Decided to do Exante

I was reading up on intermittent fasting last night and downloaded and app to track it. They recommended 16:8, is that what you do?
Hi :) I used to do 24- 36 hour fast ( sometimes with 500 calories) then eat more or less what I wanted the eating day, then fast again. I lost 6 stone doing that and maintained it for a couple of years doing the 16/8. It all fell apart when I started travelling extensively and started sampling local cuisine/beer lol. I fractured my foot at the F1circuit in Belgium a year last August and it took months to heal cos I walked on it for 2 weeks until I got home. Then I got Covid and could hardly walk for ages. Then we had lockdown and my job was suspended. I ended up a stone heavier then my heaviest. So I lost 6 stone and put on 7.

I decided to do Exante cos I wanted quicker results then IF. It took me 3 years to lose 6 stone on that. It is working...just everyday feels like a fast day and for that I'd like more then 2 lb off a week.

Todays food. A shake after work ....can't remember which one and the exante pizza mix. I put some mushrooms and rocket on it. My son actually said he'd eat it lol. It was edible. I'll have a bar before bed. Really exhausted today and in bed. I get like that after two days a work. Long Covid is a mare. Only 600 cals again but oh well.

Last night I served my son his tea and he asked me if I was having any of it. I said no cos I am on a diet and pointed to the shakes etc.. He asked me why? Erm...cos am a fat pig son. Cue him getting very annoyed. No, you are not a fat pig mum, why would you even say that about yourself? If you want to lose weight that is up to you but there is nothing wrong with you as you are. Don't listen to dad! ( my ex...he hated my shape and whined even after I lost 6 stone.). I thought that was really sweet of ds. Made me feel a bit better about myself.

Last night I served my son his tea and he asked me if I was having any of it. I said no cos I am on a diet and pointed to the shakes etc.. He asked me why? Erm...cos am a fat pig son. Cue him getting very annoyed. No, you are not a fat pig mum, why would you even say that about yourself? If you want to lose weight that is up to you but there is nothing wrong with you as you are. Don't listen to dad! ( my ex...he hated my shape and whined even after I lost 6 stone.). I thought that was really sweet of ds. Made me feel a bit better about myself.

You've clearly done a really good job bringing up such a gent!

Thanks. He's a lovely lad Millie.

I am wondering if I am supposed to eat back my exercise calories. I walk fast and long distances at work. Problem is I am only losing 2lb a week without eating them back. If I eat them back I'll probably lose nothing at all. I also cannot get a working fitness tracker on my rubbish phone so I cannot say with huge certainty how far I walk. I am going on when I had a samsung phone tracker last year so I know approximately. Also Exante has too may carbs in the products for proper ketosis so I am permanently hungry. It's also very cold where I live now. I've got around another months supply if I use 4 replacements a day so will have to battle on at the moment.

On the subject of the Exante pasta and ham soup.....I made it yesterday following the instructions and twice it completely boiled over all over my microwave. Huge mess and nothing to eat. Dont know what I did wrong.

Today I have had porridge with small handful of blueberries and a tiny smidge of almond butter to try and fill me up. I am not at work today which is a good thing as I am shattered. I am still waiting for the energy kick everyone talks about.

Just had a bar. It's going to be long day. I've had two products by 12 midday and normally I don't have my first until 3pm.

Last edited:
Well I stuffed back all my calories today by 2.30 pm.:eek: My grand finale was an Exante dhal pot, 3 slices of advocado, a few almonds and rocket salad....around 400 calories. I'll see now if a 24 hour fast will put me back in ketosis.

Last edited:
So last night ended on 2 quorn sausages baked in the oven and a small piece of vegan cheese. Still only 1,000 ish cals according to MFP so should be OK. I slept better for not being hungry. Woke up today very dizzy and feel quite ill. My chest hurts.Not sure what is going on yet. Only had tea so far today.

Thanks Dolly. I think it just my post Covid stuff again. Am getting an antibody test done soon. Ignore my ticker. I put the wrong data in by mistake and it hasn't updated yet now I've put it right. I have not lost 30lbs. I wish lol

Glad you were negative. Yes. I had Covid but they want to see if I have antibodies to Covid now. I am not sure why really cos having antibodies doesn't guarantee any immunity. I'll be interested to see tho.

Yesterday I had :-
Coffee and walnut shake
Double chocolate bar
Low carb wrap with mushrooms and rocket.
Lemon pancakes.

Today's food so far :-

Salted caramel shake with skinny chocolate sauce in it mixed in a blender with ice. Lovely at the time but I was hungry an hour later.

Porridge with handful of berries and a very small banana. Yeah I know carbs but oh well.....

Nothing else so far. Am trying to avoid much more today cos of the banana. I figured if I count the porridge as 400 cals it will offset the banana carbs.

Last edited:
Ignore the links above. I did lol. They don't work. I reported it as spam and have asked for the thread to be moved to diaries. Anyway last night ended on some green salad with a smidge of grated vegan cheese and a teaspoon of tahini paste. My weigh in is tomorow but I don't feel like I've lost any weight. Ds is coverting my lemon bars.I was like go for it. He also said our scales are wrong. He weighs 57kg on the hospital scales and 62 kg in same clothes on same day on ours. ( he's always been slim and can eat anything) That's around 5kg out and may or may not explain why at, supposedly 13.7, I can get into size 14 jeans. I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as the trend is downwards.

Last edited:
My measurements are down tho ....

42 bust to 39,
37 waist to 34
42 stomach to 39
43 hip to 40

I remember the days I had a 26 inch waist!!

8 inches in less than a month. Not bad going really. It's a pity my stomach is still the same size as my bust.

Last edited:
Well done on your inch loss.

I need to be better at taking measurements, I never do it.

My scales are all over the place sometimes, I'll weigh in Boots later on then weigh at home to see how similar they are.

Back