Consolidation Couteaux - Consolidation time!! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL! I really needed these posts today. I had a stupid day yesterday and this has given me the gentle kick up the botty I needed ;)

I've been having purely psychological issues with food since getting to target, I have always sabotaged myself in the past and I was heading in that direction again.

I am back in the zone!! I really appreciate the time & info shared Anja - I am going to spend some time today planning out the meals for the week - and stick to them!! :D

The silly think is, I haven't really enjoyed anything extra I have had (well, except for the fresh bread & butter but I will say no more about it...) ;)

So today - PV

Breakfast - Eggs & tomatoes
Snack - Muffins
Lunch - chicken thighs, salad & cottage cheese
Dinner - Lean lamb stew

Thank you again xx It is feeding time at the zoo here with all the little ones up, but I will read your posts again later to keep me on track.

Couteaux, what great advice you have been given by everyone. Well done for asking for help when you needed it. I am sure with all this support that conso will now become much easier and less full of pitfalls. Reading everyone's posts is great for 'us' that are still in cruise and longing for conso, it's no walk in the park and as they all say it is still basically a fairly restrictive diet. I love the rules of Dukan, it's clear and to the point - no real grey areas. Perfect! Good luck with you continued journey, I will be keeping logged in to see how you go! x

Today has felt much better (so far!) I have lost that urge to graze on everything is sight and have dinner cooking slowly in the oven.

Tomorrow will be spent cooking some meals for the week and making a big batch of muffins to freeze.

Thank you again for all the support xoxo

good to hear you're feeling better couteaux. I'm terrified of conso - I'm such an "all or nothing" kind of girl & need to remind myself of all the amazing advice above when I get there!! enjoy those galas though mmm!

Hi Lorlypop - I am very much like that too. I am on a diet or off it. I love the strict rules on Dukan and had worried all along at how I would cope with gala's etc. If I can have a bit of chocolate - I want MORE but can equally happily have none for 5 months if the rule tells me I can't.

I always knew I would struggle a bit with conso but am very relieved I could come here and tell everyone and get myself back on track quickly rather than crawling back after Xmas 1stone heavier! This forum is invaluable and do make sure you post lots in the early days of conso, it is a funny time - as the others have said. Here is where the hard work starts. Eeeeeeek! ;)

I think I will be the same on conso and I'm not scared to admit I'm petrified. I'd quite happily cruise for the rest if my life I think lol

Another good day, I think i just needed that little wibble of eating every carb I could see and see the damage it caused.. 3lbs on but am fine with that.

I spent the morning cooking 8 days worth if muffins and some meals for the freezer. I cooked a chicken for my pp day tomorrow and made sure I had plenty to eat today so no hungry moments.

I've just realised I haven't even had my cheese or bread today! I had a little apple, but wasn't that nice - I'm such a fuss pot with fruit, weird as I am super easy with all other food! Lol

I think I'll get some crackers for the week ahead, easier to have and less likely to over indulge.

So, I'm all set for the week ahead, thanks again for the support :D xox

Great job Couteaux! Sounds like you have everything under control!!! x

Fingers tightly crossed, trudyc ;)

I went to the shops this morning and bought some finn crisp to have instead of bread and feel good on my pp day - hoping it will help to get those extra lbs off from my little excursion off plan...

Breakfast - Chicken thigh & coffee

Lunch - More chicken (I see a pattern emerging)

Dinner - Omelette

Hey well done on turning the corner. You'll be fine. If Apples don't appeal - diversify :) I am having (frozen) blueberries on my morning porridge quite a lot at the moment. I have also cooked 'conso casserole' with pork loin and apples, nice and wintery. And fruit yoghurt (ideally the diet kind) allows for some variety too.

Great to see you're planning now. Any questions - ask away, you can also send private messages as I don't always log in any more.

I have a PP day schaduled for tomorrow myself. Now where did I put that chicken??....

Thats the way to do it, looks like you're back on track again....

But I wouldn't fret too much about 3-4lb variation on conso - thats what I'm getting and I've not gone big time overboard (yet!) I think its just the body readjusting to 'normal' healthy eating and a range of different foods. The day after my 'starch' meal last week - it was whole oatmeal porridge, and yes I did put full cream milk on top, but no brown sugar just sweetener, yum! - I actually lost a pound, but today following my gala meal yesterday (quail, reduced price in Waitrose, made a nice change from chicken), I put on 2lb, so it doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to what I'm actually eating.

I want to be a bit more stable weight wise before Christmas day and then I can relax, its like a see-saw at the moment and it feels distinctly unsteady! Work in progress, as they say.

Thanks Supertonic, that is good to know. I had dropped the 3lbs today after my pp so that was a relief. I am going to try and only weigh once per week after a pp so I don't have the emotional ups and downs of seeing the scales go up.
Re your porridge - great idea!! I love proper porridge, how much did you have if you don't mind me asking? I miss a nice big bowl and I'm very tempted to have that as my starch too! Would be great to know a rough idea of quantity we can have :)

Another good day here.
Muffins for breakfast
Lunch - lamb shank and extra veg, no potatoes (out with friend)
Dinner - chicken and veg soup
Finn crisp and cheese portion

Xx

Good I'm glad weight settled down!
Porridge is old favourite, I used to make it with coarse pinhead oatmeal and half skim milk and water, pinch of salt, difficult to say quantity as I always did it by look.
Last week was an experiment, used oat groats which are sort of whole grain and pretty mega looking. Again pinch low sodium salt, about 2x water, then long slow cook in bottom of Aga overnight, then he presto, lucious soft porridge for breakfast! Worked out ok, so I may try it again.

The reason for the groat experiment was a recipe for something called groaty pudding, (groaty dick!)which is apparently a traditional Midlands/Black country dish with beef, leeks onion and groats slow cooked. Wanted to try it but wasn't sure how the groats would cook. Will have a go at the savoury dish this Friday as my starch meal this week.

I like Finn crisp, must get some as an alternative to bread which I have to confess I sometimes miss out! So much to remember on conso!

I do love my Aga, it's such a comfort

Where's she gone?!!

Have a good Christmas Couteaux xxx

Almost wish mine were small again, its not quite the same at 22 and 20 but we still have a good time :)

Hi all, sorry for radio silence from me, we've had a rather rubbish Christmas here with family problems. Little ones are fine, but major issues with adult step- son. :(

As a result I haven't been focussed on my food but luckily it has mostly been in my mind, so haven't gone crazy at all with what I am eating even though I have had a humongous binge in my head!! The scales have stayed around 11.12/11.13 over the festive period so I am ok with that.

Back on it 100% on Monday and starting to run the following Saturday.

Hope you are all ok, have missed you! Xxx

Back