Cous Cous Cake

i mentioned this cake to a stand in consultant at sw and basically was hit by negative vibes from her saying cous cous was never intended to be used in this way when i explained everything we put into it was 3 was why it still a problem? she had no answer and basically walked off without an explanation!!(how rude!!)im still making it occasionally and i know another member said she was going to make it as well

hello mate....thanks for asking at class

I got this recipe from another web site and they quote that it is free... so i didnt question it.. i have added the link on this thread. if it is full of syns how come i have been eating most of a whole one over the course of a day most days and still losing weigh??...the ingredents dont make you think it is full of syns... it is a mystery.. ??????

I think we should all put our hands over our ears and sing really loudly.

LA LA LA LA COUS COUS CAKE IS FREEE LA LA LA LAAA

I think we should all put our hands over our ears and sing really loudly.

LA LA LA LA COUS COUS CAKE IS FREEE LA LA LA LAAA

la la la ............:airquote::airquote::airquote::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: it is working for me!!!! thanks !!

Hmmmm....sorry to crash but I just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure couscous cake isn't free. I think I read in the book somewhere that it's synned if using couscous or polenta as a substitute for flour. I could be wrong though!

Before I get lynched, I do strongly advocate doing what works for you and tweaking the plan if necessary so if eating couscous cake helps to stop eating a full fat cake and doesn't affect your weight loss, then go for it, I say!

It's one of those things, like lasagne crisps and chickpea nuts. They say if you are using the ingredients in a different way to how they are 'meant' to be used, then you should syn it. Daft if you ask me. Cous Cous is tiny pasta, and you can make macaroni puddings, so why not cous cous cakes? I understand if you are using ground pasta/rice/polenta, in the place of flour, but that isn't what cous cous cake is. It is simply sweetened cous cous.
I think the generally agreed approach is 'proceed with caution'. If you are struggling to lose weight, and eating this regularly, then try cutting back. Otherwise...crack on folks! lol

hello mate....thanks for asking at class

I got this recipe from another web site and they quote that it is free... so i didnt question it.. i have added the link on this thread. if it is full of syns how come i have been eating most of a whole one over the course of a day most days and still losing weigh??...the ingredents dont make you think it is full of syns... it is a mystery.. ??????
hello mate ok?? i think the consultant was talking out of her arse!!and if we re still losing weight eating it then we should do what ginny says and put our hands over our ears and says cous cous cake is FREE

I go on saturday.......yippy.. cant wait... would put you in my case but a bit full with my large clothes... may have room for you when i lose some more weigh and have smaller clothes:):):):)

i ll hold you to that...lol..a next door neighbour has just come back from valencia and said it was nice..bit of a shell shock coming back home as its so cold down here brrrrrrrrrrrr

It's one of those things, like lasagne crisps and chickpea nuts. They say if you are using the ingredients in a different way to how they are 'meant' to be used, then you should syn it.

I think the generally agreed approach is 'proceed with caution'. If you are struggling to lose weight, and eating this regularly, then try cutting back. Otherwise...crack on folks! lol

Agreed!

my consultant tells me its free, i thought those things just bacame not free if u grind the cous cous up then use it as flour. its all to blooming confusing

right I just read my book it says cous cous whole is free on a green day its only when its ground down into a flour consistency that it should be syn'd so my logic is were using whole cous cous the same as we would if we were just eating it with some veg so its free kinda like rice is free but rice flour wouldnt be because its less filling and you would digest it faster

im deffo a member of the COUS COUS CAKE IS FREE BRIGADE!

2 weeks on, how is your weight losses? i am going to make some :)

the only thing that would really worry me, is that mullers with the sweetners in, being heated up. bit like the diet coke chicken, the sweetner becomes toxic once cooked!:eek:

i mentioned this cake to a stand in consultant at sw and basically was hit by negative vibes from her saying cous cous was never intended to be used in this way when i explained everything we put into it was 3 was why it still a problem? she had no answer and basically walked off without an explanation!!(how rude!!)im still making it occasionally and i know another member said she was going to make it as well

she dont know what she is talking about! as Couscous has always been used to make cakes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/chocolatecouscouscak_71433.shtml

she was a stand in consultant im just glad shes not regular consultant as i think we would of come to blows..shes one of those types thats been there and got the bloody t shirt..she wouldnt even listen to any ideas the class had..stupid women..the class went away feeling v negative which is not a good thing..im still going to make it so sod her..

the sweetner becomes toxic once cooked!:eek:

:confused::eek::confused::eek:
You're joking? Got a link to anything about it? I've never heard of that, and I add sweetner to lots of tomatoey things....

Made my first cous cous cake this week but I'm not sure if it was quite how it should be. I cooked it for about 12 mins, but it was still quite moist in the bottom. Couldn't quite face trying it cold either coz it was more of a pudding consistency. Is it supposed to be like that?

Maybe the cous cous was TOO soaked at the beginning. I find that if i cover it with too much water the cous cous cake gets a bit soggy....

p.s. I had a cake tonight and made it with the Ltd Edition Lemon and Passionfruit Muller Light - to die for!!!

:)

Back