Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Thanks for the good luck wish Kira, it paid off! I am just back from weigh in and I lost 4lb, so I am back to my previous lowest weight of 15st 8lb at class. Picked up SOTW again too :)

I am only 24lb away from my goal weight now, which I'm still not sure I want to get to. In looks I'm not far off from where I want to be but I do want to tone up the flabby bits. What my weight will be when I've done that I don't know, and I don't mind either.

Spent 2 hours playing badminton today, had a great run around, and two hours at the gym yesterday. Another 2 hours at the gym lined up tomorrow, then probably a day off Thursday as I have a meeting to go to and not sure what time I'll get back. But back on it Friday morning for sure :)

Hope you're all enjoying the plan and managing to stay focused. My SWC tonight spent the class re-explaining the rules of original/green/extra easy to everyone (including a few new members). No matter how much we think we know the plans, there is always something to learn. It's amazing what bad habits we pick up on such a long journey as this.

She didn't once mention Tesco oat and raisin cookies though, so I have to assume they are syn free ;)

ttfn ♥

Hi Teresa, how's things?

By my reckoning I have been SOTW now 11 times. Not bad especially considering I often have to miss intermediate weeks of WI due to my shifts, and so aren't always eligible!

Will keep it brief, just wanted to get my diary back onto page one lol, off to bed now ready for work tomorrow :(

ttfn ♥

That is impressive you are an inspiration. I am a bit worse for wear today as a stupid driver nearly ran into me yesterday and caused me to tumble off my bike (again) a bit bruised but mainly annoyed as have my triathlon this weekend ! Think I will be able to do it but will be nervous on the bike AND a bit uncomfortable as have a massive saddle shaped bruise on my inner upper thigh... sittin on a chair is uncomfortable so not sure how comfortable riding 18k is goign to be !!

OMG Teresa that is a nightmare, glad it wasn't any worse and hopefully your triathlon will be ok. Have you done it yet or is it today? I recommend several pairs of padded shorts for the ride lol

I got the better of a possible slip-up evening last night ... went to a joint retirement do in a pub, complete with great big buffet. But I had my dinner before I went out, and stuck to diet cokes all night and didn't touch the buffet at all :)

Similar test today, my brother is off to Uni next week and we are having a big family do today to wish him luck and say goodbye, again complete with loads of food and I'm sure plenty of opportunity for a beer or six. I've already had my brekky (Oatso Simple which I tried for the first time - quite tasty but not sure they will replace Weetabix as my brekky of choice), and I will be having a salad before I go out - salad is only 2 syns (for the salad cream) but it's quite filling. My hope is that when the food comes out I'm not gonna feel hungry at all, and if I do I won't go mad. As is sadly often the case when I'm near a buffet! I will also be taking some fruit which I will smuggle in lol.

Tuesday is of course weigh in day again, and I am a bit gutted really that it coincides with a Union training day I have in London. In order to have any chance on the scales that evening, it means that not only will I have to avoid the trip to the pub at lunchtime (in favour of staying in the building no doubt alone eating a packed lunch) but I will also have to rush straight home afterward while everyone goes on to the more social aspect of these things and sits in a pub for a few hours. I would be tempted to just miss a WI but I have been on a bit of a roll recently and need only 1lb more to reach my 8½ stone award! PLUS there is another reason - Wednesday coming is my 1 year anniversary of joining SW :) I would love to go back to myself a year ago and show him a picture of me now - he would have eaten it!

I guess that is me fresh out of updates for now ... ttfn ♥

hiya i was just having a sneaky peak at your diary all be it not every page as that might have taken me several days to read all 56 pages lol but what i have read ive really enjoyed:) and im glad to see that you managed to get rid of that big gain fairly quickly ....well done!!

oh and how did you do at weigh in? im really hoping you lost the 1lb to get you to your 8 1/2 stone award WOW you are a real inspiration to me you must look like a completly different person now compared to pre SW?

Hi diary, I'm back :)

Again!

Sorry for the absence, I seem so busy all the time.

So much has happened in the last few weeks, so here goes the condensed version ...

I did get my 8.5 stone award, and kept it for all of one week - last week I gained 6.5lb!! All very deserved of course, had a great week lol, but not so great on the scales. I next weigh in tomorrow night (seems to come around so fast!) and hope to have lost it all again plus maybe a little more if I am lucky.

I have noticed that when I am pigging out on cookies I gain weight, and when I stick to plan 100% I lose weight. There definitely seems to be a pattern there somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it ;)

So far as exercise is concerned, I have done a little of something almost every day - mainly gym but occassional badminton too. Haven't been out cycling for ages, had a ride planned for Sunday gone but all the people who were gonna join me pulled out Grrrr. Not been swimming for a while either, I aim to get down the pool again soon.

I did a local 10k run too. Had only ever run 10k once, and on a treadmill in 2 5k runs. The treadmill time was about 70 mins, and I like the way a treadmill keeps the pace for you. This was my first road run in a very long time. I got round it in a time which I was very impressed with - just under 54 minutes :) My consultant managed to get me a Slimming World t-shirt for free which I wore all the way around as a free advert lol. They also sent me a pack of HiFi bars for energy and a lovely card too wishing me luck. Very touching.

I have been told that I didn't get a place on the London Marathon direct with Virgin :( so I am now holding out for a place on the Slimming World team.

Not sure what my weight loss will be tomorrow but I am hopeful it will reverse the gain I picked up last week - which takes me back to total SW loss of 8.5 stone. I have vowed to myself to stay on plan 100% until I get my 9 stone award - then it is cookie o'clock :)

And I hope to get to the 9.5 stone total loss mark in time for Christmas.

Feeling very focused, very motivated, and incredibly fit too!

a good mix :)

Hope you're all doing well and the weight is coming off for you, ttfn x

Hey Dave I will save my congratulations for your 8 1/2 stone award until you get it again this week so you better come back and tell us.

Well done on your 10k time that is about the same time as i do a 10 k in and a great time for your first.

Sorry to hear that you did not get in london yet, fingers crossed for the SW team. I did not get in either :-(

Good luck with the weigh in this week and nice to see a post from you, you are an inspiration.

Teresa

hey dave, good luck for wi tomorow, you have done soooo well and i'm sure you will reach 9.5 stone before xmas, especially with all that cycling you are doing x

Hi Teresa, Jayne and bettylollypop :) Thank you all for the good luck wishes, they paid off .. I lost 8lb at weigh in tonight, so have regained my 8.5 stone award and am creeping up on my 9 stone award now - 5.5lb to go. Should take a few weeks I think. Fingers crossed :)

ttfn x

OMG, I have just read your weight loss journey from start to now (granted it took a few days). You've certainly had a rollercoaster journey but I've loved the way you've enjoyed your lapses :D.
A huge well done on your weight loss to date and the amount of exercise you have done. You're a true star *

Hi Karen, I'm impressed you made it through my diary start to finish it does go on a bit! Thanks for the message :)

Why. Do. I. Do. It?

Yet again I had a good weigh in Tuesday evening 15st 5.5lb (was 15st 3.5lb on my scales that morning), and ever since then I have done nothing but pig on takeaways, cookies and other rubbish :(

I do quite enjoy my planned nights off SW, and never care about the effect on my weight, but when I just do it for no reason it really annoys me. A lot.

An awful lot in fact!

This morning I had gone back up from 15st 3.5lb to 16st 0.5lb, an increase of 11lb in just 5 days!! That's an average of over 2lb per day. And all deserved.

I think it is clear to say I have a lot of foody issues.

I'm back at work today, and even though my shifts make it hard at times to plan on SW, I do find the structure of being at work at some point (earlies or lates) does help me to stay on plan. So I have been back on plan 100% from today, and intend to stay back on plan at least until I get my 9 stone award.

Which was my intention before my 5 days of binging, but hopefully the end result will be more positive this time!

I have been going to the gym every day, so I dread to think what my weight would be now if I hadn't! Today I did an hour on the 'weightloss' setting of the treadmill, which is a mix of jogging and running, and also no gradient and a quite high gradient. If the sweat dripping off me is anything to go by then it has done me some good.

Tomorrow I am off to Bedgebury to do some off-road mountain biking with a couple of friends, not sure how much that will help with weightloss compared to a gym visit but I suspect it will be great fun :)

ttfn x

Hi, I have just been flicking through your diary and it's an inspiration! I am starting Slimming World tomorrow. In the past one bad day has meant the end of all my hard work.....your diary proves that you can have a bad day and still get back on track! You weight loss is astonishing! Well done :happy096:

oh dave! i know exactly how you feel. I am very much so '' why, why do i do it to myself!'' i have no control, and can confess i still have many food issues!

we can do it, Keep strong, atleast you get amazing losses when you go for it!

x

Hi Dave, how has your week been? Sorry you had a bad week last week, hopefully you've dusted yourself off from that now, we've all been there and done that so many times!

hi all it seems a lot of us have to have these binges, i am one of them i could binge for england if it was a sport and its sooooo annoying cause when we r stuffing our faces we know we will be annoyed with ourselves after but it still doesn't stop us, i have done it on several occasions over the last few weeks the only difference this time is that i draw a line under it and start afresh the next day something i couldn't do before, the one binge would last a few months until i was a couple of stone heavier but with the help and support of minimins i know this time i will succeed (watch this space lol) i'm not going to say i'm never going to binge again but hopefully i will continue to get back on track straight away. good luck on reaching ur 9 stone target :)

Back