Daily Chat Thread.

haha - and poor me working away too..well, suppose to be :)!!!! On here instead!

Well folks, I said it on my post, but will say it here too......

Our Queen bee and Drones are arriving tomorrow night between 8-9pm! OH laughed when I said, oh, will they be alright at that time..:8855::8855: He pointed out it wasnt dark at 9pm and they would be fine!! So, all systems go...he is off to see farmer Ted to get the area sorted, which isnt sorted and the electric fence putting up too!!! Cows are going to be in the same field shortly, so need to keep them at bay!!

Oh, I am a wee bit excited, but rather nervous too! Neighbour has made a right sarcy comment, but eh, it is on private land so she cant say anything.

Now, a little info for you! When we went to the bee meeting the other day, with LOTS OF FOOD ON A TABLE, not 1 bee (and we were in an area that had around 15 working hives)!!! came to the table. Why, because Bees are not interesting in food...they want nectar and pollin! It is wasps that are scavengers and would have been all over the place if it was September! Now, I didnt know that,,,but there you go...

Bees are only interested in getting the nectar, etc back to the hive for the Queen, that is their only objective in life!!!!! So, never be frightened of a bee folks that what I am saying :)

Oh, can ya tell I am excited!!!

Hmmm - I did know that - doesn't make me any keener, sorry. I'm not a flapper though, I just ignore them. xx

haha- well, I am a flapper, but hoping I wont flap now that I know they wont bother me :)

I am keener than I was, must admit! I was worried and frightened right at the beginning, but I find them the most fascinating creatures ever! Must be getting older :eek::eek::eek:

Good luck with them bees Iris, you're braver than me. I'm a flapper too, I seem to attract them, especially abroad!

Oh im a bloody flapper!!!!! I hate em! You are one brave lady iris!!!! LOL! Although, would love to try some honey straight from a hive!

Saw Jamie Oliver doing it on a programme and he said its just amazing to cut it straight off and eat it like that!

You shall have to put up some pics iris once you have it all set up and running, oh and dont forget the pic of you in the bee suit thingy! :giggle:

Good luck with them bees Iris, you're braver than me. I'm a flapper too, I seem to attract them, especially abroad!

I am a flapper too, but for wasps...and bees wont bother you normally...it is knowing the difference between them! I know now :) So, I suspect it is wasps that annoy you, as they are the ones that come round the pool, etc! yes, they love me too Bev!

Eh, you are doing really well..been looking for you WI post, but cant seem to find it! Maybe I am missing something..but you are doing incredibly well!!!! Half your weight gone already! WAW!

Oh im a bloody flapper!!!!! I hate em! You are one brave lady iris!!!! LOL! Although, would love to try some honey straight from a hive!

Saw Jamie Oliver doing it on a programme and he said its just amazing to cut it straight off and eat it like that!

You shall have to put up some pics iris once you have it all set up and running, oh and dont forget the pic of you in the bee suit thingy! :giggle:

As above Tanya..haha.....yes, once all set up, I will take a pic, but it will be with the OH in the bee suit..at £150 I think I will wait to buy mine..my friend and I are going to buy one between us; as we are roughly the same size! I say roughly quite loosely...haha..

Thanks Iris, not quite sure where that 6lbs went to this week but a few more of those and I will be refeeding much sooner than I thought.

AH but here's me now facing a bit of housework before heading off to take my mum to 3 appointments she's got this afternoon - while you're both sleeping ..... SIGH!!! ;) xx

How did she get on at her appointments Jan?

haha - and poor me working away too..well, suppose to be :)!!!! On here instead!

Well folks, I said it on my post, but will say it here too......

Our Queen bee and Drones are arriving tomorrow night between 8-9pm! OH laughed when I said, oh, will they be alright at that time..:8855::8855: He pointed out it wasnt dark at 9pm and they would be fine!! So, all systems go...he is off to see farmer Ted to get the area sorted, which isnt sorted and the electric fence putting up too!!! Cows are going to be in the same field shortly, so need to keep them at bay!!

Oh, I am a wee bit excited, but rather nervous too! Neighbour has made a right sarcy comment, but eh, it is on private land so she cant say anything.

Now, a little info for you! When we went to the bee meeting the other day, with LOTS OF FOOD ON A TABLE, not 1 bee (and we were in an area that had around 15 working hives)!!! came to the table. Why, because Bees are not interesting in food...they want nectar and pollin! It is wasps that are scavengers and would have been all over the place if it was September! Now, I didnt know that,,,but there you go...

Bees are only interested in getting the nectar, etc back to the hive for the Queen, that is their only objective in life!!!!! So, never be frightened of a bee folks that what I am saying :)

Oh, can ya tell I am excited!!!

Oh I hope the poor wee cows dont get electrocuted too often.

Interesting to find out more about the bees Iris.

Hmmm - I did know that - doesn't make me any keener, sorry. I'm not a flapper though, I just ignore them. xx

I am a big flapper and I squeal :8855:

haha- well, I am a flapper, but hoping I wont flap now that I know they wont bother me :)

I am keener than I was, must admit! I was worried and frightened right at the beginning, but I find them the most fascinating creatures ever! Must be getting older :eek::eek::eek:

Would definitely rather have a bee than a wasp.

I got stung with a wasp on the stomach about 6 years ago in Greece, then the following week I got stung on my left hand (still in Greece) by the time I came home, I had to get my wedding ring, engagement ring and eternity ring cut off as my whole left arm had swollen really badly. (Thankfully my stomach didnt swell as badly as I was fat enough :8855:)

Yes it must taste delicious.

Okay thanks Mary - needs to have a cataract op but as that should improve her quality of life we're seeing it as a positive thing. :) xx

Thanks for asking :) xx

Oh thats good then, what a difference she will find once she has them done.

You have to be careful though, she might see all the nibbles you take from her kitchen in the morning once she has had the op!

Hadn't thought of that!!!!! (B****H) :( xxxx :) xx

Wine?! :eek: Mr smirnoff will not be pleased with your mrs! hehe

Yes I know that, but...........Wine is really nice too, I am sure they can get along together, just not on the same nigth, iykwim.

Sometimes, they do have fun on the same night! :rotflmao: :p

lol!! Know what ya mean ... blreeuuuuughhh!!! :) xx

Don't think either Mr Smirnoff or Mr Grigio have any need to worry just yet!! :):):) xxx

Thanks Iris, not quite sure where that 6lbs went to this week but a few more of those and I will be refeeding much sooner than I thought.

You are doing brilliantly Bev!! Cant wait to see you refeeding!

Okay thanks Mary - needs to have a cataract op but as that should improve her quality of life we're seeing it as a positive thing. :) xx

Thanks for asking :) xx

Yes, she will definately have improved quality once she can see much better....bless!

Oh thats good then, what a difference she will find once she has them done.

You have to be careful though, she might see all the nibbles you take from her kitchen in the morning once she has had the op!

:8855::8855::8855: Oh, that did make me laugh!!! Mary, you are cok yaramaz!!!!

Back