Daisy's food log...

well just back from weigh in - only put on 1lb so quite pleased really.

am now 8.12 - about 4lbs over where i would like to be, but still inside my 'box' so am happy for now.

daisy x

I think you have it! Well done Daisy.

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time and sounds like you were pretty sensible without being overanalytical.

hi t-i
only just seen the other message from you!
also just noticed your bmi - you are doing so well - nearly there, you must feel really pleased with yourself?!
daisy x

Hi Daisy

Thanks. I'm probably a bit too pleased with myself as my head is constantly challenging why I'm still on the diet. I have struggled for a few days, but stayed strong so far and this evening has been easier.

I really really do want to have a healthy BMI and be within a range for maintenance that will see me stay within the healthy bmi. Why do I find it so hard to stay abstinent now? It seems like a constant battle with those inner voices. I have had quite a few folk say I have lost enough now and should stop. Maybe this is having an impact. Whatever, I have no intention of giving in.

:)

good on you! keep going, you are so nearly there!
daisy x

hi
just realised how rubbish i am at keeping this up to date!
my week has been ok food wise - i haven't been logging everything, which i think i still need to really.

excercise wise ive been doing well - most days over 10,000 steps, a wii personal trainer session, an aerobics class at the gym and 3 jog/runs on my 'couch to 5k plan'

i have cooked some great food this weekend - lentil and chickpea dhal, barley risotto with roasted squash and leeks and a fab warm salad with lentils, quorn sausages, avocado,egg,sweet peppers and spinach

i had a couple of 'lapses' in the week - nothing too bad.

i have had some rye bread - quite nice. not tried 'real' bread yet even tho i can this week.

ive had a totally alcohol free week after drinking nearly every night the previous week on holiday

i am a little concerned about my weight tho:

my clothes still fit, but are def getting tighter round the middle

the scales are rising - i'm now 8.12 first thing in the morning and they have crept up to 9.1 at night

at my lowest i was 8.5 in the mornings, so that means i have put on 7 lbs approx.

its weigh in tomorrow so i will be interested to see what the LL scales say - i reckon it will be another 1lb on

so when should i start to get worried?

at 7lb i reckon my glycogen is back on.

i'm doing a good amount of excercise - realistically i'm not going to be able to do any more and keep it up

i'm eating about 1600 calories a day - again i wouldn't want to eat less really or i would feel restricted, i'm hoping to be able to eat 1700 a day at the end of RTM - maybe more on excercise days or at weekends, if i have excercised during the week

however, if i keep on putting weight on then i'm obviously going to have to rethink this....

any ideas folks, i really want to crack this

daisy x

ups and downs - that's life

Hi Daisy,
My advice would be not to get too hung up on all this. "Normal " people fluctuate with their intake and weight. Just like you, they keep an eye on it.
After RTM I found it becomes easier. You have the control yourself rather than being dictated to about what you can eat.
When I did RTM I knew what some of my triggers were so I have never re-introduced them (bread, potatoes, bacon and cheese, butter etc.) I've found alternatives so I don't feel denied or hungry. I've just learned to enjoy a different way of eating.
If there's something I really want that I know is dangerous I've made myself
"The 2 Rule". I'll have 2 spoonfuls or 2 squares of chocolate or 2 small glasses of wine or whatever so I don't feel sorry for myself.It works for me.
Like you I have a "box" of 7lbs.If I'm inside it I'm happy.
Don't panic!!! You are doing fine. xxx

the 2 rule

Keep up the good work! I'm just starting Week 6 of RTM and am still losing about 1lb a week - not doing a lot of cooking at the moment still mostly Fish/Meat/Cottage cheese + salad. I think I need to get a bit more adventurous

well food today has been a bit random...

had a banana and some bran cereal for breakfast
50g grapes and a total 0% yoghurt mid morning
LL bar at lunch
apple mid afternoon
LL bar after weigh in
2 scrambled eggs and beans
total 0% yoghurt
go ahead bar

1500 calories

because i went out and ended up staying out longer than i had planned i ended up eating at strange times and not having a 'proper' meal with veg etc

never mind, will do better tomorrow!
daisy x

Daisy... bit of a 'bar' day... and I see the Go-Ahead bar is making a reappearance....

Well done on the exercise. I'm impressed. xx

hi t_i
yes i did overdo the bars yesterday!
it was down to bad planning tho.
i had my bar for lunch as planned then went out to a friends. we stayed longer, and kids had tea there. i was really hungry having only had a bar at lunch so had the go-ahead at tea (it was the best option she had!) and by the time we got back i had to rush out to the LL meeting and had the LL bar there as i was hungry by 7pm.

so i haven't bought any go-aheads, it was my friends so doesn't count ;-)!

daisy x

Ah - I'll let you off if it was a friends go-ahead LOL. Hope today is going better on the food front.

First day at school for my youngest so I'm very distracted! Funny, but I haven't thought to turn to food at all. That would normally be a means of passing the time for me. Wandering around the office instead and distracting others :eek:.

I'm skivving off early to be at the school gate for when she gets out so I can hear all about her day. From tomorrow she'll be in after-school club every afternoon with her sisters.

hi there
well had a mad weekend at V - food went out of the equation completely - i had a jacket potato, beans and cheese on sunday 4pm and that was it all weekend!

calorie wise i made up for it tho with many pints of lager, barcadi mojitos and various other alcoholic beverages!!!

hmmm - me thinks i might be getting a bit old for this, lol.

that said, its only once a year - i'm much more sensible at other festivals!

anyway, trying to get back on track now - but off to see friends in london tomorrow til the weekend then going out for a meal, so i do have to be careful.

im looking forward to getting back to work september 7th as then i can get a bit of normality back. i usually put on at least half a stone in the six weeks holidays so i guess less than that is a bonus!

daisy x

Glad to hear you had such a fab time Daisy. You really deserve it. Where will you be in London, try to get to Westfield if you can absolute shopping mecca!!!!

Jez
xx

Hi Jez
unfortunately there will be 5 kids - so shopping is off the agenda.

my hubby worked on the westfield centre and says its absolutely huge! i would love to spend a few days there...

think we are off to hampton court palace to some tudor thing, which i'm sure will be good (my friend lives teddington way)

shopping will have to wait, lol!
daisy x

Jezzy - Westfield is amazing! I live about 20 mins away on the bus from there. Lol. And not far from Teddington/Hampton Court. Scary!

:)

Daisy - it's all about balance! I'm glad you have a fabulous time, but never worry over a few pounds here or there. During a month/year 'normal' people go up and down naturally around certain 'events' of the year - lets say Christmas. It's all about learning to be sensible, and I know you're definitely on your way there.

x

Hampton Court is just as lovely Daisy, I used to work there, be sure to have a look at the Tudor kitchens they really are incredible. Everytime I walk round the palace ( I am there pretty often to do events still) I get such shivers when I walk round thinking of all the people that have trod on those stones before me. The gardens are also lovely.

Min, if you ever fancy a shop at Westfield let me know, I am dying for a partner in crime for a little shopping session there.

Jez
xx

Hampton Court is just as lovely Daisy, I used to work there, be sure to have a look at the Tudor kitchens they really are incredible. Everytime I walk round the palace ( I am there pretty often to do events still) I get such shivers when I walk round thinking of all the people that have trod on those stones before me. The gardens are also lovely.

Min, if you ever fancy a shop at Westfield let me know, I am dying for a partner in crime for a little shopping session there.

Jez
xx

I got the shivers when I went to Hampton Court as well - thinking that exact same thing... How many people, how many different generations under all sorts of circumstances had seen those walls. Touched them. ... Argghh. Such concepts are truly quite mind boggling...

As for the shopping!... Well, I'm actually not the sort of girl who LIKES shopping! I know it's unthinkable! I am usually like a man - I know what I want, I run in and get it. Lol. If anything, I enjoy having a really long walk around and assess my options and just to know what's out there. My boyfriend actually has to DRAG me shopping because I never have anything nice to wear... :rolleyes: Then again I have no idea how to make myself look presentable either... Been fat too long to know HOW to dress! I dress like a grunge tom-boy... You know the drill, baggy faded flares, skate shoes and a t-shirt...

Maybe I need some style advice! :cool:

:D

hampton court palace was good - kitchens esp
henry 8th was there marrying kat parr - all dressed up, really interesting

my friend who i was staying with was following carol vordermans detox so i ate mega healthily!- she kept apologising, but it was great.

the recipes in her detox book are really nice - esp as they are all veggie - so i have ordered a copy from amazon and plan to eat my way through them all - not following the detox plan - adding in other stuff such as breakfast etc, but the principles are sound.

also tried some gluten free bread and cakes which were nice and i might look into this a bit as although i don't need to avoid wheat completely, i think cutting down might be a good thing

i'm really at the end of RTM so should move myself over into the maintenence section after this weekend - have 'final' weigh in on monday

scary stuff - out there in the real world now...

daisy x

Well done Daisy on completing RTM, with the ups & downs that you have been through, I am sure you will be one of the successful maintainers.

Thanks also for this whole thread, which I have found really useful for my RTM journey :)

Mel

Back