Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Yay ! Well done on the 2lbs down. Hope its more tom morn. Don't think the sandwich will do any damage. Your cottage pie works out really well at 1.65 per portion, I think that's even less syns than my ready made quorn one and that's not even meat ! :p Loving the sound of the honey mustard mash, will defo try that out. Good luck for tomorrow morning Mr D, hope its a fab loss, will be popping back to see how you got on ! :D

Kay xx

Thanks Kay. You have me questioning myself now regards syns, lol.

I think as long as it stays at the 2 lb i will be happy, any more clearly would be a welcome bonus. I was exactly 171 this morning, still shy of that 170, but lets see what tomorrow brings.

Cottage pie (im not really all that good with measures, tend to do it all by eye, except for the stuff that is needing to be syned)

400g Lean mince beef
1 sliced onion
Fry lite
Fry the onion in the fry light, add the mince and brown off.

3 tsp gravy granules (3 syns)
Mixed veg (carrot, peas, butter beans, sweetcorn, broccoli)(i used frozen and added what looked to be enough)
Tbsp Marmite
Salt and pepper
Add to the mince and onions

Chopped spuds boiled until soft (approx half a kilo? Not certain, you should have a gauge of how much mash will cover the dish you are using) i left the skins on the spuds.
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp honey (6 syns)
Mash everything into the spuds and spread on the meat mixture. Bake in the oven for about an hour.

I tend to cook the mince with no more liquid as i like the pie to cool and set so i can portion and freeze. If you are wanting to eat straight after coking and like it to have a gravy then add 150ml of water to the mince and onions after browning off. Some will reduce as you mix and cook the granules and veg in.

I used a dish that allowed for 6 portions to be cut from it.
(Also note that i took a portion of mash for dinner today, so the honey syns are for 7 portion, in case someone does the maths. ;) )

View attachment 133104

Spot the mistake. (its 8 portions, not 6, that's less syns per portion, 1 each)

I think even my lot would eat that lol I have fussy family including me :D

Daz can I ask about your mince ..... Is it lean mince you use or extra lean?? lean has syns extra lean doesnt

Basic, Beef, mince, lean, less than 12% fat, 100g raw
2​

Basic, Beef, mince, extra lean, less than 5% fat, raw/cooked without fat, per 100g
Free​

I think even my lot would eat that lol I have fussy family including me :D

Daz can I ask about your mince ..... Is it lean mince you use or extra lean?? lean has syns extra lean doesnt

Basic, Beef, mince, lean, less than 12% fat, 100g raw
2​

Basic, Beef, mince, extra lean, less than 5% fat, raw/cooked without fat, per 100g
Free​

Seriously Mother, you really need to stop over analysing everything. I don't type every single word in every single thing i write you know. ;)

2.2 lb down. Isn't that a bag of sugar? I wonder how much it would have been down if i hadn't had that extra sandwich yesterday. Hmmmm, we shall never know.

Fab! Well done! :D xx

2.2 lb down. Isn't that a bag of sugar? I wonder how much it would have been down if i hadn't had that extra sandwich yesterday. Hmmmm, we shall never know.

Yay ! :bliss:Really happy for you Daz !! Finally you've solved the puzzle, your scales seem to like the new changes you have bought in your food diary from last year. I will be so happy to see you continue in that rhythm of 2lb a week which you had going last year before November. Keep at it Daz and I'm sure you'll go from 12st to 11.5 and further if you wish. Think portion size does matter :). Do you remember a while back I spoke to you about me buying those portion pots from the Rosemary Connelly website, that was because I too wanted to findout why my losses had slowed down with SW, I was eating loads of free food, maybe too much pasta and rice because I do a lot of green. Anyway now I monitor my portions with free food and its has helped :). Anyway I hope you have another super duper loss next week Daz ! I'm really really happy for you ! :D

Kay xx

Last edited:

Yay! Well done Daz!! :D

1.5 down for me. So its a good week! I have your book. Will pm you for your address when I get back later on x

I shall sit in the corner and consider myself told off .... Pffftt kids !!! ;)

Sent from my MT15i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have guests tonight so shall not be online to update the challenges possibly until late in the day tomorrow. That also entails beer. Possibly more than one should consume. But hey ho. I still have the week to work it off again.

Cottage pie has come out very well.

View attachment 133198

Well, i didn't have as much beer as i envisaged and had another small drop on the scales this morning. May bite me tomorrow though, shall see. Plus i still have more beer here, which will be a struggle to ignore, either tonight, or tomorrow afternoon with the big football match. Hmmmmm.

Couple of slices of bread for breakfast, totally random, but better than nothing. Only some fruit and a muller light for lunch, but will enjoy the ham joint i cooked last night, along with some sw chips possibly, or boiled spuds. Actually, chips eggs and mushy peas i think. mmmmmm.

Ham chips egg and peas sounds fab Daz hope you enjoyed. Another drop on the scales sounds promising

Was nice. But beer again tonight, may well dent the losses for a few days.
Im actually that bored that i have cooked a stew and a roast beef dinner. Easy day tomorrow.

Was nice. But beer again tonight, may well dent the losses for a few days.
Im actually that bored that i have cooked a stew and a roast beef dinner. Easy day tomorrow.

Boredom brings forward planning - silver linings eh?

Thats what I did last week when the lads were watching footie I made quiches and trifles

Boredom brings forward planning - silver linings eh?

Thats what I did last week when the lads were watching footie I made quiches and trifles

i have the stuff here for some more trifles but have held back until i know i have no outings or visitors as they will not help the syns i need to crawl back in such circumstances. lol.

i have the stuff here for some more trifles but have held back until i know i have no outings or visitors as they will not help the syns i need to crawl back in such circumstances. lol.

I need to keep my syns low and increase my superfree to get this 1lb off on weds

Back