Crisp Addict looking for crunchy snack ideas

Audrey

Anyone got any ideas for a snack that could take over from my crisp addiction? I'm not a chocolatey person, I could go months without even touching it but crisps are one of the reasons im as heavy as I am. I have tried all the low syn corn snacks etc but they just dont have the same crunch that I'm missing, any ideas for something I could try

Anyone got any ideas for a snack that could take over from my crisp addiction? I'm not a chocolatey person, I could go months without even touching it but crisps are one of the reasons im as heavy as I am. I have tried all the low syn corn snacks etc but they just dont have the same crunch that I'm missing, any ideas for something I could try

how about the syn free crisps u make in the microwave?
u slice potatoes up (with the potato slicing bit u usually get on a cheese grater)lol and spray a plate with frylight, put the potato bits on the plate and season and spray again, then put in the microwave for 4 to 8 mins, but keep checkin them cos burnt ones r manky! lol and when thyr browning theyr ready 2 munch :)
i use schwartz garlic italian seasoning on it its yummmmmm

let me kno how it goes :D

since i started SW iv replaced my crisps with veggies. Love pepper slices, carrot sticks, pickled onions etc
Those sliced potatoes sounds lovely will try them on sunday for our movie night :)

crisps

Hi, girl in my sw class bought a mandolin grater from asda for £3 its in a white box. She kept the skins on her potatoes and the grater sliced them really thin. Spray frylight in a frying pan and the edges of crisps go crispy, she had them with salsa dip and said she made different flavours. Have you tried the sw chips yet? i spray mine with frylight and sprinkle nandos piri piri chip sprinkle over them they are hot and spicy, cant believe im on a diet. lolx

WOW WOW WOW is all I can say, just made a few to try them out (will need to buy the mandolin from ASDA as my grater wasnt that brilliant) but I sprinkled some chilli over them, left the skins on and they came out amazing, thanks for the ideas girls, loving them but my husband still thinks I'm lying about them being syn free. Cant wait to make some more tomorrow. thanks again :D

Please please please do a search for these on the forums! There are a lot of discussions, and the general consensus is that this is food abuse, and that they can't be considered as free. They would probably have to be synned, as although potatoes are free, they're had as part of a meal in which you'll be having your superfree foods, too. I understand that the thinking is that you could quite easily have 2 or 3 potatoes worth of crisps whereas you would have one potato with your meal. Please have a look, especially as you are a self-confessed crisp fiend! I just don't want you to sabotage your efforts with the plan. I'm sure Circes (forum member) can shed some more light on this.
I agree with a previous poster regarding swapping for vegetables sliced up so that they're more like finger food. There are also loads of free dips you can make! Alternatively, you can still eat crisps as long as you syn them. It's all about changing the way you think about food, so finding a healthier alternative would be a good idea.

Good luck with your journey!
Xx

Hi audrey, just to let you know the girl at my club told everyone about these crisps including our group leader who did not say you cant have them or that they need to be syned. I can appreciate that everyone is cautious and dont want to give out ideas that may lead to weight gains.I completely spray my slimming world chips with frylight and they are completely syn free so why would the crisps be any different, i fry my bacon in frylight in a frying pan and i have been losing since i started in december 21lbs so far and enjoying every minute of it. Anything that makes this journey easier for some of us i say bring it on!!!!! Im a crisp addict too.x but its good to get all sides of the story and if you are still unsure check with your group leader.

Thanks everyone, just to say I wasnt planning on eating the crisps by the bucket load, but I appreciate what you mean.

Thanks Wiigirl I have given the recipe to my leader to see what she thinks and I've sent it to another girl who used to be a leader with SW a few years ago and she doesnt see any problem with them either as they are basically the same as the syn free chips.

Again its all about portion control, I can make a portion similar in size to a normal packet of crisps and they are less fat etc and syn free.

Thanks everyone :)

Hi audrey, if you are doing the ee plan, click on my posts i have a synfree recipe for carribean meatballs they are really good.:D

wiigirl said:
Hi audrey, just to let you know the girl at my club told everyone about these crisps including our group leader who did not say you cant have them or that they need to be syned. I can appreciate that everyone is cautious and dont want to give out ideas that may lead to weight gains.I completely spray my slimming world chips with frylight and they are completely syn free so why would the crisps be any different, i fry my bacon in frylight in a frying pan and i have been losing since i started in december 21lbs so far and enjoying every minute of it. Anything that makes this journey easier for some of us i say bring it on!!!!! Im a crisp addict too.x but its good to get all sides of the story and if you are still unsure check with your group leader.

I think each leader has different takes on this. If you think about it you wouldn't eat all those potatoes in one sitting and if you did they would fill you up and take you much longer to eat. It is food abuse and your weight loses won't be as good. If you read your book it does say although fruit is free if you have as a smoothie it has to be sinned. Same with cous cous for flour. This is the same method.

Im sure one potato won't harm too bad and my c agrees its just when your having lots and lots in one sitting.

Hope this helps x

Audrey said:
Thanks everyone, just to say I wasnt planning on eating the crisps by the bucket load, but I appreciate what you mean.

Thanks Wiigirl I have given the recipe to my leader to see what she thinks and I've sent it to another girl who used to be a leader with SW a few years ago and she doesnt see any problem with them either as they are basically the same as the syn free chips.

Again its all about portion control, I can make a portion similar in size to a normal packet of crisps and they are less fat etc and syn free.

Thanks everyone :)

The thing with syn free chips tho is a 1/3 of your plate will be Superfree foods it wouldn't just be potatoes xx

Thanks for that, my present consultant just got back to me, she thinks they would be free on Extra Easy as long as it was a regular portion with 1/3 superfree. So when I make them I won't have them on their own I will have syn free dip and veg with them. It would only ever be a small portion anyway, I just need that crunch lol.

Thanks for the help x

Audrey said:
Thanks for that, my present consultant just got back to me, she thinks they would be free on Extra Easy as long as it was a regular portion with 1/3 superfree. So when I make them I won't have them on their own I will have syn free dip and veg with them. It would only ever be a small portion anyway, I just need that crunch lol.

Thanks for the help x

Good plan. Good luck with ur loss xx

ive had them 3 nights this week and ive still lost 3lbs! but i only use 1 potato at a time, but thats only cos i cant fit more in the microwave! xxxx

juicygooseface said:
ive had them 3 nights this week and ive still lost 3lbs! but i only use 1 potato at a time, but thats only cos i cant fit more in the microwave! xxxx

1 Potato won't harm you its when you start eating 10 in one sitting x

Back