Daily Chat - keep in touch thread

Sorry to hear about your loss Fuss.....

Zoso your doing well...just a blip this is the start of a new week so stay strong and shift that pound hunny :)
I hope your all well and have a good week to you all :):) xxx

thank you my lovely, i'm ever hopeful. i'm sure i'll get there. sometimes its hard when i come on here and everyone else seems to be doing so well :(
welcome back xxx

Zoso its all about trial and error....I have now found out that jogging and aerobic exercise made me fitter but didn't shift weight on the scales so its back to a 3.1-3.2mph walk from now on.....

This is a start to a new week so grasp it and stay on top hun xxxxx

you've been doing shed loads of excercise though, havent you? do you think what you were doing wasnt really helping the weight then? i'm trying to do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill before my class. 3.6mph on 15% incline. hoping it helps.
keep up the good work xxx

2 weeks ago I was doing 3.5-4.5 on different inclines ect I didn't lose weight that week........so I went out and bought a polar watch with chest strap.....after putting all my personal details in it set my fat burning zone ect.....last week I stuck to working in my fat burning zone and lost 4lb..........to burn fat you need to exercise at a slower rate and for longer.......so now I do 5-10 mile walks on the treadmill...

You too hun your doing great xxxx

2 weeks ago I was doing 3.5-4.5 on different inclines ect I didn't lose weight that week........so I went out and bought a polar watch with chest strap.....after putting all my personal details in it set my fat burning zone ect.....last week I stuck to working in my fat burning zone and lost 4lb..........to burn fat you need to exercise at a slower rate and for longer.......so now I do 5-10 mile walks on the treadmill...

You too hun your doing great xxxx
sounds interesting sharon. i'll need to look at getting one of them. i put the incline up as it burns off calories quicker.
do you do your treadmilling etc in the gym? our gym machines stop at 60mins as some people were spending hours on them. i'd love to be able to do what you do, but i frankly dont have the time!
added my excercise to mfp this morning but ended up visiting my cousin and her new baby and only just made body pump! :eek: xx

i bought some crumbed ham and was really surprised at how low in fat it was - i really thought it would be a no-no. .

it's amazing what is low and just how much fat is in other foods :rolleyes:

sounds interesting sharon. i'll need to look at getting one of them. i put the incline up as it burns off calories quicker.
do you do your treadmilling etc in the gym? our gym machines stop at 60mins as some people were spending hours on them. i'd love to be able to do what you do, but i frankly dont have the time!
added my excercise to mfp this morning but ended up visiting my cousin and her new baby and only just made body pump! :eek: xx

Yes the incline burns calories quicker but they are carb calories which is annoying.......same as the quicker you go the calories add up....it only burns a small amount of fat......when trying to burn fat you have to workout at a slower pace and for longer......My mate who is a personal trainer made sure I understood the difference of fat burning and getting fit.......after experiencing that week of totally knackering myself out and not losing anything I know the difference now lol

I eat pastrami as its really low in calories

:):)

so, what do you suggest is a decent incline/speed? i can do only between 30 minutes and an hour depending on how busy the gym is xx

I know I work at 3.1-3.2mph as that is within my fat burning zone.....as soon as i incline it at those speeds I am in fitness zone.......so the only way i can incline atm is at around 2.5mph.........I know its frustrating when you work slower but the end results are worth it.......I really do recommend getting a polar hrm then you know what zones you are in hun.......I would work at maximum of 3.3mph swinging your arms as you go.....and for as long as the treadmill is free......slower and longer is the key to burning fat........sometimes I use hand weights on the treadmill too

forgot to say....I have a treadmill at home.........I do between 5-10 miles a day......so at times 3hrs on treadmill xxxxxxxxx

well i'm half a stone heavier than you, so roughly the same i'd think?? would you agree?
might give that a try tomorrow if i have a spare half hour before or after body pump.
thanks xx

would be roughly the same.....my maximun heart rate in fat burning zone is 120 so above that I am in fitness mode.......you shouldn't feel shattered when fat burning...as I say its about slower workouts for longer......the past week I have spent my workouts in this zone with good results....my friend is putting together a fitness plan for weight loss so when i get it I will share it hun xxxxx

hi sharon, just to say i gave that a try tonight for a while before body pump, didn't have much time, but done 15 minutes, then done mostly toning and stuff afterwards, but you're right, i dont feel completely shattered afterwards, plus i walked home the long way from the gym and got a good nosey in my neighbours windows along the way!x

Well done hun......it really makes you think .......aerobics and running are fantastic for maintaining weight....burning high carbs and very little fat..........and to think we can all walk at no cost yet its the best fat burner....I do hope you had a good nose hun lol :) xxxx

ladies, after saying earlier in the week i was abstaining from weighing in this week, i bit the bullet and walked to my local boots. i stood and stared at the scales for a wee minute or two before plucking up the courage. after my 1lb gain last week, i had it in my head i'd maintained or gained, well, shock of my life, lost 4lbs. so glad i was brave.
just thought i'd share! xxx

Well done zoso, that's great! First time posting in this thread but I thought I'd say hello :) I'm not taking Xenical at the minute, I'm doing Slim Fast for a month for a bit of a kick start, then I'll be back on the Xenical after that. But I'm trying to keep posting here often for tips and support, and to keep up with everyone I've got to know :)

Slim Fast is going quite well, I can't believe I'm managing to stick to 1200 calories a day! How is everyone's week been? :)

thanks very much rach i've every faith in you. you'll do well next week.
i'm watching last nights britains got talent and my god, theres a guy on it from my town singing nursery rhymes to a leona lewis song!!! he's actually quite good!

Back