Consolidation Couteaux - Consolidation time!! :)

Hi all, sorry for radio silence from me, we've had a rather rubbish Christmas here with family problems. Little ones are fine, but major issues with adult step- son. :(

As a result I haven't been focussed on my food but luckily it has mostly been in my mind, so haven't gone crazy at all with what I am eating even though I have had a humongous binge in my head!! The scales have stayed around 11.12/11.13 over the festive period so I am ok with that.

Back on it 100% on Monday and starting to run the following Saturday.

Hope you are all ok, have missed you! Xxx

So glad to see your post and that you are OK. You have done really well on staying the same - wont be long before I need your advice ;) x

Pleased you are steady on the scales, if a little bumpy elsewhere! I've still not weighed in after Xmas, so will approach with some trepidation....

Happy new year, with all troubles (and weight) behind you!

aaaah glad to read you Couteaux... sometimes when real life is going belly up, it's good to be in control of one element of our lives - our eating. (Note to self: reread that regularly!).

:D

Hi Jo,

Well..... The plan was to be back on plan Monday but that has changed to today. Thursday! And now that I have written it here, it must be true, right? ;)

I have had real trouble getting my head back into it, but have noticed when I am having off plan food, I am having much smaller portions and still low on the carbs, so that is a plus.

But, I have been having bits I shouldn't and after I seemed to get away with it over Xmas, I think that encouraged me to keep going. V silly and I know it will catch up with me.

So - Muffins were taken out of the freezer last night, I have a pre cooked meal I made all ready for lunch and I will have a Dukan friendly dinner.

You are right, it feels so much better when we are in control of our eating and it really feels like someone else is telling me to eat rubbish at the mo!

Will weigh in tomoz and have TOM at mo and could just cry getting on scales ;) lol

Ok - I said I wouldn't weigh until tomorrow - and that lasted less than 30 minutes LOL!

I jumped on and am very relieved that I have 'only' gained 3lbs - so back on it and will have that off soon I hope.

Onwards and downwards!

That is such a modest gain, you must be relieved! I hope my Xmas xcesses are equally lightweight she says with trepidation as weigh in approaches...!
You'll have that sorted soon, so well done. Gives me hope mine won't be too bad as well

Thanks Supertonic! I am so relieved (and shocked!) how are you feeling about WI?

I went for my first run today!! Started the C25K programme and it was HARD, my legs were like jelly but I did it, so so pleased :)

Really hoping my body tone and fitness see a big improvement - I am in desperate need of both .

Food wise all is good, glad to be back on plan and eating properly again. Will weigh tomorrow to see how that is going - down hopefully! ;)

It's not something I thought I could do either Chris lol ;)

C25k is a great introduction to running, I started it in January last year and completed it in the 9 weeks. Before I started it I had never even run for a bus in my life. I must admit I was far too embarrassed to run outside at first and started on a treadmill but as soon as I could run 5k I started running outside and never looked back. At the moment I'm running 5k 3-4 times a week but I run every day when we have more daylight hours. Well done I'm sure you will be fit and toned in no time

louschu said:
C25k is a great introduction to running, I started it in January last year and completed it in the 9 weeks. Before I started it I had never even run for a bus in my life. I must admit I was far too embarrassed to run outside at first and started on a treadmill but as soon as I could run 5k I started running outside and never looked back. At the moment I'm running 5k 3-4 times a week but I run every day when we have more daylight hours. Well done I'm sure you will be fit and toned in no time

Hi louschu,

Wow, I hope I get to the point where I can run that much!

Did you notice much change in your body from running?
Was also wondering if you made any changes to your eating once you were running more?

If you've got any tips, I'd love to hear them! :)

I am jealous of your running - I am going to start in a little while when I get a bit lighter - used to run 6k daily when I lost weight before - always in the morning and it really set me up for the day - loved it especially in the rain!! Will tone you in no time. x

I definitely noticed my legs toning up and I have no reservations about wearing shorts and short skirts now. As for food I never changed the way I ate, I was worried that I wouldn't have the energy to run without the carbs and actually stopped running for the first couple of weeks on dukan and planned to start again once I reached conso and reintroduced some carbs. However I missed running so much I started again on cruise and didn't have a problem with energy. I don't ever run more than 5k though so don't need to carb load

Thanks both for the replies!! I am still achey today - hoping that stops after a few runs! :)

I think 5k will be my limit too so good to know nothing needs altering food wise.

Hoping I can do as well as you both have!! X

Today - decided to have my gala in the end. I am only 1lb up on my true weight and thought better to have a gala than just go off it again.

Trying to work out when I can have a mid week run this week, it's tricky with the little ones and starting work so early. It'll work out, just not sure how and don't want to miss a session.

So, first full week back on plan coming up - looking forward to it actually! PP tomorrow, it's been ages since I had one so prob will be a bit of a shock ;) am all stocked up though - no excuses!

Let's see what the scales say on Tues am! :)

Hi,

only just caught up with your diary - WELL DONE!! The running and the weight!
The acheyness in the legs will get better but it will take a little while. Once I reached and settled into the 30 mins routine I found that suddenly my hips started aching, because I was apparently lengthening my stride as I got better at running. But again that went away and I found some extra stretching exercises for my hips which may have helped too.

I definitely have toned muscular legs now, though that was already a result of the diet really, before I started, and so were my arms. But it's not made a difference to above the belt I must say. The post baby bump stays ;-) especially when I relaxed a bit too much food wise over Christmas (kept up the running though!)

I do stick to the ~5K(5.2now) / 30mins 3 times a week still, have just now started increasing it a little (max 10% per week to be safe) to 33mins which translates to 5.8km at my speed.

Energy: I run various times in the day depending on weekdays and daylight/weather and I found: evenings of a PP day can be worst, legs feel tired after 5 mins and I am contemplating cutting the run short all the way, I have stopped after 20mins on one or two occasions. Mornings are fine, 2h after a breakfast of oatbran porridge and egg... I just ran this morning my 'hard' route which includes two railway bridges (Cambridge is pretty flat otherwise!). I once tried soon after a breakfast of only a yogurt and that did not work well at all. Afternoons / evenings on a normal conso day work well too and as Lou said you certainly don't need to increase your carb intake for a normal workout.

Ok, I'd better catch up with the rest of my chores now, keep up the good work, you're an inspiration couteaux!!!

Hi Anja - Happy New Year! How are you? Thank you so much for the tips! I think I will try and keep to running on regular PV conso days and should be able to plan it around ok and keep my PP as a Monday.

Appreciate the advice re food - I ran on empty the first time so need to plan better going forward, I like the idea of porridge and egg!

I am still achey today! lol - looking forward to that stopping and the running getting easier - I felt very unfit on Saturday but also think I tried to push too hard too fast and should have run a little slower, but the only running I have done before is for buses, so don't know a slower pace ;)

I'm due to run tomorrow and will have to fit it in in my lunch break but feel nervous doing it on my own. I felt safe and more confident running with my friend. So silly, it is the old emotions of being bigger and thinking people will laugh at me. I need to remember people have more important stuff to think about than me running along the road :D

I am reeeeeally looking forward to toning up - have I mentioned that before? ;) I just feel so deflated (literally) when I look at my body, it is like the body of an old woman. I know there is only so much running can do, but any improvement would make me feel better about myself at the mo.

Food wise today - It was PP and all has been fine! I did have a few moments of wanting some extras, especially while walking around M&S today - torture! But I keep remembering it is just one day and I am excited to see if it helps on the scales again!!

Breakfast - Piece chicken

Lunch - Chicken thighs

Dinner - Venison steak with cottage cheese and black pepper

Looking forward to PV tomorrow - am my run. Eeeeeeeeeeek!!

Thanks again for all the support. It is much appreciated and is a HUGE help xx

your doing well... on my first C25K run i gave up just over half way through as i couldnt breathe LOL im really unfit and that was on my treadmill.... must try and do it again

Hi Ellie - give it another try! Is there anyone you could do it with? To be honest, I probably would have given up half way if I was on my own, but being with my friend made me push on and I found I could do it.

I just love the idea of actually making running a part of my life and being properly fit for the first time ever!

Go on... Do it!! :D

i live in the middle of nowhere so no-one to give me that push... Ill try again and see of my treadmill can be lowered as its on quite an incline so its like running uphill constantly lol

Ouch! I'd have collapsed if I was running uphill. Hopefully you can get it altered and try again. Hoping I can motivate myself tomorrow when on my own too!

Back