Corkscrews Cruise to the Curves :)

Joiner son won't be needing most of his tools then :giggle:

Why do you think I encouraged a son to be a joiner? Mick is def not a handy man in the DIY department, he once put up two shelves in the bathroom, one lent one way and the other one lent the opposite way, bugged me intensely when I used to have a bath!!!!

When we had the new kitchen I built the cupboards and drawers and my brother fitted it with Mick working as a labourer............he needed the direction :8855:

Hope today has been a good one for you and you not been dreaming of pink tools....................maybe I should rephrase that!!!!!!

Hello, your absence has been noted.......................hope you OK and not too busy with more DIY!!!

Hi corkscrew! love the new breakfast bar! and hell yeah lady, you show them men ;) there's nothing a man can do that a woman can't do better. I have a fiancée, and I'm much more handy around the house than he is! I plumbed in our washer and do the DIY. I'll see if I can get a pic of his attempt at DIY which I'm still waiting (8 months on) for him to finish as he messed it up!

Guarantee that breakfast bar will stand for longer because you did it than some useless man!

On a different note your losses are great! keep up the fab work!

Ahhhh a woman after my own heart :D lol I was married to a very unhandy man........he drove me insane with his total inability to even put a screw in straight :( Everything he touched that was DIY related ended up a total mess :( It didn't help that I had grown up with a man (my dad) who could make and mend anything mind! lol

I live in a very old house - one of those pre war buldings that had a fireplace in the kitchen. Anyway, due to ex (lol) hubbies total flair for all things destructive I thought I was pretty darn safe asking him to knock the kitchen chimney breast out..........after all destruction was his speciality :D I didn't take into account his typical male trait of being unable to focus past his own hand and the task in front on him...e.g. the lump hammer and the chimney breast. I foolishly left him unattended whilst I popped off for a pee. Whilst said pee was in progress I heard one almighty 'smash' Upon my return to the crime scene, I discovered that the stupid man had been whacking a stubborn brick outward (instead on inwards)...............................straight through a double glazed 6 foot window :( I won't tell you what I called him, but it started with 'F' and was followed by a string of equally bad words :D lol

I divorced him 13 years ago...............I just could afford to keep paying to fix his blunders! lol No, seriously, after the window incident the only tools he was allowed in the hands were a knife and fork and a potato peeler! :8855:

Joiner son won't be needing most of his tools then :giggle:

Why do you think I encouraged a son to be a joiner? Mick is def not a handy man in the DIY department, he once put up two shelves in the bathroom, one lent one way and the other one lent the opposite way, bugged me intensely when I used to have a bath!!!!

When we had the new kitchen I built the cupboards and drawers and my brother fitted it with Mick working as a labourer............he needed the direction :8855:

Hope today has been a good one for you and you not been dreaming of pink tools....................maybe I should rephrase that!!!!!!

Very wise move encouraging one of your brood to become a joiner :D I take my hat of to you! lol

My ex hubby also committed the 'shelf' crime :eek: I had to get the polyfilla out to fill the 6 drill holes that were not, and I quote, "not quite level" ????? Mmmmmmm so the two that he used were what? Level? :8855::8855:

Hello, your absence has been noted.......................hope you OK and not too busy with more DIY!!!

Aplogies for absence :D I bought myself my 3 stone present yesterday................................a flipping brilliant jigsaw! :D:D:D I just had to have a play with it! :8855:

I'm reporting in with a 3lb loss this week :D:D:D That takes my total to 3 stone 5.5lb........just need 1.5 next week and then I can buy myself another pressie :D Dunno what to buy though, it's a toss up between some new walking boots and some new drill bits :D lol

:woohoo: fantastic loss LC..........you have certainly found a plan that suits you :) Wasn't til I read further down that I rrealised what sort of jigsaw you were on about.................suffice to say you sitting with 1000 piece jigsaw didn't quite "fit" with the lady I think you are :giggle: All has now been revealed with the drill bit comment.

Do you need joiner son to come round and offer some tips on how to get the best out of it :8855:

:woohoo: fantastic loss LC..........you have certainly found a plan that suits you :) Wasn't til I read further down that I rrealised what sort of jigsaw you were on about.................suffice to say you sitting with 1000 piece jigsaw didn't quite "fit" with the lady I think you are :giggle: All has now been revealed with the drill bit comment.

Do you need joiner son to come round and offer some tips on how to get the best out of it :8855:

Why thank you Lollypop :D Yes, I do seem to have found a plan that suits me............................I keep finding it every few years - lose a few stone (4 to be precise) fall off the wagon - gain a few stone (4 to be precise lol) - and find the plan again :eek: :8855: This is me for life now - no more yoyoing and mucking about. I want all the fat gone while I'm still young enough to enjoy flaunting it and fit enough to shop till I drop for new clothes :D lol

Contrary to the 'blokey DIY' image I may portray, I do actually enjoy doing the odd 1000 piece jigsaw :D Life in the fast lane eh? :8855:

A visit from joiner son to share tips would be most appreciated :D One can never have too much knowledge and technique :cool: I may also be able to offer him some tips too................:8855:

So would be a mutual exchange of knowledge..................beneficial to all ....................makes perfect sense :):):)

Hi Corky I've finally finished reading your diary.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Tis lovely to read of a like minded individual who has a natty line in power tools. I've done almost all the DIY round my house too. (drew the line at rewiring and the full central heating system) I fitted my kitchen even plumbing in the appliances and built all the bedroom furniture too. I'm on standby to build a Craft storage cabinet for a friend when she's ready for it too cos none of her family can do flat pack. ;) Why is it seen as so odd. My lovely dad was good at making stuff and did DIY when the farm could spare his time and I guess I picked it up from him.

I'll go see what's going on with team tinsel now See ya. :D

emoticon-cheerleader.gif

Tis lovely to read of a like minded individual who has a natty line in power tools. I've done almost all the DIY round my house too. (drew the line at rewiring and the full central heating system) I fitted my kitchen even plumbing in the appliances and built all the bedroom furniture too. I'm on standby to build a Craft storage cabinet for a friend when she's ready for it too cos none of her family can do flat pack. ;) Why is it seen as so odd. My lovely dad was good at making stuff and did DIY when the farm could spare his time and I guess I picked it up from him.

Awww lovely to see you here, although I have to say my diary is quite boring :( lol So glad you share my flair and ability for DIY :D I just love 'doing' it :giggle:

So would be a mutual exchange of knowledge..................beneficial to all ....................makes perfect sense :):):)

It would be very very handy atm if one of your lovely sons happened to be a sparky Lollipop :D I have a kitchen problem of the electrical socket variety :D

When I fit my new kitchen a few months ago, I replaced all the sockets with shiney new chrome ones. Nothing technical or anything that required owt but basic leccy knowledge, as it was just a matter of popping the wires out of the old sockets and into the new ones. Sorted :D Said sockets have all worked perfectly fine since about October/November, but now one double socket is refusing to work, and one socket on another double socket seems to have joined the party! I have absolutely no idea why...........my only clue as to the (possible) cause it that they are the first three on the ring and they broke in perfect order of their place on said ring......if you get mi drift? :giggle:

It will kill my pig, but it looks like I'm gonna have to get a man in :eek: :eek: :eek: It's gonna totally trash my street cred! :8855: What will the neighbours think when they see a tradesman entering my premises?? Ohhhhhhhh the shame of it :D I might have to insist he wears a suitable disguise :cool:

emoticon-cheerleader.gif

I think we should compare power tools PP :D I regularly envy other peoples collections :D One of the pressies I bought myself (I think it was my 2 stone pressie, but not sure :D lol) recently was a Dremil Drill. I would totally recommend him............multi-function is his speciality :D All my tools have names you know.......even the tools that aren't electric have names :D Henry Hammer, Stan Knife............:D

Me and a friend were discussing Stan one day and we were mid way through our conversation when another friend joined us. She joined us at the point that my friend was asking if she could possibly borrow Stan for an hour or two, as she was in dire need of his services. I told her she was very welcome to borrow him and we continued referring to him as though he was a real good person, but who had a bit of a sharp tongue.............a proper stud muffin who could do all sorts infact! lol My other friend just sat there, saying nothing, but I knew she was wondering who the heck Stan was..................until I pulled him out of the toolbox and handed him over! :8855: I suppose you had to be there to appriciate the comedy of it, but she honestly thought I was loaning out a new boyfriend!! :8855: As if I'd go out with someone called Stan :eek: :8855: Just kidding about the name - Stan is a lovely name :D lol

Anyway PP, well done on all your DIY achievements. Tis refreshing indeed, to meet another female DIYer :D I think I would stop at rewiring and fitting a new central heating system too! Although I did remove my old back boiler when I had my combi fitted :D

It's very hard to believe that there are people out there who can't 'do' flat packs :eek::eek:

Sorry to disappoint LC, but I don't have an electrician son, now if you had need of a software programme writing or saving at the swimming pool then I have sons who could accomplish that for you, but electrics............er.............no, tho we do know of electricians who can work wonders for a small fee ................ :)

Even I can flat pack :giggle:

Hello lovely Corkie, I too am /was a female DIYer...love it, hate having to rely on a man....although since accident I have had to do a lot more of that, have decorated my home from top to bottom on more than one occassion, built cupboards/wardrobes/desks etc flat packed and otherwise, tiled window sills, walls (bathroom and toilet) although not the kitchen so far and get very frustrated having to watch others doing jobs that I know I was totally capable of doing myself. I love the Dremil, bought Mal one a few years ago he doesn't appreciate the many uses it has .

Now to your electrical problem, if you haven't already called out an electrician I will ask Mark for you if he can think of anything, he is a qualified electrician (Mark my future son in law that lives with us )and if he can't think of anything I have a nephew who is also a qualified electrician and a brother who has his own construction company who has a number of electricians who work for him, sure one of them can think of something that may be causing the problem.
Take care lovely and I will get back to you later xxx:hug99:xxx

Sorry to disappoint LC, but I don't have an electrician son, now if you had need of a software programme writing or saving at the swimming pool then I have sons who could accomplish that for you, but electrics............er.............no, tho we do know of electricians who can work wonders for a small fee ................ :)

Even I can flat pack :giggle:

LOL Pleased to hear you can 'do' flat pack Lollypop :D I think I would have been rather disappointed had you not been able to :eek: lol

Unfortunately I can swim like a fish, so will not need rescuing :( I have little need of a software programme writing either :( unless he's very very very clever and could somehow program the dogs (implant them with a chip or summat) to do the chores while I'm at work? No? Awww that's a shame! lol

Hello lovely Corkie, I too am /was a female DIYer...love it, hate having to rely on a man....although since accident I have had to do a lot more of that, have decorated my home from top to bottom on more than one occassion, built cupboards/wardrobes/desks etc flat packed and otherwise, tiled window sills, walls (bathroom and toilet) although not the kitchen so far and get very frustrated having to watch others doing jobs that I know I was totally capable of doing myself. I love the Dremil, bought Mal one a few years ago he doesn't appreciate the many uses it has .

Now to your electrical problem, if you haven't already called out an electrician I will ask Mark for you if he can think of anything, he is a qualified electrician (Mark my future son in law that lives with us )and if he can't think of anything I have a nephew who is also a qualified electrician and a brother who has his own construction company who has a number of electricians who work for him, sure one of them can think of something that may be causing the problem.
Take care lovely and I will get back to you later xxx:hug99:xxx

Lily :) Lovely to see you here :D Glad to hear you're gifted in the DIY department too! Up the women is what I say! :giggle: Why men make such a song and dance about it is beyond me :D

Thank you for your offer of electrical help/advice, tis is appreciate xx :D I've sussed the problem out now thanks :) I hate electric......tis the unseen enemy! lol Anyway, I eventually plucked up the courage to turn the leccy off and have a poke around in the sockets :eek: I never trust that the leccy is actually turned off, so I approached said task with massive trepidation and a pounding heart :D Electrically enduced Afros are so 'yesterday' too :D

Anyway, turns out I'd burned one socket out because I stupidly overloaded it (knew I shouldn't have plugged the transformer and hammer drill into the same socket that was feeding the washer and the dryer! lol) And there was a loose wire in the second socket :D So I've fixed one socket, and replaced the other one :D I got someone else to turn the leccy back on and try the sockets though! :8855:

sneaks in quietly and hides in the corner :( as I lost corkies diary and just found it :D x

Hey, no need to sneak and hide :D It's not like I've been making many diary visits lately is it? :giggle:

Lovely to see you though officer bum bum :D Hope all is well in your world :D I shall pop along at some point, but right now I have to go back to my housework and cooking! lol

Well folks, after my booze fuelled bank holiday weekend, I had a STS this week. Very happy with that actually in light of the amount of alcohol that passed my lips :eek: Expected a gain tbh, so like I said, I'm happy with that :)

Had a totally manic 3 days at work. It piles up while I'm not there because the showroom is open 7 days a week and people seem to like car shopping when they're off work :giggle: Still it was worth the manic 3 days in order to have a nice few days off..................to drink :D lol

Right, must get back to de-dogging the house after all the rain and muck we've had! lol

Congrats on your STS LC and :woohoo: goooo you on fixing your electrics..............mind you I would probably have got someone else to test the sockets too!!!!!

Congrats on your STS LC and :woohoo: goooo you on fixing your electrics..............mind you I would probably have got someone else to test the sockets too!!!!!

Self inflicted leccy afro not your style either? :D lol

Hello lovely, well done on sts :woohoo: xx

Omg that brought back some memories talking about the leccy induced perm :giggle: Had my hair permed when i was in my late 20's by the infamous peppermint studios.....shaggy dog perm ...was bloody awful, put me off ever having another lol

Have a lovely evening hun :hug99: xxxx

No, think I'll pass as it didn't suit me first time round :giggle: punk also not my style..........tho dragged through a hedge backwards has its appeal :)

Dragged through the hedge backwards is my look :D lol Like you new avatar LP :D Who are the two hunkies?? Is the short ass in the middle you?? :D

:giggle: that made me laugh Dawn as thats what I thought this morning I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards :giggle:

:wavey: morning Corky well done on STS :D xxxxxx

Evening Office Bum Bum :D

Hello lovely, well done on sts :woohoo: xx

Omg that brought back some memories talking about the leccy induced perm :giggle: Had my hair permed when i was in my late 20's by the infamous peppermint studios.....shaggy dog perm ...was bloody awful, put me off ever having another lol

Have a lovely evening hun :hug99: xxxx

Have a lovely evening? Football???? I'll be needing vodka then! :8855:

Ya know Lily, I've never had a perm :eek: Never coloured my hair either :eek: All I've ever had is cuts! lol I must be sooooo boring :eek::8855:

Back