Dani's Diary

Down by 0.4lbs this morning - weight loss is definitely slowing down :( but at least it's something i suppose! Nothing can get me down today :D (I passed my exam which I was about 99% sure I had failed and so everything is going gooood :p) It's my last day of attack today and if I can get down into the next lb tomorrow I'll be absolutely chuffed...might do a short workout later or something to see if i can burn of that extra bit! XD Yay veggies tomorrow! Which reminds me, are tinned vegetables okay to have? Like tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and baby carrots? They're just so much more convienient but Dr. Dukan doesn't mention them in his book :confused:

Yo Dani

Your tinned veggies are fine as long as there is no added sugar.

Have a great day and well done on the exam! :D

P x

Don't forget low fat yoghurt! Yummy. It can be quite tough though and a little boring as there's not too much variety really. As we get more used to it though I'm sure we'll come up with more and more interesting recipes! :)
I'm quite boring in what I eat anyway to be honest and I can be quite fussy so plain suits me alright haha and I'm a lover of meat so it's not such a chore. (Let's see if I still think that in two weeks' time...) :rolleyes: Oh and I only had the one kofte after with my turkey steak because they really filled me up - tidy!
Hey :) I started on 7th, so not long before you. I did a long Attack Phase (ended up being like 8 days) and I've just eaten my first bowl of soup :) It was awesome. I didn't find it that hard either, because I like chicken, mince, and I already ate a lot of lean steak! And I'm a plain eater, so It was all good.

My next challenge is making my own burgers and cooking them on my George Forman... and keeping away from the vending machines in the Uni Library (The reason for my longer-than-planned Attack!) Good Luck! :)

Hey :) I started on 7th, so not long before you. I did a long Attack Phase (ended up being like 8 days) and I've just eaten my first bowl of soup :) It was awesome. I didn't find it that hard either, because I like chicken, mince, and I already ate a lot of lean steak! And I'm a plain eater, so It was all good.

My next challenge is making my own burgers and cooking them on my George Forman... and keeping away from the vending machines in the Uni Library (The reason for my longer-than-planned Attack!) Good Luck! :)

I made some mini burgers from Turkey mince on the George yesterday and they were looovely! Make sure to squish the fat out! There was quite a bit even in Turkey mince. Well done on lasting 8 days in attack and losing 10lb that's awesome! I've lost 4lb so far, I was hoping for 5 but hopefully in the morning I'll have a loss of 4 and a half in total. The weight loss is slowing down now so I think it's time to move into cruise! There's no vending machines near any of my classes thankfully - all I have to deal with is my roommate baking either cupcakes, banana bread or chocolate cake every week :( still - it'll be worth it I have no doubt :D Considering I also appear to have lost an inch from my waist :eek: go me!

And thanks Pauline! xx

So attack is finally finished and I'm down by 0.8lbs this morning! :D eek! Since coming back to uni last Thursday I have lost a total of 5.2lbs and could not be happier :D Today is my first day of cruise and I cannot wait to have some yummy fresh salad with my turkey steak tonight!! My goal now is to lose 2lbs per week until I reach my goal, so it should take me approximately 8 weeks, which happens to be when term finishes - just in time to have a cheeky celebration meal with the fam when I get home :D I know I can achieve it if I just keep going so I'm determined to stay focused this time! Happy days :D

Well done, loving the enthusiasm bursting out of that post :)

Thanks Lara :) I just attempted Davina's Buff Cardio for the first time in two months and omg did it kill me. Didn't even finish it in the end I felt so puffed :eek: I'm not sure if it's got something to do with a lack of energy due to the big calorie deficit but I can definitely feel the consequenses of having completely neglected my body over Christmas and I can say that I don't want that to happen again xD I used to be able to do it the whole way through without feeling puffed at all! I think it's more sensible to just stick to walking for now and give it another go when I get to the Consolidation phase and can eat a bit of bread to give me that bit of energy :)

First day of cruise went well :) had some mushrooms for dinner and salad in the evening with my turkey steaks. I've also started eating slices of ham because I just love ham and I still lost after eating 2 slices on my last day of attack :) I actually put on 0.4lbs this morning though :( but I think the book said that water retention can be expected when veggies are re-introduced and it's after the PP days that I'll see results. So I'm not freaking out too much XD Hopefully I'll see a nice loss again in the morning. I said I was going to weigh just once a week now but I think I'll keep weighing everyday just to see which foods make what kind of difference to my weight. And I think it's encouraging to see the scales going down often, however little the difference :) I feel good. So happy happy happy :D

Last edited:
Dohnuts xxx sounding positive xxx

Down 0.8 lbs since yesterday :D I hope I dont go back up again tomorrow :rolleyes:

Eaten quite a lot today my Turkey steaks needed to be eaten and I weren't gona let them go to waste XD Basically been sticking to oatbran with yoghurt in the mornings - I really like it like that and actually look forward to it XD Had some more yoghurt for a snack and then had some nice Turkey steaks with ham at about 4 and again at 9 with some carrots - yay a bit of colour! And i'll probs snack on some cherry tomatoes before bed as I always seem hungriest at this point in the day u.u not gona weigh in the morning as I've probs gone up again gona wait until Sunday morning when hopefully I'll be down into the next pound! If I am I shall be a very happy bunny :p

So I just finished my supper of chicken breast and a slice of ham - yummy. I've had about 300g yoghurt with my oatbran today and also had 2 turkey burgers and some scrambled eggs and another slice of ham. Hopefully I'm not eating too much sat fat the scales will tell tomorrow XD Reeeally wanna be 0.5lbs down that would take me down into the next lb again and would give me some good motivation for next week. I haven't been able to go out for my walks due to the snow and ice which is really frustrating me I keep thinking that I won't lose enough or i'll just lose muscle because I'm sitting at home like a couched potato, and I don't really have the energy to do my Davina DVD so that sucks. I'll just wait and see what the number is in the morning and as soon as this snow clears i'll more than make up for the walking time I've lost :D Hope y'all are doing fine! :)

So I have been doing Dukan for 10 days and here's the verdict :D In total I've lost 6.2lbs of the 23 I am going to lose by the 9th of March. I've lost just over 1" from my hips, 2" from my waist and 1" from my back and bust :) If I can keep going like this I can defo get my bikini bod in time for Easter (which I am NOT going to ruin with chocolate and alcohol, but tone and sculpt ready for holidays in August :D woohoo!) All in all I'm very happy with the results after the first 10 days. 47 more days to go - I can't wait to see the final result!

Fantastic D XXXXX You sound so motivated, and love reading your posts. You shouldn't let the snow put you off walking we went out yesterday all wrapped up will admit a bit difficult in wellies (which I could'nt wear last year because of my calfs) XXX Have a great day xxx

Thanks guys! And you're right I shouldn't let it put me off. It looks like it's here to stay for most of the week so I'm probably gona have to walk to uni in it anyway - I might as well get used to it! A bit of practise and I might stop walking like Bambi xD I am off for a nice Sunday stroll :p

Omg! I weighed myself this morning (against my own rules I was just too curious) and thought I had stayed the same which I was happy with after a PV day as last time I gained 0.4 lbs. However after checking my diary I realised that I'm actually 0.4lbs lighter today than yesterday! omg! after a PV day :D woop! see that walk made all the difference XD Yay that's cheered me up! Felt pretty down yesterday evening after a friend who I considered a best friend decided that I'm no longer important because a potential girlfriend has presented herself on the horizon. At least he was honest. As for me, I might get down into the next lb by Thursday! :p

Great posts :) & fab weight loss x

Having a good day today :) haven't felt too hungry - diet coke is the one! I decided to have a day off chicken/turkey as I fear I may just turn into one soon. Felt like a day off meat so as it's a PV day I've had the usual yoghurt with oatbran, scrambled eggs with tomato and cucumber and just a couple of slices of thin ham. A bit like a nice Turkish breakfast really without the cheese :D But I don't like cheese anyway except a specific make of Turkish halloumi which I have only been able to get in Istanbul :( sad times! I guess I will just have to move there :p Anyway it was really light for a change and I feel good :) so planning on having the same for supper and hopefully my whole body will be lighter in the morning too :rolleyes:

Back