Cup ??

Discussion in 'Rosemary Conley' started by Ineedtobegood, 21 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Ineedtobegood

Ineedtobegood Full Member

I log all my calories on myfitnesspal and a lot of the items have their calories based on 1 cup - like today was trying to log my snack of blackberries - they said 64 cal for 1 cup so I kinda went by the size of a tea cup and the number I would have been able to fit in - and said I had half a cup !!

Is this right?

PS - I have to be careful - I am that Mum that packs out the Pick n Mix cups when they are fill a cup for £x to make sure I can get maximum value in espec as they are so expensive - I do however make sure that we can get the lid on - put I always put the smarties in last and then give it a shake to let them sink into the gaps !!! Not relevant really to the question I asked but funny all the same - lol - and YES I AM MAD !!! as a HATTER !!!:family2:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tiphareth

Tiphareth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(27.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They are american measurements - you can buy them in this country (I use mine all the time) but a cup is roughly 8floz or 0.5 pints

4. tiggerfan

tiggerfan Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    anyone and everyone
    thanx for that Kate, always handy to know

5. Ineedtobegood

Is it similar to a tea cup size ? (Im thinking english lady china tea cup .....)

6. kindleuser

kindleuser Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley/Calorie counting
    Just looked on my cup measures and one says - 1cup = 250mls = 9fl oz - from America.

The other one says -
    1 cup = 235mls - 8.2fl oz. (that one was from Morrisons)

7. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Grrr it annoys me when it says cup full or plate full. That to me is not a correct amount. I prefer to go by grams or like 1 carrot, 1 packet of crisps at 24g etc lol xxx

8. Ineedtobegood

Definitely agree Stacey !!!

I ahve noticed that when you go online on mfp there are more options howver you have to choose before you know the calories but on app it lists them and tells you the calories...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.