Daisy's food log...

50? I thought it was a 40th birthday cake?

50 cup cakes for the number of guests stacked round a 40th cake - nightmare!

OK - so for some reason last night when i was making the cupcakes i decided to try one - and another and another....

daft thing is im not actually keen on plain cupcakes - and have no idea why i did it! i was sort of saying to myself, oh well have blown it now so i may as well pig out - not something ive really done before even pre LL!

i'm hoping it was a one off.

ive been at a conference down in Bristol today with people i haven't seen for about 3 months - and ive so many positive strokes my head is the biggest its ever been - or should be but i feel bad for last night - a bit of a fraud!

anyway, food log for today... was great at lunch as they had steamed fish, red cabbage,salad etc, so i ate 'normally' with people at a conference for the first time in ages! - resisted the puds and had a nectarine i'd bought with me instead.

it was an early start for me and i stopped en route with the intention of eating my yoghurt - but i hadn't bought it with me so had a food doctor bar - 117 cals, not on plan but i'm hoping an ok substitute...? i know dried fruit and nuts aren't allowed til later so it wasn't good really, but i needed something as i was losing concentration driving and it was the best thing on offer.

i'm actually really missing seeds and nuts as not eating meat i get a lot of protein normally from this source. i'm really looking forward to ending RTM so i can base meals on nutrition/calories a bit more

Breakfast​

GRAPES Green
The Food Doctor BARS Apple & Walnut

NECTARINES x 2
Lunch​

COD Poached
PEAS

Cabbage red
APPLE
Total YOGHURT Greek, 0% Fat

LL lemon bar

MIXED VEGETABLES

approx 850 cals

hi
just been to my first RTM meeting- was good, only 2 of us and the LLC but after 5 weeks of no meetings i feel a bit more refocussed now.

i had STS which was great after the lapses and glastonbury.

made the carrot and coriander soup from the recipe book - only took 5 mins as i grated the carrots in the magimix so they didn't need much cooking

daisy x

Hi Daisy

Glad you went to a meeting and are getting more focused again. I love carrot and corriander soup - what's the magimix? xx

OMG
thats it
no more wine!

OK so just got in from my mates40th do - had kids with us and littlest one was dropping - just as well as i could have ended up extremely drunk

Im so relieved - after june being sooo busy there are no more 'events' now, which is just as well as i feel i have really gone off the rails the last week or so

i had been really good all day...
then

had a fairy cake - just to see if it tasted ok ( i didn't want to poision all the guests!)

i had 2 small glasses of wine ( which i am officially now allowed) - and no food til 9pm by which time i was starving!

I had ordered the prawn salad with no dressing - it came as prawns in marie rose sauce - but it was so busy in the restaurant - and by this time i would have eaten a scabby horse - so i said nothing, and ate about half of it.
my son had mushy peas which he didn't eat so i ate them ( not sure if mushy peas are on week 5 RTM?)

i then had a mouthful of lemon meringue pie, a mouthful of death by chocolate and a litle biscotti which came with the black coffee

i also had another fairy cake

and now just had 4 squares of galaxy at home

the last two items are the things i'm cross about as i did not need or enjoy them - the wine 'made' me have them

so - things i have learnt....

alcohol is best avoided if food is available
i didn't enjoy the crap - so why bother

in future - when not on management i will order something i like, and eat less of it - the prawns were yuk and i don't eat out often so i will choose a healthier option, but one i like as i felt disappointed so ate crap

i can just have a taste of pudding and be satisfied, which is good ( even tho i shouldn't have, i want to be able to do this in the future and proved to myself i can)

-thats it - no more pushing the boundaries...
all the events are over now

i am going to just have packs tomorrow and maybe some fruit then get back ontrack on monday properly

daisy x

Oh forgot to say - the magimix is my new toy - a super duper food processor (i treated myself, very expensive, but bloody fantastic!)
daisy x

have posted a few new pics in my album to try and keep me on track

i am also setting myself a couple of mini goals for tomorrow

10,000 steps

4 packs to eat plus a yoghurt and 2 fruits

(then back on week 5 plan on monday)

daisy x

Hey Daisy. :)
I can tell you're struggling a little bit... But remember you are either ever "naughty" or "good" in your head.
You seem to be very much spiralling into the guilt cycle, making excuses to have something (I.e. and I quote: "had a fairy cake - just to see if it tasted ok ( i didn't want to poision all the guests!)") ... realistically OF COURSE they would have tasted ok, because you know you're a great cook.
You recognise the pattern of thought, then why give in? There are always choices. Always. You are the one in control as well.

But;
Lets go through this. ... We see the fairy cake. You start wondering what it tastes like, there are so many after all, and you made so much effort in making them. Surely you deserve one?! But then GUILT for even thinking this. But I'm not ALLOWED them yet on RTM. I'm not supposed to... ... But I made them! How do I know that they're not POISONOUS! I must try. No, no, you can't. YOU CAN'T! But I have to make sure, and they look so inviting... ... then you have the fairy cake. Then the voice which convinced you goes away. And only the guilt is left. Oh well, it's over now. It's over, and you can start again tomorrow. Yes. Tomorrow I'll have an abstinence day. Nothing for me. Today is over, I may as well give up for today and enjoy my misery and failure because I'll make up for it tomorrow. ...

Does this seem like healthy thinking? Now. Don't get me wrong. ONE fairy cake is ok to have! It is ok. However, it seems that the sugar within it gave you that sugar high, and then the sugar low which inevitably made you feel much hungrier than you would have expected. This hunger is unfamiliar to you because you'd been in ketosis for so long, we didn't experience this to the same extent on LL. Now it hits HARD. Physiologically you need to be aware, that fruits and especially sugary foods will be very hard for you to handle at the moment: they will wreak havoc with your blood sugar levels which in turn will inevitably produce hunger pangs, over production of stomach acids and other organ 'over-clocking' to compensate the sugar low.

I find these sugar lows and hard hitting hunger pangs quite hard to handle at times; but I know they will go away after a while, so I try to stick it out. I have my meals at set times, and never allow myself to pick between meals. Schedule your meals, time your snacks. Even though I'm not "dieting" anymore, I still don't allow myself to pick at anything - because it sets me up for bad habits. If I'm hungry then I should have a meal. HOWEVER, if it's not "meal time" yet, I wait for it. I set a time, if I'm still hungry in lets say 30 minutes, or an hour after a long drink of some beverage then it's true hunger.

The point of RTM isn't restriction, it's setting good habits after trying to erase the old bad ones. On a "blank slate" it's easier to see where we went wrong before.

So, please Daisy... At this point, I would urge you NOT to have an "abstinence" day. Start tomorrow as you would on a normal day of RTM Week 5. Plan your meals according to your guide book, maybe plan a few dinners and snacks for the week ahead. Do like Splenda and BL do! Make some dinners and freeze them. It sounds like a great idea. That way you can't stray away. :) Never punish yourself - that sets you up for bad patterns for the future.

I'd say: well done for recognising where you are seeking some help, well done for writing it all down here. You are learning what we all have had to come to terms with; and that is the most important:

Being honest with yourself.

And that sometimes is the hardest thing of all.

:hug99:

thanks - i have only just got out of bed (10.30am) which is the longest lie in i have had for about 15 years!
my hubby got up at 5am as he has had to work down in london and the kids slept til about 9 as they were up late, my son has been entertaining my youngest so i have just slept til now.... and i think i needed it!

i do feel as if i have been burning the candle at both ends the last couple of weeks and as i work full time and its been a really busy month and my husband works away all week it sometimes does get a bit much.

i have lost focus with LL a bit as my LLC has been off for 5 weeks- coinciding with starting RTM, lots of weekends away and the busiest time at work!

I feel today like things have cleared tho as i had my LLmeeting yesterday, work is calmer and there are only 3 weeks left til we break up for the summer hols and the party last night was the last thing i have in my social calendar for ages.

so, i have taken stock
i'm going to plan my meal then go shopping this afternoon - maybe do some batch cooking - or at least have menus planned and shopped for.

i will prob have 2 very light meals - as i do feel the need to treat my body kindly after the last week!

daisy x

breakfast - the most delicious omlette ever

1 egg
1 mushroom sliced
4 baby plum tomatoes
2 okra fingers
fresh coriander from the garden
handful of freshly sprouted seeds from my windowsill ( just produced my first ever batch - delicious!)
bit of smoked salmon
salt and pepper

Yuuuummmmmmmmy! ( could really have done with 2 eggs , but still held together ok)

lunch:salad nicoise
salad out of the garden
half a hard boiled egg
2 cherry toms
25 g tuna
sliced green beans
4 black olives
balsamic vinegar
chopped anchovie

greek 0% yog
5 cherries
2 slices honeydew melon

Last edited:
:) Sounds lovely Daisy!

I have an omelette nearly every morning using 1 egg - it's more than enough! I usually add a tin of sliced mushrooms (15 calories for the whole tin - can't go wrong! :D ), fry the mushrooms first with some herbs or galic or whatever, then add the egg mixture and let it cook. :)
Sometimes I add about 80g butter beans instead of / with the mushrooms - it keeps me going for a good 4-5 hours without needing anything extra! Or I just experiment with chickpeas, or adding about 10-20grams of Porridge oats to my single egg and milk mix. Breakfast really doesn't have to be boring!
Sugary cereals now that I think about it, never gave me the feeling of fullness for as long as a good protein breakfast does. Something warm, and fullfilling is what we need! :D

I can't wait til i can have beans and lentils, seeds and nuts again as they make up a big part of my diet and i'm really missing them!

the omlette was big enough - too big really which is why another egg would have held it together better ( or maybe i need to just lesson my quantities of veg!)
daisy x

Or you could do vegetables seperately and drizzle them on top of the omelette! :D I did that today - it was quite satisfying as a meal - all the seperate things, textures, tastes add to the 'satiety' factor. :)

well done daisy , bless ya , youve been round the houses this week havent you :0) both phyaically and mentally . but seriously well done for refocusing and getting yourself on track after the hectick social weeks youve had.
management is so hard , mmm choices with bounderies:0) give me abstinenece any day :0) xxxx

Ok- so i have been a bit rubbish at posting my food on here the last couple of days, but i have been on track.

ive had omlettes each day - smoked salmon, beansprouts, mushrooms and okra

made a veg curry yesterday and had rest today

a couple of greek 0% yogs per day

fruit

LL bar each day

LL shake each day

Its filling me up nicely and i'm 100% back on track

just need to do some excercise now, lol!

daisy x

Well done Daisy. So pleased you got back on track. The omelettes sound lovely. I think they will become a staple for me from week three.

Ohh listen to me. It's going to be at least three months before I even start RTM!! :eek:

never too soon to start planning!
daisy x

Well done on getting back on track Daisy

well done daisy xxx

breakfast -2 small eggs scrambled with smoked salmon and worcester sauce

Mid morn - apple

Lunch- LL fruit bar

Afternoon- 3 dates, 5 cherries and total 0% greek yog

Dinner - sweet potato microwaved then cubed, garlic, mushrooms, pak choi,tinned tomatoes all dry fried in frying pan for about 5 mins

Late - will have a shake or porridge and handful of frozen summer fruits

Back