Crisp maker

They are supposed to be quite good Hun from what I have read. I love making my own crisps in the microwave and its so easy!

Always a big debate on these ones.

Some consultants say this is not OK on the plan, other it is fine.

I think it comes down to whether a potato sliced and cooked like this is filling or not. The flip side being, surely better to eat them cooked this way than out of a packet.

I guessed I might have to syn it but figured it would be better than a shop bought pack and cheaper!!

seems good for the price :) love my gadgets

I ordered one last week.

I have heard crisps are really tasty made in them, you can do sweet potato, parsnip ones etc too.

I know about the big debate about these too, but unless you are eating a huge amount of them, I can't see what the harm is and how would you syn them anyway, when everything that goes into them is a free food???

Low fat crisps are hard to come by here, so I will be pleased to be able to do a healthier version myself for a snack occasionally.

It looks amazing- I'm very tempted!! Why would you have to syn them? You can just give them a spray with frylight!! If we don't have to syn SW chips, what's the difference?!X

I assumed because of the big debate really and plus I might eat too many haha

Even if you ate hundreds and used 100 sprays of frylight, that would only be 100 calories which isn't too bad surely!!!X

I am a crisp fiend and would really like one too. But, I am put off by it being sent from Hong Kong (lengthy delivery time). As I am impatient, has anyone seen one that you can buy here in the UK?

I am a crisp fiend and would really like one too. But, I am put off by it being sent from Hong Kong (lengthy delivery time). As I am impatient, has anyone seen one that you can buy here in the UK?

i have just had a search on the net and can't find any in the UK either, although I did find a recipe to make Microwave crisps without the little machine

Uncle Bill's Microwave Potato Chips - 47195 - Recipezaar

I think that looks really good! I had one but without the slicer and was put off by all the fiddling slicing and trying to get them the right thickness so that should be quick and easy.

Wendy

after reading this i went to make the microwave crisp, i just put on sea salt and one word LUSH

I still waiting for it to be delivered! Cannot wait...... my evenings no longer need to be ruined by snacking lol

Back