Cous Cous Cake

I've just made cous cous cake with the new mullerlight yoghurt (vanilla and dark chocolate bits) and it was really nice (I poured some of the yoghurt over it too before I ate it)

Might have to have a go at this myself later. Think I need some cake today and this sounds like it might just hit the spot. As soon as I get a spare half hour will give it a go. x

I made this once , is it supposed to be soggy, mines was really soggy and yuck, what have i done wrong? xx

Cous Cous Cake.

4 oz plain cous cous
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Muller lite yoghurt any flavour to your liking
4 tablespoons of canderel or alternative.

Cover cous cous with boiling water and let it stand for ten minutes. Whilst you are waiting mix two eggs, baking powder, mullerlite yoghurt and sweetner together.

Then add the cous cous to the mixture. Transfer to a microwaveable cake tin and microwave for ten minutes, eat either hot or cold.

I'm going to make this today - but am wondering what it might be like without any sweetener?
I have a real problem with the artificial sweeteners, you see...

Hmmm...well, it's a bit stodgy - is it supposed to be stodgy?
I used 2 tablespoons of sweetener which is sweet enough for me, and a mandarin mullerlight yog. I also used baking powder but now I'm wondering what it'd be like without?

Hi. New to this forum today, but found it trying to give cous cous cake a go. I made it with choc highlight and orange today (found the recipe on here), but I don't have a microwave! I put it in the oven for 40 mins on 180 and it turned out stodgy and tasted a bit bitter. What am I doing wrong??!

Maybe I should just try the basic recipe first... walk before I can run, eh?

I make a couscous cake of sorts at least once a week.... including my own variation of couscous/chick pea (recipe in recipe section)
I make 2 mini loaves and eat them in 2 days! :)
My next creation will be a savory loaf as I don't eat bread, so will be a replacement.
As soon as I make it, if it works, I'll put up the recipe!

Well I just tried making this with a Raspberry and Cranberry muller, without the baking powder, and it tasted lovely! I might try it in the oven next time though as it looked a bit pasty, lol! It was so nice I had a second slice - with a mullerlight on top, haha!! Something to satisfy my sweet tooth (finally!), and being as it's quite stodgy it will keep me full for ages, yay! :D

Sian xx

I'm confused - How many syns does this work out?? & is it syned on green because of using Cous Cous as a flour substitute??

The book says:

If ground, or used as a flour substitute these foods have a syn value.

Sorry!

It doesn't specify chick peas though so make that cake.:D

Back