Crisps... what a revelation!

Pinksparklybirdy

I saw today that you can make crisps out of your soup packs by mixing the pack with a bit of water to make a paste, then spreading it into discs on baking parchement and microwaving until they just start to turn slightly brown.

Well the whole concept sounded very dodgy to me, and even when I was making them, my stomach was churning a bit at the thought. However, I have to say that sprinkled with some salt, they were bloody delicious!

I used the chicken soup :)

What a clever idea! I think I might try that tonight :)

Hiya pinksparklybirdy! Tell me this did u just spread them on baking parchment and a plate? Then the microwave! Going to experiment the night!lol x

Hiya pinksparklybirdy! Tell me this did u just spread them on baking parchment and a plate? Then the microwave! Going to experiment the night!lol x

Hi, I just spread them 2 or 3 at a time on Baking Parchment then cook them in batches in the microwave. Just keep a close eye on them so they don't burn... you just want to wait until one of them starts to turn just ever so slightly brown.. they are easy to overdo, so I keep opening the microwave and checking them every 15 secs or so after the first minute or so. You can kind of tell when they are done as they go sort of dry and crisp like to the touch. If there are any soft bits just leave them a bit longer - otherwise the soft bits will be rubbery and nasty!

Lol it's save to say I'm not a very good experimenter lol! Totally made a hashbrown of them!lol x

Oh dear! Do give them another go if you get a chance, they are yummy if you can get them right. Make sure you spread them really thin though!

Back