5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
700 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cubed
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef in 450ml boiling water
225 g Mushrooms, sliced
1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, sliced
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 pinch Salt
¼ teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
2 tablespoons Cornflour, blended with 3-4 tablespoons cold water
225 g Pastry, Puff, Ready Rolled Sheets, thawed
1 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed

Instructions
1. Heat the low fat cooking spray in a large saucepan and over a high heat add the cubes of stewing steak a handful at a time, so that they seal and brown. Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the stock, mushrooms, carrot and parsley to the saucepan. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Check the level of liquid from time to time, topping up with a little extra water if necessary.

3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F.
4. Season the cooked meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Tip the mixture into an oblong baking dish.
5. Lay the puff pastry sheet on top of the baking dish, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Use the trimmings to make leaves for decoration. Position them on top, and brush the entire surface with milk. Bake for 25 30 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
6. Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.

Sent from my iPod

bulldogdaisy said:
Steak and Mushroom Pie
ProPoints® value: 8
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 120 min

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
700 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cubed
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef in 450ml boiling water
225 g Mushrooms, sliced
1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, sliced
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 pinch Salt
¼ teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
2 tablespoons Cornflour, blended with 3-4 tablespoons cold water
225 g Pastry, Puff, Ready Rolled Sheets, thawed
1 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed

Instructions
1. Heat the low fat cooking spray in a large saucepan and over a high heat add the cubes of stewing steak a handful at a time, so that they seal and brown. Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the stock, mushrooms, carrot and parsley to the saucepan. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender. Check the level of liquid from time to time, topping up with a little extra water if necessary.

3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F.
4. Season the cooked meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Tip the mixture into an oblong baking dish.
5. Lay the puff pastry sheet on top of the baking dish, trimming the edges with a sharp knife. Use the trimmings to make leaves for decoration. Position them on top, and brush the entire surface with milk. Bake for 25 30 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
6. Serve with green vegetables and potatoes.

Sent from my iPod

Copied from my notes instead :0)

Food update for Tuesday 25th of September

Breakfast

Muesli/nuts/banana

Lunch

Cinnamon bagel with phili spread and ham/orange/apple

Dinner

Beef and mushroom pie/boiled potatoes/mixed veg

Snacks

Grapes/2 plums and a yoghurt

Exercise was dog walking

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Pie!!! Its one of the things I think I probably miss most about dieting - pastry. Most things you can tweak or do low fat versions of but pastry doesn't tend to work that way :(

There is a lovely pub near where we are staying next week that does lovely homemade pies, I fully intend to indulge at least once while I am away :)

Tonight's dinner..chicken chasseur with wholemeal pasta..not had or made this before..got to say it was lush,the flavour of it..nom!

Attachments

• image-1398689575.jpg
    image-1398689575.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 26
Food update for Wednesday 26th September

Breakfast

Muesli/nuts/banana

Lunch

Cinnamon bagel with spread and ham/apple/orange

Dinner

Chicken chasseur with wholemeal rice

Snacks

Grapes/2 plums with yoghurt/banana

Exercise was dog walking

Great news on the loss! Enjoy you meal out! Know what you will order???

Glad most the gain is off!! I guess when you gain it doesn't really effect you as you know it can be fixed pretty quick.

That's a pretty good loss given you were weighing in early, well done :) Hope you enjoy pizza hut tomorrow.

I think if anything your food probably looks even more healthy than usual since changing to "healthy eating" rather than ww.

Back