Countdown to wedding in November

Day 31

Morning all

Booked myself into the the Body Pump tomorrow night and then the Step & Tone on Saturday morning - hope to survive both!

OH said last night that I amaze him with regards to the changes in my shape and my sustained will-power bless him!

I have 3lbs to lose and then I will have lost 8 stone! How crazy is that?! I hope that when people read my diary that it gives them faith that it can be done. I started my journey in late October 08 and I did take about 5 months off the dieting process but its steadily come off through that time.
Losing weight is so much more than simply just shrinking, it changes your outlook on life, it makes you see things differently and think differently. When I was heaviest, I didn't like the world and believed that the world didn't like me but to be honest - it was more that I didn't like myself and I didn't give anyone else any credit for seeing me for more than the fat person that I was then.
Now I can look up and smile at people in the street, I don't have to shudder at the thought of bumping into old friends and the best thing is that I am happy with myself.
I will continue my weight loss and go to where I have never gone before, I think by the time I get there, I will have lost around 11 1/2 stone - scary, thats a whole adult person, its crazy what we put our bodies through but at least I'm on the road to healthiness now.

Madferret - thanks honey, hope you're doing ok on the diet too.

xxx

Morning all

Booked myself into the the Body Pump tomorrow night and then the Step & Tone on Saturday morning - hope to survive both!

OH said last night that I amaze him with regards to the changes in my shape and my sustained will-power bless him!

I have 3lbs to lose and then I will have lost 8 stone! How crazy is that?! I hope that when people read my diary that it gives them faith that it can be done. I started my journey in late October 08 and I did take about 5 months off the dieting process but its steadily come off through that time.
Losing weight is so much more than simply just shrinking, it changes your outlook on life, it makes you see things differently and think differently. When I was heaviest, I didn't like the world and believed that the world didn't like me but to be honest - it was more that I didn't like myself and I didn't give anyone else any credit for seeing me for more than the fat person that I was then.
Now I can look up and smile at people in the street, I don't have to shudder at the thought of bumping into old friends and the best thing is that I am happy with myself.
I will continue my weight loss and go to where I have never gone before, I think by the time I get there, I will have lost around 11 1/2 stone - scary, thats a whole adult person, its crazy what we put our bodies through but at least I'm on the road to healthiness now.

Madferret - thanks honey, hope you're doing ok on the diet too.

xxx

Absolutely fantastic !

Days 32-35

Have to play catch-up as didn't have time to breathe at the weekend!

Friday - went to Body Pump and nearly keeled over, it was SO hard to do but I gave all the moves a try anyway.
Saturday - had booked myself in to Step & Tone at 9am but was too sore from Fridays class to even think about moving my limbs again. Went to my friends for dinner on Saturday night and she was gobsmacked at how much weight I'd lost since she had last seen me which made me feel really good.
They cooked us a bbq which is quite ideal on the CD diet but I did reach for a bread roll and had a small desert but I did stick to water all night.

Sunday - went to the gym in the morning. Went on the treadmill and managed to run for 3 mins and then another 1.5 mins which is such an achievement for me as I haven't run for about 10 years so it was nice to feel that I can actually lift my own body weight off the ground if you see what I mean?
Went to see the in-laws down the coast and had a steak and salad with them but then it all went wrong when I got home......... I was due on yesterday and I was climbing the walls for some chocolate. Normally my head is in the right place and I can normally talk myself out of any temptations but last night, my hormones were doing the talking and they needed chocolate, carbs, KFC, Indian take-away....... I gave in to a Bounty and a Mars and a tiny slice of pizza. I don't regret it and I'm not going to give myself a hard time as normally I am so sensible. I can't say that I am out of the woods yet with regards to my cravings but thankfully I have 'started' today and so I know my hormones will calm down soon.

I did bring a flask of the Summer Berry juice drink to work which has taken the edge off my cravings and I think I may need to get a can of Coke Zero at lunch to keep me at bay. I will also be going to Aerobics tonight to work out my stress.

(just hope no one crosses me today else I will either shout at them or cry - urgh, I hate being this pathetic, OH doesn't mind too much as after I bite his head off, I become all needy so he loves it, lol)- oh the joys of being a woman!

Confession time

Ok, I haven't updated for a while as I hang my head in shame........

I stayed the same on my last weigh-in which was expected with my TOTM. I went to aerobics afterwards and then via KFC on the way home! Tuesday was good plus I went to aerobics but then Wednesday, fell off the wagon. Thursday was good and then the weekend came............

Friday I went to the gym but then also to Asda on the way home. OH was away for the night and I fancied spoiling myself so I reached for the good stuff instead of say, doing my nails, hair etc - grr

Tidied like a woman posssesed on Saturday. Hovering in the heat is really not fun. OH came home and we thought stuff it, lets have the rest of the weekend off the diet and enjoy ourselves. We did have a lovely time together, sitting on the patio with a glass of wine and our dinner, I do miss these times but then the more I have of these times, the longer I am prolonging my weight loss journey.

Got on the scales this morning and it wasn't pleasent but not unexpected. Off to the gym every day this week to shift it as quick as possible!
CDC is on holiday this week and I just saw it as a green light to be naughty.
I was really angry and upset with myself this morning but then, whats done is done but I am never going to let myself go in such a big manner again, its not worth it.

End of confession and heres to getting the gain off as quickly as it came on!

x

Chin up, your back on it which is what counts and it'll come off quickly. Keep your water levels up and if you're 100% the week there is no reason why your loss at the end of it should reveal to your CDC your slip up. Unless you tell her anyway?

Important thing is your back on track.

thanks Cornish. I'm angry at myself for my gain but I know the most important thing is to focus myself now.

xxx

More positive......

well i am feeling in a much better frame of mind today, think I have cracked it.

Went to the gym last night to do aerobics and am going to Body Vive tonight which is my fav class of the week.

Got on the Wii scales and lost 2lbs from yesterday but I realise that some of that is from emptying the food from the weekend. OH lost 6lbs! Grr - thats men for you!

My aim is to be the same weight when I go back to CDC - not a great aim but then I did put on about 7lbs!

There are bl**dy Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the office today - 2x trays of them and they look goregous! Won't surcumb to them though, just looking only lol.

I do feel that the exerise is making a difference to how I look and hold myself. I find myself standing taller (all 5ft 3" of me) and its nice to feel fitter - am even looking at entering fun runs later (a lot 'later') in the year once my fitness is better.

Ciao for now

x

Still going strong....

Wii reports another 2lbs down so I am very happy. OH lost 4lbs and he didn't even do any excerise last night!

Off to the gym tonight, am making OH cycle there against his wishes but we have bought them so I am going to make damn sure that we use them! - will probably regret it on the way home when I am too tired to cycle but never mind!

Still resisting the remaining box of Krispy Kremes, thankfully there are only 2 left so the temptation will be gone soon!

Stay strong everyone

x

Still losing!

I have lost 7lbs since Monday! I am so pleased!

Yesterday my (male) neighbour said 'oh someone's been dieting! He said that his wife had seen me heading off to the gym on my bike and they couldn't believe how much weight I had lost - it made my night! We've only been in the house 2years 4months and I have shrunk by about 8 stone.

Cycled to the gym on Wednesday - OMG, will only be doing it once a week as its mostly downhill going there and so uphill coming back- it nearly killed me!

Off to Body Pump tonight, Step & Tone tomorrow and LB&T on Sunday. We're eating out on Saturday so I have to make sure that I burn off what I eat on Saturday night before my weigh-in on Monday! Think i will have to confess my week off as I think i will weigh the same as I did 2 weeks ago on my CDC scales - oh well! Am still very pleased with this weeks results.

Here's to a sunny weekend!

x

Morning all

Off to see my CDC tonight, think i will have a small gain on her scales so I will have to confess.

Going to see if I can move my weigh-in to Thursday as it fits in more with the classes I want to go to plus any weekend slip-ups should be forgiven by Thursday. I'm not saying that I would always cheat at the weekend but with the wedding coming, we have so many social bits and pieces in the diary now.

Went to Step & Tone - it was brilliant! I was shattered. Sunday morning, went to Urban rebounding which is when you're on a small trampoline - you are supposed to burn around 500calories so its a good class for me to go to esp if I have had to break the diet.

Found yesterday difficult as apart from the class, we were at home all day and its the lack of things to do that leads me to giving in but I stayed strong despite being totally knackered from the morning excerise class. I did have a porridge for dinner as I find them more filling than the shakes.

Anyhoo, will report my results tonight:(

Gained 1lb on CDC scales

Well I gained 1lb on CDC scales which in the grand scheme of things, I wasn't too disappointed. Pleased to report that the Wii says I have lost 2lbs this morning after my aerobics class last night.
Off to one of my fav classes this evening but without air con so I shall be sweating buckets.

Have bro-in-law over for weekend so we will be doing a small bbq but I shall keep away from the carbs as I really don't want to keep yo-yo'ing every weekend.

Am going to have my porridge in the evenings as I really enjoy it and so its easier to down the shake in the morning as I am normally allways short of time so this way I get to enjoy the porridge rather scald my mouth trying to eat it quickly.

Still loving the bars, the chewy ones more so than the crunchy ones. I have an extra third of one an hour before I do excerise else I would keel over.

Stay strong everyone

xxx

Not bad

Morning all

Well yesterday i dropped 3lbs on the Wii scales after doing Tuesday nights class - was so happy!

My old boss stopped in the office yesterday from the US so we all went to lunch - I did have a chicken salad and thankfully still had a small loss this morning so I am back to lowest weight of all now.

Have a challenging weekend. Retirement do at work tomorrow but I aim not to break. Am going for dinner with my best friend tomorrow eve so plan to have another chicken salad. Saturday we are having a bbq so I will make good choices. Plan to go to aerobics or gym everyday in an order to try and combat the food so am planning a gain of 2lb at most.

Finding the dieting easy during the week but with so many social plans at the weekend, its a nightmare but I am determined to stay as true as possible.

x

Shattered

Went to Rebounding last night which is an hour on a mini trampoline - it was shattering but very good. Though it best to have my porrdige at 5pm as the class was at 7.30pm and then I had a 1/3 of a bar afterwards.

Wii says I lost 2lbs though it only registered 1lb loss. Still, am very happy. I do feel a bit down as I get a good weight loss Mon-fri and then interrupt the diet at the weekends and so its 2 steps forward and 1 back...... Still, I have nothing on next weekend and we're away the weekend after so we will be good even though we're away.

Its so funny but even turning over in bed is so much easier now I am lighter and fitter - I know it sounds an odd thing to say!

going to see my best friend tonight, have already looked up the menu and I can choose either chicken or salmon salad - am thinking I will go with the salmon as its been ages since I've had any fish.

Going to the gym after work and then Step tomorrow and then I think i will 2 back-to-back classes to try and work off whatever damage I do on Saturday!

enjoy the sun everyone!

x

Had a lovely weekend, though it did invove breaking the diet but I did keep the exerise classes up so I managed to off-set some of the gain.

I have no social plans for 3 weeks so my goal is get in the 12 stone bracket which is something I have never known in my adult life - I can't imagine weighing 12 something. Its totally doo-able as I have 12lbs to go.

My wedding is 4 months today! Hope to weigh 10 something by then and I shall be very happy! I never thought I would be so close to my ideal weight in time.

Have to stay focused and minimise any damage. Bloody work has LOADS of cakes in, I won't list them incase it starts you drooling but I can tell you that they look GOOD. I'm ok at the mo as there are loads left, my brain only starts to panic when there are a few left and I think I will not get my share, lol

take care everyone

x

2lbs down

Morning all

Am 2lbs down so I have 11lbs to see the scales saying '12' something in 19 days time.

Off to rebounding this evening which is the class which you burn about 500 calories so I have to make sure that I consume an extra third of a bar before I go. Also have to make sure I don't consume too much liquid as bouncing is not so good on the old bladder!

Monsoon sale is on and I am tempted to buy but then I am going through my clothes at such a rate that it wouldn't be worth it.

Have decided to reward myself with a night out with the girls once I see '12' something on the scales. I have hidden away from old haunts since I gained weight and so it will be the 1st time I will have been out in over 4 years - only this time, i will be lighter than I have ever been - can't wait!

Have a good day everyone

x

wow, your progress so far is inspiring, you're doing so well :)

Am shattered

Went to rebouding last night and OMG, the woman was like a drill sergent! my fav class is tonight but I have been going everyday for the last week so I know I need to give my body a rest.

Off to see the CDC woman tonight, am hoping to see a 5lb loss but you never know from scales to scales.

TOTM is looming, I realised this when I had to have a nibble of my bar before 10am this morning! At least I shall be well and truly on the wagon when it arrives so I'm hoping that I won't slip as I did last month - bl**dy hormones!

Thanks Queen - its a long road but my start weight wasn't too far from yours and I never dreamt that I would be this weight again that I am now. It is a struggle but compared to other diets, this shifts the weight quickly so it makes it much more worthwhile - after all, who wants to just lose 1 or 2lbs/week. There will be weeks/days when you struggle or lose the plot, I know i did many a time but remember that its definetly worth sticking with it - the long term goal is SO WORTH IT!

xxx

Lost 5lbs on CDC scales

Morning all!

Well last night went very well and I lost 5lbs on CDC scales - I am so chuffed!
Also TOTM came yesterday instead of this Sunday which means that I am also retaining some fluid which is even more of a bonus.
Am so pleased that this time my hormones didn't get the better of me and I have left the carbs & chocolate alone.

This weekend we are doing the wedding invites which means a whole weekend at home but I think I am strong enough to get through it plus we are away from Tuesday night till Sunday which will involve a pub lunch consisting of chicken and salad but we have to 1st cycle 6 miles to get there so it will balance itself out, lol.

Am in a new pair of jeans and even if I do say so myself, they look good on me! I don't mean it in a big headed way as I'm really not like that but I have waited so long to like what I see in my reflection, that now I can compliment myself and feel good about how I look. OH who is doing Exante wore his 'slim' suit to work yesterday and he looked so great plus he was so happy to fit in it again, I was so pleased for him.

My night out with the girls will be on 27/8 so I would love to be almost in the 11's by then - that would just be AMAZING so I shall really try!

Have a great day everyone and stay positive

x

8lbs to go to mini-goal!

Morning all

Well I have 8lbs to go before I see 12 something - I can't wait! Very pleased that I had a good weeked and managed to stay strong despite being house-bound doing the wedding invites all weekend.

Off to the coast on Tuesday evening so this will be a test for me as I know the OH is looking forward to a few pub meals but I have forwarned him that I want to only have 2 meals over the 5 days and thats only if we cycle to the pub!
Its very hard doing the diet and being out of your normal routine but I can't keep giving in!

Did look up the local gym to go whilst we are away but it would cost too much so we shall just have to make sure that we get our bike rides in.

I have 4lbs to go till I am the weight that I joined the company at, never thought I would see that weight again but if I can do it, anyone can - just never give up on yourself.

Not getting weighed until next Thursday so I really really really want to see 12 something by then so I best be VERY good.

Next goal will be just being 'overweight' rather than obese but I have moved from 'morbidly obese' so to be just 'overweight', I will be so happy!

Have a great week everyone

xxx

Back