Dani's Diary

Having a good day today :) haven't felt too hungry - diet coke is the one! I decided to have a day off chicken/turkey as I fear I may just turn into one soon. Felt like a day off meat so as it's a PV day I've had the usual yoghurt with oatbran, scrambled eggs with tomato and cucumber and just a couple of slices of thin ham. A bit like a nice Turkish breakfast really without the cheese :D But I don't like cheese anyway except a specific make of Turkish halloumi which I have only been able to get in Istanbul :( sad times! I guess I will just have to move there :p Anyway it was really light for a change and I feel good :) so planning on having the same for supper and hopefully my whole body will be lighter in the morning too :rolleyes:

Hi Dani - its still good to get a good lot of protein - so if you're meated out, have eggs, yogurt and milk!

Stayed the same today :( If I don't drop 0.4lbs tomorrow I won't be on target for my 2lb loss per week. I really need 2lbs per week to meet my goal and I feel it's at least what I deserve after the effort I'm putting into this! It is my TOTM though I'm due this week so perhaps things might be slowing down due to that and will return back to normal next week. I'm not quite defeated yet! It's the inches that really matter to me so as long as I've shrunk a little by Sunday morning I'll be happy. Fingers crossed eh.

You should measure your waist / hips as well so that its not just weight you measure... the scales can be deceiving x

Yeah I have been measuring too and I've lost an inch or so from various places :) It's always at this point that I start getting doubts about whether it's really going to work, if I really am going to reach my goal weight, lose the inches and if all the effort is worth such slow progress. On top of that I'm feeling rather crappy after a class went quite badly today. I felt totally out of my depth and completely embarrassed. I knew the 'everything's going right for once' thing wouldn't last long. All I want to do is down a bottle of vino, make a Panini and forget about it all, but I'm not going to because I've come so far and it won't bloody solve anything in the long run. Let's just get a grip and go cook some salmon :)

Good that you are rationalising those thoughts and reminding yourself it won't solve anything by eating badly. By all means do something relaxing and pampering though :)

Down by 0.8lbs this morning! What the fudgeeeee? :D It must have been the salmon fillet! :eek: haha yesterday was my 7th day of cruise and my total weight lost for the first week is 2.2lbs! Eek! Didn't think I was going to make target after yesterday so to see I was down by 0.8 I bet the look on my face in the bathroom this morning was a right picture xD Loss in total since the beginning is 7.4lbs in just under 2 weeks. Half a stone gone! :eek: One happy bunny this morning :D I'm feeling motivated now so let's hope the day progresses a bit better than yesterday did and I get back to the positive me :p

I also didn't drink any diet coke yesterday so maybe that had something to do with it - I hear that fizzy drinks can sometimes cause some water retention...:confused: Whatever it is, I haven't been this light for 4 months what with uni stress having gotten on top of me and then Christmas so happy days it's finally melting back off :D

Evening Dani............hope your still positive todaY?:D

Yes feeling a bit more positive today! I've had a rough few days at uni and haven't been feeling too good in myself - probably a lot to do with hormones! haha I just over-stress myself out sometimes. But I'm feeling a lot better today thank you! I didn't weigh this morning, I didn't think it would be a good idea - I was feeling quite bloated and horrible and the last thing I wanted to see was that my weight had gone up :eek: So I'm gonna wait until Sunday when hopefully all water retention and bloatedness will be gone and I'll be down into the next lb :rolleyes: Sunday is also my measuring day so hoping for some results there too! A 0.6lbs loss on the scale and half an inch from the bod will keep me happy and raring to go for next week :D I'm starting to feel like I'm not even on a diet now it's great. Last low carb diet I did I was craving bread and cereals like crazy and just HAD to give in after the second week. This time I'm not craving anything and I'm not hungry either. The fact that I don't have to count calories and grams of carbs or protein makes a huge difference. It's not constantly on my mind so I just forget it's a diet half the time. It's not half as tiring either! I had a dream the other night that I ate 4 chocolates - I was mortified! And today in class there were chocolates and as I hadn't taken one yet, when I was leaving everyone said that I 'had to' have one. So I did take one, but then threw the beautiful chocolate wonderfulness in the bin. I have to say it was a gorgeous-looking truffle, and I did feel guilty as it was offered to me, but I hate being like 'noo I'm on a diet' because why else would anyone refuse? But I'm proud of myself. I won't say it didn't cross my mind to gobble it down. It was in my hand!!! But I decided it wasn't worth it. And if I know me I would then just go to Tesco and buy a whole box and eat them all :eek: anyway that's my little story for the day :D haha hope y'all are doing good! xx

Eeek! So I just zipped up a dress I haven't been able to wear for over 2 years since my summer holiday in 2010! :eek: One of my goals was to be able to fit back into this dress and I can't believe I'm back into it so soon! I decided to slip it on this morning to see if the zip would go up any further than it did last week and it went ALL the way up! How is this possible? XD I'm so excited I've even added some pics lol The first is of my attempt to get the zip up sometime last week and the second pic is one I took this morning:

Dress1.JPGDress2.JPG

Yay things are definitely looking up again :D I had a lovely chat with my boyfriend on the phone last night aswell and a nice text from him at 4.30am this morning XD so I couldn't be happier - glad to be back to this happy feeling again hehe planning to weigh and measure tomorrow morning and hopefully will get some good results!

Fantasic Dani your doing so well difficult while at uni xxx

Haha Pauline! Thanks guys! ♥

Last edited:
Sooo just measured this morning and it turns out that I have lost 1.5 inches from my back and an inch from my bust! The reason behind my zip victory :D Half an inch has also left my waist and hips, and a whole one has gone from my thighs! Finally! Happy that I'm staying on target for at least half an inch a week - if I keep going this way I might even be there in 4 weeks :eek: omg - it'll probs slow down towards the end mind so if it takes 6 weeks luckily I got 6 left :D I postponed weighing again >< just because yesterday was a PV day and I've got it in my mind that I might still be retaining water from my TOTM. Definitely tomorrow though. I need a loss of 1.2lbs to stay on my 2lbs per week target so fingers, toes, eyes everything crossed that I will have a positive start to week 3! :D

Oh my actual God!! :eek: I just weighed in. I was hoping for 1.2lbs to be on the way to 2lb for my Thursday (and 3rd week) weigh in. Well, since Thursday, 4 days ago, I have lost 2.6lbs ahhh lol!! I completely missed 2 lbs! Yet again my face was a picture looking at my scale haha I don't know how the heck that has happened XD Better than good start to my Monday and to my week!! xxx

OMG and I've also hit my 10lb goal!! Right on the head!! Landed! Did not think I was going to reach that until at least next week! I love this diet!

Back