx

Hi hon,

hope your feeling bit better - well done on keeping within yr points - being sick has the opposite affect on me I crave and actually end up having all my favourite "comfort" foods. Have a good week and get well soon.

x

Wednesday 27th January 2010

Breakfast
Ready Brek made with water & skimmed milk and sweetener(2.5)

Lunch
Nothing(0)

Dinner
1/2 slice (30g) roast chicken(0.5)
1 stuffing ball(1.5)
3 small roast potatoes(4.5)
Red Cabbage(0)
Carrots(0)
White Cabbage(0)
Leeks(0)
Cauliflower(0)
1/2 a roasted parsnip(1)
Gravy(2)

2 teaspoons of BF's dessert(5)

Snacks
Iced Gems(1.5) & Snackajck salted popcorn(0.5)

Drinks
Diet coke, fanta zero & water(0)

Total=20/20

No points saved.

I had a lovely meal out and was very good and didn't get a dessert, I just had 2 TINY teaspoons of my boyf's pud.

Thursday 27th January 2010

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
1/2 a Jacket Potato(2) filled with LF Cottage Cheese(2) served with salad and 2 teaspoons of salad cream(1)(5)

Dinner
6 chicken nuggets(6) served with salad(0) & 1 teaspoon of ketchup(1)
Hot Chocolate and squirty cream(4)(11)

Snacks
3 chocolates(3),
Carrots & sugarsnap peas(0)
Pickled onions(0) I know... I'm weird! lol
Iced Gems(1.5)
Activia Yoghurt(2)
Total(6.5)

Drinks
Diet coke, water & fanta zero

Total=22.5/20

2.5 points OVER!:(

I am still really struggling to get motivated again! Logging my food diary and 'sort of' counting my points through out the day is stopping alot of the imminent binges though, so things aren't all bad.

I know I will get motivated again soon, but untill then I'm just gonna keep on writing down my Food diary and attempting to count points... no matter how much I go over my allowance.... I'm still gonna write it down.:break_diet:

If this was a binge period at any other point of my life, I would be half a stone heavier by now and feeling even more depressed! But I'm not, I'm still 8lbs lighter and that is a great thing!:)

My friend is thinking of joining WW next Thursday, so I am considering going along to the meetings with her. The only problem is, it's a night time meeting and the kids will be in bed and Bf is working.... have to see if I can work something out... that or go to a daytime meeting. There are lots of different meetings in my area, so one must suit!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!:D

Hi,

I just wanted to say - stick with it, carry on writing down your food intake, I definitely think writing down what I am eating stops me from unhealthy bingeing - knowing I have to write it down here and potentionally have people viewing it kinda keeps me on the straight an narrow (with a few snack a jacks related blips!), I also refuse to have food I cannot eat in the house, I guess I am able to do that because LO is only a baby and my husband doesn't have much of a choice because I will not buy anything vaguely junk foody.

I bought lots of lovely goodies yesterday for my mummy n baby group (we hold it in each other's hous's every week and this week was my turn) so the cupboards are full of posh crisps and posh indulgent biccies, but all the left overs like the muffins and croissants and other fresh baked stuff went straight over to MIL's house (I hate wasting food). I just packaged the rest up and put it into air tight containers - we always have guests at the weekend so I know it'll get eaten up.

So far I resisted the crisp's calling my name but I am weak when it comes to the humble fried potato! - good luck for the weekend hon and don't stress too much, you have been unwell and that can make it difficult to get back on track, just take it one day at a time.

big hugs.
x

Back