Week 6 - Day 6 - 13/03/11 EE

2 Alpen Light Bars (HEXB)

Roast Chicken Mug Shot

DINNER: 2 x Baked Potatoes
Batchelors Savoury Rice
Mixed Vegetables

Muller Light Yoghurt

Last edited:
Hi Debz -Im just putting on some recipes I do that you may be able to use ;)

CHEESE N POTATO PIE (served 2)
1A + 0.5 syns each serving
• 600g potatoes -peeled and boiled, then mashed
• 1/2tsp oil (1)
• 2 large onions thinly sliced
• 84g low fat cheddar (2xA) or 56g full fat mature
• 1 egg
• seasoning
1. fry the onions gently in the oil until golden(once the onions are in the coated, sprinkle with your salt as it helps them "fry" properly in very little oil )
2. mash the spuddlies and whack in most of the cheddar
3. beat in an egg -helps make it lighter
4. and the onions
5. season
6. I bake in the remoska -but tip it into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and bake until golden n bubbling -has to be served with baked beans :p -this one would warm up nicely at work too

EASY CHEESY VEGETABLE PASTA
1. 50g (dry weight) pasta,
2. 1 ramekin of frozen peas,
3. 1 ramekin of frozen sweetcorn
4. then zapped 1 chopped onion and
5. 1 chopped leek in the microwave until soft
6. THEN I simply drain it all and mixed in the warm pan and crumbled over
7. 42g low fat or 28g full fat cheddar over and stuck the lid on whilst I washed up...
then with some salt n pepper -it was just -tip it on the plate and nomnomnom ... even huby loves this... and you can obviously use more pasta/veg -its really quick and really tasty and shouldn't take longer than a packet pasta to do ;)

Now this is an EE dish -but really tasty and filling

Spanish rice with chicken and chorizo
serves 2 -although we found it to serve 3-4
preheat oven to 180c/fan160/gas 4
If serving 2 it comes to 2.5syns per serving on EE

• 2 large chicken breasts -cut into chunks
• 1 large red pepper -sliced
• 56g chorizo (5syns)-cut into small chunks
• 1 large onion -chopped
• 2 cloves garlic-grated/crushed
• 1.5tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2tsp dried chilli flakes -I would add less to start ;)
• approx 600ml chicken stock
• 190g paella rice
• frozen peas
• lemon juice to serve
1. drop the chorizo into a warm nonstick frying pan and heat to release the oils
2. throw in the chicken chunks and cook until coloured
3. add the onions and peppers and cook until softened
4. add the paprika and chilli and cook for 1 minute
5. add the stock, bring to a simmer
6. throw in the rice and then transfer to an ovenproof dish/pan and bake for about 20mins -until the liquid is absorbed (add the peas after about 10mins)
7. cover with foil and leave to sit for 5mins
8. squeeze over the lemon juice and serve

This is pretty much a bang it all together and shove it in the oven whilst you are busy - It re-heats well too so you could warm it up at work ...

Now this is for red/ee -but the great thing is that you can eat it cold on salads or in a wrap -so you can make it up and leave in the fridge for hungry moments or zap it in the micro at work...
Buffalo chicken
serves 4

syns per serving:-
2.5 on EE and Red
8 on Green

Marinade:-
1. 2tbs runny honey
2. 3tbs soy sauce
3. 2 garlic cloves -peeled and crushed
4. 1tsp paprika
5. 1 red chilli-de-seeded and chopped -I left this out
6. 1tsp tabasco or hot pepper sauce -and I doubled this
7. 1tbs white wine vinegar
8. 2tbs tomato ketchup
• whang it all together and drop in 16 skinless chicken wings (I used breasts cut into strips)
• leave for 30 mins -I left all day
• place on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven (200/gas6) for about 25mins or until cooked through (obviously less for the strips) -brushing over with any extra as they cook
they also give recipes for "honey mustard dip"
4oz fat free fromage frais
2tsp dijon mustard
2tsp runny honey
its all in one recipe so I assume that is included in teh syns (I haven't tried that yet)
The chicken is gorgeous -even cold...Im going to do pork fillet in it one day this week mmmmm

Righty ho

I will add dome more recipe tomorrow,
I have come up with some things that might help... like making rice pudding for your green days -you would only have to count the milk as part of you heA and add a banana or some syrup (1syn for 0.5tbs)and it would be something you could either have before work, or even for brekkie (saves using a heB on cereal ;))
you could also take it to work for if you need something sweet :D

Frittatas are a good standby -I can give you a recipe f you want one (although you can make them with just about anything), you can make them in advance and have them for brekkie with baked beans/tinned spaghetti, or a quick lunch or take them to work and you can make them green or red -plus the eggs will help keep you full ;)
stuffed jacket potatoes
egg fried rice great hot but also lovely cold as a rice salad that needs no dressing ;)
potato salad again you can add frozen peas/corn and any other bits you like
potato n onion bake peel and slice potatoes and onions -layer in an oven proof dish add a dissolved stock cube (lamb are best ;)) cover with foil and bake until tender, remove the foil and crisp up the top ones ..it sounds so plain and simple but trust me it is adictive and on EE days you can syn some corned beef to put through the middle or put bacon on top

sugar free jelly with berries in and a yoghurt on top

I will pop in again tomorrow with some more waffle... I have been trying to leave your heBs untouched as it will leave you 2 to play with ;)
Hope its of some help..
talk soon....

thanks for those huni :thankyou: they sound delish. I will try the pasta one tomorrow! Dont know that I am too keen on the Spanish Rice receipe, i have never tried paella. Another thing I have never tried is Cous Cous, is that nice?
:lost: I am still not fully clear of the red and green days huni, can you clarify those plans to me please?
Is what I am eating enough, todays I dont seem to have had alot too eat but stuck to my SW! Not sure what day I have had though!!!! I always say it is extra easy but I hvnt had any meat?? I think I would like to stay on a green week! I hv plenty of pasta and potatoes etc at home :D xXx

Righty ho

I will add dome more recipe tomorrow,
I have come up with some things that might help... like making rice pudding for your green days -you would only have to count the milk as part of you heA and add a banana or some syrup (1syn for 0.5tbs)and it would be something you could either have before work, or even for brekkie (saves using a heB on cereal ;))
you could also take it to work for if you need something sweet :D

Frittatas are a good standby -I can give you a recipe f you want one (although you can make them with just about anything), you can make them in advance and have them for brekkie with baked beans/tinned spaghetti, or a quick lunch or take them to work and you can make them green or red -plus the eggs will help keep you full ;)
stuffed jacket potatoes
egg fried rice great hot but also lovely cold as a rice salad that needs no dressing ;)
potato salad again you can add frozen peas/corn and any other bits you like
potato n onion bake peel and slice potatoes and onions -layer in an oven proof dish add a dissolved stock cube (lamb are best ;)) cover with foil and bake until tender, remove the foil and crisp up the top ones ..it sounds so plain and simple but trust me it is adictive and on EE days you can syn some corned beef to put through the middle or put bacon on top

sugar free jelly with berries in and a yoghurt on top

I will pop in again tomorrow with some more waffle... I have been trying to leave your heBs untouched as it will leave you 2 to play with ;)
Hope its of some help..
talk soon....

Great, can I have the receipe for Frittatas please huni, never tried these. Sounds lovely :)
I hvnt tried any receipes yet, will do on my days off wed and thursday!
I will post my menu from today and you can have a wee look and see if this is alright. Ta Much xXx

Week 6 - Day 7 - 14/03/11 EE

Breakfast (2.30pm)
2 Slice Wholemeal Bread (HEXB)
2tbsp HP Brown Sauce (2 syns)
Apple

Never had a lunch, went straight to dinner as working back shift!

Dinner
Baked Potato with Turkey (cold meat), Side Salad, Baked
Beans, 1 Brussel Sprout (to try, not too bad actually) and
a mouthful of mashed turnip (again to try)
Muller Light Vanilla and Chocolate Sprinkled Yoghurt

* I am trying to get used to Vegetables *

Snacks
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA)

Last edited:
WEEK 7 - DAY 1 - 15/03/11 EE

Breakfast
2x Weetabix (HEXB)
100ml Semi Skimmed Milk (half of HEXA)

Lunch
Cold Meat - Chicken
Fat Free Toffee Yoghurt

Dinner
Baked Potato
Baked Beans
Side Salad
Peas and Sweetcorn
Muller Light Vanilla & Choc Yoghurt

Snacks
Paprika Potato Slices
Walkers Baked Crisps (37.5g bag) = 7.5 SYNS
150ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (rest of HEXA)
2x SW Homemade White Choc Truffles = 4 SYNS

Total Syns For Week = 105
Total Syns Used = 11.5
Total Syns Left = 93.5

Last edited:
potato n onion bake peel and slice potatoes and onions -layer in an oven proof dish add a dissolved stock cube (lamb are best ;)) cover with foil and bake until tender, remove the foil and crisp up the top ones ..it sounds so plain and simple but trust me it is adictive and on EE days you can syn some corned beef to put through the middle or put bacon on top.

Hi huni, I have just had a try at this and it never worked, must be my cooking :p
I had it in the oven for about 45mins then took the tin foil off as the potatoes felt soft. The Onions were cooked. Put it bk into the oven for around 15mins and the potatoes were hard!! I never had time to sit and wait on it, had to go work. I have left hubby watching it and i said that I would heat up when I go home tonight at 11pm from work. Would this be alright to freeze?
I have attached a wee picture, doesnt look very appetising but smelt nice!!

Potatoe and Onion Pie.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Debz,

You are doing a great job trying new things. Keep it up !

Capricorn - you are SOOOOOOO LOVELY for doing all those recipes for Debz. And great suggestions. I wonder if you may be right about trying green days (although it seems a bit odd for someone who doesn't like vegetables).

Have a lovely week Debz (and Capricorn).

Gail x

Thanks Gail! Lets hope it pays off for me when I get weighed on Thursday. I am going to the gym tomorrow and then zumba at night. I hvnt done much exercise at all because of work. Will need to work my ass off tomorrow!!! Capricorns bn great - thanks again huni.
I hv bn starving all day! Did green day yesterday and just cant fill myself up so bk on Extra Easy!! x

WEEK 7 - DAY 2 - 16/03/11 EE

Breakfast
Toasted Cheese with Tomato
(2 wholemeal bread HEXB and 3 Mini Babybel HEXA)
Muller Light Yoghurt

Lunch
Chicken Cold Meat

Dinner
Mustard Chicken, Chinese Potato Wedges

Last edited:
Well, Well .... weigh in has been and gone!! After the bad couple of weeks i hv had and not being able to weigh in on Monday due to work, i went tonight! I have lost THIS WEEK 1st 1lbs !!!! I nearly fell off the scales, i was so so shocked :D
Thats me lost 2st 2lbs in 7 weeks!! OMG !!! I still cant believe it, no one can burst my bubble! I have been exercising quite a bit this week and as you will see from my diary, i have tried to eat a few vegetables, although i dont particularly like them. It is def helping :D:D
Well, its bed time for me, heading to aqua aerobics in the morning :) xxx

WEEK 7 - DAY 3 - 17/03/11 EE

Breakfast
Cooked Ham (cold meat, was rushing out to Zumba)

Lunch
Wholemeal Roll (HEXB)
WW Coronation Chicken Tuna & Spring Onions - 2 SYNS

Snacks
Polar Krush Slush Puppy (dont know if this is syned)
Hi Fi Chocolate Delux Bar - 6 SYNS

Dinner
Gammon Rounds from Asda - 1 SYN
Salt and Pepper Slices
Mushy Peas

Snacks
Kiwi Fruit
3 x Mini Babybel Cheeses (HEXA)

Total Syns Used = 9
Total Syns Left = 84.5

Last edited:
WEEK 7 - DAY 4 - 18/03/11 EE

Breakfast
Apple

Lunch
Wholemeal Roll (HEXB)
WW Coronation Chicken - 2 SYNS
Spring Onions
Cold Chicken
Muller Light Yoghurt

Dinner
Homemade Beef Burgers (EXL Mince) with Onions, Passata & Chilli through them :)
Potato Wedges
Mixed Vegetables (tin with water)
Sweetcorn

Snacks
Kiwi Fruit
3 x Mini Babybel Cheeses (HEXA)

Syns Used Today = 2
Total Syns Left = 82.5

Last edited:
Back