D Day - Monday 12th Jan

Wishing you much luck over the weekend Jim. Not that "luck" comes into it, strictly speaking... you've come a long way already. The worst is behind you. If you get the urge, do ANYTHING else you've always wanted to do.

Remember that an urge lasts 90 seconds only. So you *only* need to distract yourself for 90 little seconds... ok the next one might be hot on its heels, but just 90 seconds again... and then we "forget"...

I shall be sure to check how you're doing on Monday...
Bon wkend!

Day 8

I'm so pleased with myself. I survived the weekend, and a really boozy Friday night session. So day 8 and still smoke free. I actually feel a bit better this morning, still a bit grumpy but nothing compared to this day last week. Onward and upward. :)

Day 8

I'm so pleased with myself. I survived the weekend, and a really boozy Friday night session. So day 8 and still smoke free. I actually feel a bit better this morning, still a bit grumpy but nothing compared to this day last week. Onward and upward. :)

you are doing so fabulously well. You have will power of steel. x

Thanks Nicky, I wish it were true, if it was I'd be able to stop cold turkey. But I am feeling good at the moment. :)

Day 8

Well I've had my lunch and fought off that after food ciggie. So should be OK now until we finish work.

Well done Jim! You are doing really well, not smoking will soon be your new habit!!

Checked out your pics the other day - WOW you have done so well! You look like a new (and much younger) man.

Love

Thanks Barb, I am proud of what I managed and am still managing to maintain. :)

Day 8,

OK, I'm nearly finished here. Another day done, onward and upward to smoke free heaven.

Day 9.

A big step forward today, First day I've woken up without immediately wanting a ciggie. I'm pleased with that. Only 3 nico gums yesterday as well. I'll not have one today until the craving gets very bad.

Day 9.

I'm having a much better day today, I'm well pleased.

Hi nicky, yes love, it has been much easier today for some reason.

Day 10.
Well I was great last night, I only had 2 nico gums all day yesterday. I have found that if I am really desperate a couple of chews and it goes away. Bit messy storing the gum, but hey.

I'm feeling really confident Nicky, If I can get past this weekend's big Party for my Daughter and her new Hubby I'll have it cracked I think.

Day 10.

Well I'm surprising myself today, I feel very relaxed and calm. No tensions, still only had a couple of chews on the nic gum. Onwards and upwards.

Day 11.

I'm feeling really good, I think most of the nicotine must have left my body now. I felt a bit strange for a while last night just before going to bed, my heart was beating like mad and I felt very light headed, but that soon passed.

wow Jim, I think you are amazing, I love checking this thread every day to see how you are doing lol. You have lost nearly half your body weight and now you are quitting smoking, 11 days is fab. You deserve great praise.

Inspirational.

x

Back