Cous Cous Cake

Hmm could well have been too much water in the cous cous, I've not made it before and was kind of guestimating the amount. I'll have to have another go with less water.
i never measure it,but i just put water in to just cover the cous cous,cover it with cling film then leave it to swell and absorb the water:)

:talk017::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Just had cous cous cake with toffee muller light - eaten half already - it was gorgeous!!!!!

Can't wait to try another one - like the idea of lemon and passionfuit!!

Thanks all. XX

Has anyone else managed to "accidentally" eat a whole cous cous cake in a day?

I made my first cake yesterday and burnt my fingers coz I couldn't wait to try it. :eek:Had some today reheated and poured on a vanilla mullerlight. Scrummy. Thanx

Sue

Ooh... and it's all free?
Can you do it with toffee yogurt and how much water do you need?
xxxxxx

GAHHHHH i want to make it now!!!
But alas, i have NONE of the ingredients haha!!

No sorry hun, it won't be free if you grind the cous cous. Have a look in your book and standard cous cous is free but cous cous that is ground and used as flour is synned.

Did you use enough water? I find the texture ok.

Ohh, also - I decided to add some coffee in the boiling water to mine this morning, made it really bitter........... bleugh!!

Yes, I can eat a whole one in a day!! mmm x

Can you use different yoghurt as long as its free and the same size. I've got some Asda pineapple probiotic yoghurt thats free andI fancy trying that.

Sue

Don't see why not Sue - give it a go, I'm sure someone else has used the danone lasting satisfaction yogs and it turned out fine.

Mullers are SOOOO expensive xxx

I ended up making it with a lemon and passionfruit yogurt that needed to be used. Then I put a tbsp of lemon curd in as well. When it was cool I mixed some quark with sweetener and a bit more lemon curd. Yum

Sue

Hello i am new to this site. I have made couscous cake, following various recipes. I have added mashed banana to the mixture, which was nice also some grated carrot(finely) with some allspice to taste, very similar to carrot cake, just alot less fat!

Hello i am new to this site. I have made couscous cake, following various recipes. I have added mashed banana to the mixture, which was nice also some grated carrot(finely) with some allspice to taste, very similar to carrot cake, just alot less fat!

Hi all.....I just made the cous cous cake with toffee muller and a few drops of vanilla essence....

I loved it so much that half is already gone, but my other half said it tasted like a lumpy omelette!! :D

Carrot cake is my fav, so will try with that next

This is my recipe, you have to count a few sins but its really lovely and tasty - enjoy!

[FONT=Georgia, serif]4oz plain cous-cous [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif](free)[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]
3 tbsp lemon curd (4.5 sins)
3 tbsp sweetner (free)
1 tub quark (free)
1 tsp baking powder (0.5 sins)
100ml fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Put the cous-cous in a bowl and cover with boiling water to about 1cm above the top. When all the water has been absorbed mix all the other ingredients together. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Line a shallow dish with cling film and pour the mix in. Cover with a lid/plate and microwave for 10 mins. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Alternatives: swap the lemon curd for marmalade or seedless raspberry jam and the lemon juice for orange juice or liquidised raspberries (strain to remove seeds)[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]½ cake = 2.5 sins on green or easy day.[/FONT]

Back