D Day - Monday 12th Jan

FABULOUS JIM... I hadn't stopped the "Jim watch", just that I couldn't connect to this darned site! I've been here watching...

You're doing BRILLIANTLY!!

Thanks Joanne. I'm feeling rather good at the moment, I haven't had any gum yet, I want a ciggie but I'm not going to have a chew just yet.

Day 11

OK that's lunch safely over and done with. I'm managing not to over eat, but it is difficult. It's amazing how closely eating and smoking are related. I have had a bit of a chew and I'm feeling fine

I agree with you re eating and smoking. I read that one's metabolism can slow when quitting so I increased exercise (but I'm a lazy so and so, so the best I could manage was to walk 20 mins fast a day)... are you doing anything?

But, in any event, a few pounds will come off easily enough later on... have you tried "chewing" normal gum? (Mind you, as an addict tends to protect, I unfortunately became "addicted" to sugar free sweets during my quit, so ate a rather unhealthy number of them!!)

I'm going for a walk just after lunch Joanne, not much else really, I'm a bit lazy :)

You are doing brilliantly Jim - nearly two weeks done. Keep going, you are inspirational!

Love

Thanks Barb, I'm beginning to feel confident now. :)

Day 11,

well that's day 11 nearly over, 11 days smoke free and it's nearly time to go home. I'm going to hack this I think.

Day 12,

OK get this weekend over and I think I've done it. Hardly any cravings yesterday, only chewed the nic gum a couple of times. I have a very social weekend coming up tomorrow so if I can get through that then I'll be really happy.

Hi nicky,

I haven't had any gum so far today, and it's OK at the moment. :D

Excellent Jim... another weekend... amazing...

AND!!! I've just been to the hygienist and had my tooty pegs cleaned and polished,

Cue gleaming smile :D

Day 15.

I'm really pleased with myself, got through the weekend with only a couple of chews. The hardest times are still after a meal or when I'm down the pub, I seem to associate smoking with those times. But, 15 days and still smoke free. :D

Day 15, OK got the lunch time urges over, haven't had a chew today yet. :)

Hi Nicky, it's certainly getting easier as each day passes.

Day 15 and packing up for the day. I'm feeling great. :D

Day 16.

I had a hard time last night, I suspect it was because I was bored. I ended up chewing 2 nico tabs, not good that's more than I had over the weekend. I'm OK this morning though.

Day 16, after lunch wasn't to bad. I managed to fight of a few minor cravings. I'm back at my desk and feeling fine now. No nico tabs yet today.

Back