Daisy's Diary!

Bring water to the boil turn it down to a simmer, salt the water (just a little to taste) swirl the water clockwise to form a whirlpool then gently drop the egg in the middle of the whirlpool!! Xx

I've never had much success with the 'swirling' bit. Perhaps I swirl too hard! I've read about breaking them into a ramekin and then putting the ramekin into the water - supposed to be foolproof. My vote would go for scrambled though.

emmaedes said:
Ooo I love poached egg but can't cook it to save my life! We even have speciall holders for the eggs but I always like drown them and ruin them!! You can get special pans for them! May have to get one! Xx

I have the special pan,OH has used it unsuccessfully and I've not tried lol

nessa123 said:
Bring water to the boil turn it down to a simmer, salt the water (just a little to taste) swirl the water clockwise to form a whirlpool then gently drop the egg in the middle of the whirlpool!! Xx

You make it sound so easy lol

moonwatcher said:
I've never had much success with the 'swirling' bit. Perhaps I swirl too hard! I've read about breaking them into a ramekin and then putting the ramekin into the water - supposed to be foolproof. My vote would go for scrambled though.

Haha scrambled is a lot less hassle!

moonwatcher said:

Lay a piece of clung film over the ramekin, crack in the egg. Bring water to boil while doin this :) then pull all corners of film together m twist so it's kinda like a bag (so the egg can't get out) drop yer little parcel into boiling water. Leav fir 3 r 4 mins. N eat :) helps if u drain the water first tho lol

My two cents on poached eggs... I have a microwave container that does them! They always come out perfect and lovely and round! :D

Lay a piece of clung film over the ramekin, crack in the egg. Bring water to boil while doin this :) then pull all corners of film together m twist so it's kinda like a bag (so the egg can't get out) drop yer little parcel into boiling water. Leav fir 3 r 4 mins. N eat :) helps if u drain the water first tho lol

Might have to try this. Think I need to get some more bacon, or even better, smoked salmon, first!

I could never get them right with a poaching pan. I now have silicon poaching pods and they are perfect. Have one for breakfast most mornings

bulldogdaisy said:
Oh maybe I should give it a go sometime :0)

Half fill pan with water. Spray pods with fry light. When water boiling put pods in holes, add eggs put lids on. I leave mine 2 1/2minutes as I like them runny. I keep checking them though. Perfect everytime. I tried the silicon pods but never got them right as they sank or stuck and the microwave ones made it just too hard or exploded - and in the pan well I had a pan full of white and a tiny seperated yolk!!

Morning daisy xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back